Gay Friendly resort?

Quinn222

DIS Veteran
My friends are taking their seven year old son to WDW. They are a gay couple and are wondering which hotel might be the most gay friendly? They are mostly concerned that their child not be the target of any unkind comments.

I told them that I had never seen any of that kind of thing there but not being in their shoes I probably wouldn't. Any opinions? Anyone with experience in this area?

I've stayed at most of the resorts & have never heard or seen any behavior to worry about. But, if they are really worried, I'd recommend a DVC resort (rent points from a member or pay cash). Most members see these resorts as a "home away from home" and treat them as such. It is a pretty nice atmosphere.

Quinn222 said:
My friends are taking their seven year old son to WDW. They are a gay couple and are wondering which hotel might be the most gay friendly? They are mostly concerned that their child not be the target of any unkind comments.

I told them that I had never seen any of that kind of thing there but not being in their shoes I probably wouldn't. Any opinions? Anyone with experience in this area?

You know, if I saw 2 men with a child walking into a resort at WDW, I would not think anything of it. First, it could be a dad, his on and a brother of the dad. It could be a dad and son and a friend that is vacationing at the same resort. It could be any number of different scenarios. The furthest thing from my mind would be "Oh look, too gay men and their son". I think that gay and lesbian couples are more tuned in to what other people might see and think than what most of the other people are actually seeing and doing. And as I have said before, most people in WDW are way to overwhelmed at all there is to see and do resort and park wise that they rarely notice what is going on around them. I do notice things like clothing choices and bad foot wear, but the people and their possible relationships never get into my mind.

Personally, if I had a seven year old, I think I would take him to All Star Movies and stay at the Toy Story area. He would identify with that movie, the theming is great. It may not be the first choice for a lot of people, but I think a 7 year old would love it.

Please tell your friends to go and enjoy their time and seeing WDW through their son's eyes. Let the rest of the world pass around them with no notice.

Thanks for the advice. If it was just them they wouldn't care but I think they were a little spooked by some kind of fundmentalist reaction to gay days and didn't want to run into any problem with their son there. I'll pass along that All Stars may be the say to go and that no one thinks they'll have any problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter