George Town, Grand Cayman Port

plasmo

Earning My Ears
Will be on Magic in mid March and was wondering if people had any recommendations while in George Town.
Is there enough to do in the port itself without signing up for a Disney Port activity?

thanks

The port has a lot of typical cruise port shopping. I'm not sure of your interests, but it wouldn't interest our family to only see the port. Grand Cayman is very easy to get around outside of a DCL excursion.

Honestly, It really depends on what you want to do. We were in Grand Cayman back in '19 on the fantasy and enjoyed walking around the port area for a few hours. The Margaritaville is a few blocks from the port and has a nice pool and slides. it is moderately priced but the food and drinks were great.

Most people I know prefer to set up their own snorkeling excursions. There are options in the port area for this if you want to meet a tour. Otherwise, lots of the resorts offer day passes with a cabana/room rental option which is very appealing if you prefer not to sit in the sun all day. Whatever you do, if you end up going on your own make sure to leave 30 min - an Hour for the tender once you arrive at the port to make sure you are back on the ship on time.

Enjoy your cruise!

Will be on Magic in mid March and was wondering if people had any recommendations while in George Town.
Is there enough to do in the port itself without signing up for a Disney Port activity?

thanks
Its such a beautiful place we enjoyed walking around, shopping, taking photos, & we stopped in at Hard Rock Cafe.

You must be on the Magic cruise that is going to be the first ones to port at Grand Cayman. Would love to hear about your experience since we'll be there 8 days later on the Fantasy.

Does anyone know if Grand Cayman is going to let people do things on their own or do you have to be booked on an excursion? I haven't seen their reopening requirements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter