Gemmybear 83's Magical Journey Home Day 5 Annettes and Home :-(

gemmybear83

<font color=royalblue>I would blame it all on Bob<
This morning we were so tired we slept in and missed breakfast. Our room was so warm we had turned the heating off, switched onn the air conditioning and left the window open! I don't think I wiould request a room on a high floor again as disney really know how to insulate their hotel rooms!

We checked out of the hotel very quickly by using the express checkout and dropped our bags off at the luggage room and then headed off to the parks.

We got to Walt Disney Studios for 10am, and the weather was awful it was pouring down :eek: . We entered studio 1 to the cute opening ceremoney they have in their - I like this but I was sad that the red carpet and cast members who clap for you seem to have disapeared from the last we were there.

We joined the crush queue which was across the whole park:eek: . At 10am they opened the ride and everyone filtered in, we only waited 30mins in total :woohoo: . This time we rode backwards, and I prefered it this was as you so a lot more things going on in the ride - I still screamed all the way round though!

We headed over to the Backlot express for some hot drinks, I liked it in here there were lots of things to look at and it was nice and warm and dry!:lmao:

356.jpg

355.jpg

We then headed over to one of my favourites Cinemagique, I love this show its so magical! I've read rumours they will be getting rid of it I hope they don't its wonderful and a WDS original!

334.jpg

They show didnt disapoint, and they we trooped off to Stitich Live passing Daisy and Minnie on the way :goodvibes.

We went into a holding pen Stitch Live and could hear loads of drilling for Playhouse Disney, not very disney like!

335.jpg

We went into the show and it was great fun, very funny and stitch was very cute and wished us a very merry christmas!

We went to do some shopping, and studio 1 and shops were packed - its safe to say the credit crunch had not hit disney during out trip! Henry got some pirate socks, and I got this little fella:

376.jpg

By this time it was lunch time so we went to Annettes to warm up, and said good bye to Walt Disney Studios.

336.jpg

Annettes was really busy, we were lucky we didnt have to queue but all the booths were full.

339.jpg

I had the chilli dog (it was really tasty and greasy!)

358.jpg

and Henry had the french mountain burger which was really yummy too

357.jpg

I loved it in here it had a great atmosphere and all the staff were on rollerskates!

We headed back to the disneyland park and did two more rides on big thunder mountain and pirates, we were getting pretty sad right now as we were going home soon :sad2: .

We stopped off at Fuente del Oro for some churros, which were really tasty. They were almost as good as the real thing we had in Mexico!

Now it was time to leave :sad2: :sad2:

We walked down the discover arcade as the parade was on walked back to the hotel to pick up our bags, and pack all our purchases into my case!

We then got the bus back to train station (first time we used the bus this holiday), and got the tgv to the airport. This train journey was so easy I wouldnt use the VEA ever again, it was so quick!

We then did the long walk to terminal 2B and checked in for our easyjet flight. We had split ham and cheese baguette from the airport and then had to hang around in the gate for an extra half an hour as our flight was delayed grrrrr. A rude easyjet lady kept on getting on everybody's nerves as she kept on checking that we only had one piece of handluggage each and made me feel like I ahd done something wrong!

We eventually got on the plane, and touched down in Newcastle about 10pm. The bags were waiting for us when we got there as was the courtesy bus to take us to the car park :thumbsup2 . After de-icing the car we were on the road and home in 20mins :sad1: .

Conclusions:
I loved the trip, I thought the Christmas season was very magical and I would love to go back. We might go back for a short break next year, either for Halloween or Christmas (I would also love to spend new year there), but it all depends if the Japan trip is pulled off and how much that costs. But I will be having a disney trip of some sort!! I would like to try the hotel new york the next time, although I do :lovestruc the hotel cheyenne and would love to go back there especially in the summer.

I hope you enjoyed my trip report.:)

Fantastic trip report, love your pictures and that food has made me SO hungry! lols.

I really enjoyed your trip report- all the details are interesting and helpful- we're staying at the SL a week today:banana: and amongst other things I now know my DS won't need his thickest pyjamas :) Thanks.

Great report Gemma, its really getting me in the mood for my Jan trip.

Can i ask what time you ate at Annettes in the afternoon?

Great report Gemma, its really getting me in the mood for my Jan trip.

Can i ask what time you ate at Annettes in the afternoon?

We went about 12:15 so quite early. I think because of the bad weather that day a lot of people had opted for a long lunch!

But everywhere was busy for eating for whole time we were there - and all ther counter services places were open. Something I thought only happened in the summer?!:scared1:

Gosh I'm hoping to eat there about 1pm, hope we dont have to wait long to get seated.

Loved the report with awesome photos. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup2

awww have just finished reading all of your trip report!! Fantastic, thank you so much for sharing it with us!!

xxx

Great report and great photos thanks for sharing :goodvibes
I just love Annette, i want to be there JUST NOW :guilty: :sad:

I have just read all 5 installments (I like to save them up & read them all together so I don't lose track of what's going on!) & I have loved reading all about your trip & your photos are brilliant. Reading your restaurant reports makes me wish I wasn't going with young children so I could enjoy some fine dining too. I hope you get to go back again next year - Hallowe'en season has great theming if youo haven't seen it yet.

"We then headed over to one of my favourites Cinemagique, I love this show its so magical! I've read rumours they will be getting rid of it I hope they don't its wonderful and a WDS original!"

:eek:

Cinemagique is one of my favourites.

Where did you hear this rumour???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter