Gender Reveal parties

It’s refreshing to hear people openly say that no one other than the parents cares about this, and I’ll take it a step further and say that’s true for the actual baby, too. Please don’t intrude on my weekend plans by expecting me to join you for dumb games to celebrate the fact you got knocked up for a third time. :p

I don’t think @hrhdhd and I have agreed on anything else, but I agree with this — it’s a sex reveal, not a gender reveal. I don’t make that distinction because I’m trying to be politically correct, but because I care about accuracy in the words I use. Same reason why I call it a fetus through most of the pregnancy, and why I teach my toddlers the proper terminology for their anatomy instead of using silly made up baby words.

It’s refreshing to hear people openly say that no one other than the parents cares about this, and I’ll take it a step further and say that’s true for the actual baby, too. Please don’t intrude on my weekend plans by expecting me to join you for dumb games to celebrate the fact you got knocked up for a third time. :p

I don’t think @hrhdhd and I have agreed on anything else, but I agree with this — it’s a sex reveal, not a gender reveal. I don’t make that distinction because I’m trying to be politically correct, but because I care about accuracy in the words I use. Same reason why I call it a fetus through most of the pregnancy, and why I teach my toddlers the proper terminology for their anatomy instead of using silly made up baby words.
It's a perfectly good word. The literal definition of "hatching of young" made me giggle a little. :laughing:
1710087566133.png

OP here, I’m glad I’m not the only who doesn’t like the the gender (or sex) reveals.

“if” my husband feels up to it, we will go, if not, we will stay home.

I love baby showers…so will definitely go for that!

Still not worth it IMO

No thanks - and I don't want to go to the wedding either - especially a destination wedding.

I send a gift and skip it even if there is an open bar.
I love weddings. We've never been invited to a destination wedding (our people don't really do that) but we attend just about every local one we're asked to. :lovestruc It wasn't until the DIS that I learned some people don't like being invited to things.

I actually like weddings and am happy to celebrate the couple.
So the few I have been to...I had a good time - I can have a good time in almost any situation though .,. but they all ended up in divorce within five years (other than my own) so yeah - I have better things to do with my time and the cost is always ridiculous.

I know very few people who enjoy weddings personally, but I am sure many do

So the few I have been to...I had a good time - I can have a good time in almost any situation though .,. but they all ended up in divorce within five years (other than my own) so yeah - I have better things to do with my time and the cost is always ridiculous.

I know very few people who enjoy weddings personally, but I am sure many do
Great, not sure why you quoted me. I know very few people who hate weddings. But apparently there are many who do.

ETA- You actually sound pretty grumpy about most things so I'm surprised to hear(read) you say you can have a good time in almost any situation. But perhaps we define "good" time differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter