• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gaston

I didn't even think about meeting him, but now I'm adding him to our list of characters to meet!

Have had lots of good interactions but one was really special. DS1 (adult), who is the one who LOVES characters, is disabled and loves to meet Gaston. One visit Gaston asked if he had visited his tavern. Since DS doesn't really speak conversationally, I said yes. He then grabbed arms with DS and they walked off for the tavern. I didn't want to turn around since I just knew everyone was glaring that we were eating up time. We went inside the tavern to the room with the fireplace and his chair. He told a man sitting in the chair to get up. He told DS to sit down. Then very loudly to a hushed tavern he told everyone that whenever Master B was visiting that this would be his chair for him to use. The photographer followed and had some great shots. DS was so excited. It was really cool. Hopefully those in line behind us were okay with it ...

I forgot he even flexed muscles with him ...

View attachment 276422

That is so sweet! I'm certain that no one thought anything about the time Gaston spent with DS. Part of the thrill about the meet and greet is watching the pure joy and excitement from the other guests! It's just as much fun watching as meeting him yourself!

Besides the Evil Stepsisters at 1900 Park Fair Dinner, this was one of our best M&G's. DD and I LOVED our time with him and he flirted shamelessly and talked a good bit. He was very witty and engaging. The line was a bit long for us this trip so we didn't line up but I may try again with DS4 our spring trip.

Have had lots of good interactions but one was really special. DS1 (adult), who is the one who LOVES characters, is disabled and loves to meet Gaston. One visit Gaston asked if he had visited his tavern. Since DS doesn't really speak conversationally, I said yes. He then grabbed arms with DS and they walked off for the tavern. I didn't want to turn around since I just knew everyone was glaring that we were eating up time. We went inside the tavern to the room with the fireplace and his chair. He told a man sitting in the chair to get up. He told DS to sit down. Then very loudly to a hushed tavern he told everyone that whenever Master B was visiting that this would be his chair for him to use. The photographer followed and had some great shots. DS was so excited. It was really cool. Hopefully those in line behind us were okay with it ...

I forgot he even flexed muscles with him ...

View attachment 276422
That is awesome. Thank you for sharing that! I always find it amazing when villains or characters like Gaston--not exactly "sweet"--figure out a way to interact with kids who like them, even if they're not meant to be "liked." I always worried about the villains being mean to DD when she wanted to be nice to them, and we never had a bad experience. Some amazing CMs out there :)

He's pure entertainment! I've met Gaston a few times & they have all been great. Even waiting in line is a blast listening to him talk the other people.

That is awesome. Thank you for sharing that! I always find it amazing when villains or characters like Gaston--not exactly "sweet"--figure out a way to interact with kids who like them, even if they're not meant to be "liked." I always worried about the villains being mean to DD when she wanted to be nice to them, and we never had a bad experience. Some amazing CMs out there :)

We are HUGE Villains fans so gravitate to them. They are some of the best, they know how to shift the gears and make it fun with him. Last weekend we also did two days at Universal. He saw the Grinch and wanted his picture with him. When he got up there Sam I Am pulled him close for photo and Grinch stood off to side with his attitude. DS reached over and grabbed Grinch and pulled him in close. It was really cute, just like the movie, he showed him some love. Our best meets are more with the non-traditional although once Cinderella danced with DS and I got on video - was awesome especially end when he bowed, sniffle. He may not understand much in the world but he knows his best of friends.

8008f362-74b0-4803-9fa4-c99f803e759f (1).png

Hands down, one of the best M&G ever. My little one was wearing a shirt for "Gaston's Gym". Gaston was infatuated by it and wanted to know all about it. My son was happy to discuss. He told Gaston it was "over the world". Gaston of course was pleased that it was as large as he was :-)

Gaston is so fun to meet! Especially when I went in December 2014. I went to meet him by myself and he was SO flirty and had no real concept of personal space, like he kept getting closer, and I kept backing away but was trapped by the wall. I have to share my pictures because they're just so funny.

37399605460_9b02153bac_z.jpg

23804756438_16b8273797_z.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter