• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

General Public codes?

Brander

Earning My Ears
Does it appear to all concerned that there will be no general public codes available for summer travellers? Looking at the history of Disney's release dates for these codes in past years, we are now beyond those dates, with no indication of discounts this year.
Florida residents and AP holders have their discounts, now it's time for us regular folk!
Any feelings/opinions/suggestions?
Thanks a lot!

I think with the Free Dining Plan, codes won't come out for the general public.

I agree, there will be no special deals this summer.

I think with the 50th anniversary celebration and the advertising that a family of 4 can spend a week at WDW for under $1,500.......the parks and resorts are full. Thus, no need for a special.

We did the FTP(2003) and the pay for 5 stay for 7(2004) and we're really hoping for another deal this summer.
Oh well, there is always next year.

Don't forget there have been no general codes out since mid-April. When I went down there in May the AP codes weren't even as good as the general codes had been in previous years and everyone said general codes were not released for that time period, because with the 50th Celebration and MYW dining plan the resorts occupancy was high enough that general codes weren't needed.

It's always packed in the summer and with the new free dining for late August-early Oct, they should be drawing people in for the fall (despite last year's hurricanes). I had originally booked a room only ressie for Sept, but with the AP code discount not being any more than it was, it made more sense to do a pkg and get the free dining, even though I had to buy myself a MYW ticket to get it. I'll be using my AP and saving the MYW ticket for a trip next year after my AP expires. If AP codes are not going to be anymore than they have been in the last two batches I'll probably not renew my AP and just won't be going to WDW as frequently next year. I don't see them offering general codes when they're only giving about $18.00 off value resorts and a flat $100.00 off deluxe resorts for AP holders. They'd either have to give the same discount as they do for AP holders, which would upset their AP holders, or the discount would be so miniscule that it wouldn't be worth messing with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter