Georgia Ice

I<3EvilQueen

DIS Veteran
I nearly spewed my soda all over my screen when I heard about the Ice coming from Georgia. Living here we have "WATER CRISIS" on the news every day, and that I found interesting and funny cuz I was thinking the same thing as you guys.

And by the way...the city in Georgia, Cairo is pronouced (KAY-RO). So props to Bob in pronouncing it the way it would be pronouned in the rest of the world.

Cairo, like the syrup! :lmao: I remember having to learn that on the drive down to WDW the first time with my GParents.

I already sent in an email about this, but I'll post it here too.

Bob, I'm not saying you're wrong, but you may want to check your sources. Every year, they build a small ice skating rink in Centennial Olympic Park in Downtown Atlanta, and I heard on the news that this year they imported the water to build it from Kentucky.
(a link to the news article: http://www.examiner.com/a-1031345~Centennial_Olympic_Park_to_truck_in_water_for_skating.html)
I just find it hard to believe the state would send two million pounds of ice for this when they have to get far less water from somewhere else.

I also want to know what DO they do with the ice when they are done with it? It doesn't seem that simple to just melt it and let it flow down the drain, but would they really send it back to Georgia? I'm sure all of us Georgian listeners would appreciate it if you found this out for us. Thanks.

Just a note I will be looking into where the water is coming from and reporting back to everyone. :moped:

Just my two cents - yes, Georgia is in a horrific drought and water conservation is needed everywhere but not every part of the State is in a state of emergency. Some areas have water restrictions on outdoor watering but are not on the verge of running out of water like the Atlanta area. As far as I know there have not been any water restrictions placed on commercial use of water under 100,000 gallons/day and even then a special permit can be obtained.

There is lots of information at www.conservewatergeorgia.net for those people who like me have to look everything up. :surfweb:

Just my two cents - yes, Georgia is in a horrific drought and water conservation is needed everywhere but not every part of the State is in a state of emergency. Some areas have water restrictions on outdoor watering but are not on the verge of running out of water like the Atlanta area. As far as I know there have not been any water restrictions placed on commercial use of water under 100,000 gallons/day and even then a special permit can be obtained.

There is lots of information at www.conservewatergeorgia.net for those people who like me have to look everything up. :surfweb:

You are correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter