Gay Crocs?

wallyb

<font color=blue>Love My Stella-rella!<br><font co
Okay I know this topic is all over "the other boards" (a bit of reverse prejudice here I guess)
but I just had to get a little :rainbow:"sisterly":rainbow: advice so here it goes...

Do any of you have Crocs (especially men) and do you like them (especially for WDW)?
It seems their following is getting to almost cultish proportions and I was wondering if I too should "drink the kool aid".
party:

I bought a pair for my trip in December. Hated them, I had to wear socks because they rubbed blisters on the tops of my feet. Same thing in February. Maybe it's the style, standard with holes from Hallmark. I bought my son a pair of black with no holes. He is a chef and says they are great for all the standing he does. So there you have 2 very different opinions in the same family.

My footwear of choice for Florida and actually ALL walking around all day places when it is warm is: Reef Slaps. They are like walking on marshmallows. Although they do tend to smoosh down after 3 commando all day in the park WDW trips and many other wearings in between. But they NEVER hurt my feet and I could wear them for 16 hours and my feet didn't hurt at all.

My guy was REALLY reluctant when I bought him a pair for our WDW trip... let me tell you, he's an avid fan now. They saved our feet!!! He wears them all the time now, but his faves are the sandal style, not the clogs. Trust me, they are amazing.

I bought a pair recently---Islander style with leather uppers. They felt comfortable and I began wearing them to work and on vacation. Within a week, I developed the worst lower back pain that I have ever experienced. I don't know if the Crocs are to blame, but I have stopped wearing them for long periods of time.

I have a pair of Caymans. They are extremely comfortable, but I have never done a day at the parks with them. I typically wear a pair of sneakers/tennis shoes/running shoes/or whatever people call them these days.

Not sure what an entire day of walking around in them without socks would be like and whether or not they might start rubbing after a while. I plan to try them out in a park next time, but will make sure I have a pair of socks in my backpack just in case.

I like them and have more than one pair, but they are not perfect. They will rub in the heat if you are barefoot. Socks help a lot! I have trouble with them irritating the ball of my foot too if I wear them too long (again without socks).

For "normal" (non-park all day) use they are really great. Great in the rain as you can just dry them right off once the rain stops.

However, if you get knock offs like I did, the soles wear out and then they are VERY slippery in the rain!

Yick to the traditional Mario Batali/Nurse Ratchet crocs. Those suckers are ugly. For the sake of fashion, I'll brave foot pain.

Just kidding.

I have discovered Reef Fannings. Not only are they incredibly comfortable, they come with a handy dandy beer bottle opener on the bottoms. Yep. Love 'em. For two reasons.

RickinNYC said:
Yick to the traditional Mario Batali/Nurse Ratchet crocs. Those suckers are ugly. For the sake of fashion, I'll brave foot pain.

Just kidding.

I have discovered Reef Fannings. Not only are they incredibly comfortable, they come with a handy dandy beer bottle opener on the bottoms. Yep. Love 'em. For two reasons.

WOW! I thought you were kidding. They really do have a bottle opener.
So odd. I'd use it for Yoo-hoo - don't like beer.

OMG Rick, now I know what I can buy DH for our cruise in 2 weeks. Two for the price of one!

Now come on wallyb, gay men know fashionable shoes, but if you need comfortable shoe advice, that is squarely the domain of us lesbians. I've worn them at the parks all day with no problem. They have solved my biggest WDW shoe issue, which is finding shoes that I can wear on Kali River Rapids and then continue to walk in without my feet getting shreaded or having to squish in the running shoe -sock soup for the rest of the day. I've tried maybe 5 or so other brands-styles and these are the only ones that worked. I'll be wearing them next month. They make a flip - flop (athena) and a sandle (nile) and a new flip flop type with out the toe partition specifically in men's sizes that are actually cute.

I'm sorry was I only suppose to bring ONE pair of shoes ?!?! I am trying to not bring my usual carry-on of shoeS . You know sneakers for comfort , 2nd pair of sneakers for when 1st pair get wet. Sandals to wear around the pool. Shoes to wear for dinner. Boat shoes for wearing on the days you dont go to a park. Shoes to go dancing /drinking and of course I have no idea what outfit I'll want to wear any of theses days so I better bring the right COLOR ( multi sets )of all these shoes :goodvibes

But like I said I'm gonna try to just fit a pair or two into my regular suitcase and will not be including croc's UGLY!!!!!

:sunny:

Crocs make your feet look so big--at least they seem big to me. And might foot is quite large enough so I stay away from Crocs, besides if I got dirt in them, I don't want to go there.

Born is my favorite summer footwear. Well, non-summer too. "Hand crafted" and the most comfortable shoes I own. And I own a lot. :)

I am a straight girl, but I happen to love my Crocs. DH won't try them on, so he will never know what he is missing! ;)

DS9 has a pair but he doesn't like them. Not sure WHY he doesn't like them because he has chosen not to articulate a real reason. I suspect he just likes to waste my money.

The men I have seen in Crocs so far are straight men, so you can take that however you like. :confused3

I will be bringing the requisite "shoe bag" on our August trip. I learned about the shoe bag on a thread about overpacking. The idea is to have one piece of luggage filled entirely with shoes. This is a FABULOUS idea, but don't forget to put some shoes in your carry-on or wear some sensible shoes on the plane in case your shoe bag gets lost. When we went in October I realized the only shoes I had in the room on arrival were flip-flops and some thick-soled ridiculous open-toed things I wore on the plane. If the shoe bag had been lost I would have been TOAST. I will bring both pairs of Crocs (the Sleeping Beauty pink and the Cinderella blue) and try them for short stints in the parks. If they rub I will change shoes midday. :thumbsup2

I bought a pair last week and I have put them on every time I leave the house and so far I still hate them. They are big, ugly and so far have not made any "mold" to my foot. I have also noticed that my hips seem to be hurting a little more this week then ever before.
I wish I had saved the $30.00 !

Last year DH and I went to europe for 3 weeks and he insisted I get a couple pair of Merrils (I had 2 pair of crocs I wanted to take)because according to him they were the best shoes for touring and walking all day. Was he WRONG!!!!!! after 4 days I had huge blisters on my feet from the merrils. they actually looked like burns they were so big. I couldn't walk. I had "smuggled" one pair of crocs in my suitcase. and they saved the trip. I was able to put moleskin on the blisters and wear my crocs the rest of the trip. I now swear my my crocs and if I am having to walk alot they are the only shoes I will wear.

My crocs have yet to express a sexual preference, but I promise I'll always be supportive... :teeth:

Fashionable or not, they're comfortable as all get out! Especially as a larger person, they really provide extra cushioning and help me go a lot farther in the day. I will agree that the ones with holes are pretty hideous to look at, but I have closed top Aspens (that I think are at least passable-looking) and the Nile sandals (which are downright cute!).

wallyb and everyone...gotta say that I am a CROChead...totally addicted...get a buzz when I buy new crocs and am presently in a state of withdrawl cause it's been 3 weeks since I bought my last pair. :sad2: I've been trying to resist, but I swear I might falter today...where the heck is my sponsor?

I've been wearing the Beach style for over a year...did 2 week long trips to WDW last year in them...comfy tootsies!!! :love: And I just did my first trip to DL, where I wore my Beach and my new Scutes. Pure :cloud9: for this trip, too! And, well, DH did his first Croc Disney trip and said it was the best decision...no sweaty icky sock feet. He wore his Scutes to start with until DS (14) snitched them for the parks, then he wore the Beach...both were great for him. DS refuses to wear his Beach except for the pool and hanging around so he's wanting either the Scutes or the Athens (flipflop).

Here's my lime green one at the center of DL...
P1010111_112.jpg

and the Scutes...sorry for the quality...it's from my camera phone...
Laurascutes.jpg

I'm heading to WDW next month and yep, the Crocs are going with me. The hard part now is deciding which...I've got the Beach in lime, khaki, navy, and black...the Scutes in chocolate/khaki...and Holey Soles (Canadian version) closed toe in moss and chocolate. The Scutes are calling me...say that I need another color... :bitelip:

Okay, I saw a girl in line at EE at AKwith her Athens reds on. She was too far ahead to shout at her. She had the flip flops on (Athens?). Anyone have them? Having survived two days of downpours, courtesy of Alberto, I really needed a true, waterproof, dries in a hurry, comfortable shoe. Does the toe thingy bother anyone? Thanks. Any feedback on Nile" model would be good, too.

I have the Athens & I really like them. I quickly got used to the toe thingey. But the major difference between these & Beaches, etc. is that they are not as wide. I have wideish feet and if these were any narrower I wouldn't be able to wear them. Other than that they're great!

Well, thank you, DKostel, for letting me know your opinion. I heard they "shrink." Yikes. I wear a 9 1/2 women's, so I am inferring that I should order a 10?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter