Get ILL$ instead of Genie+ for short visit

EdmondD

DIS Veteran
EDIT - oh, it appears there is only one attraction at MK eligible for ILL$. So this is kind of moot.

Sorry, haven't been since pre-covid and still figuring this new stuff out!

Making a short visit from a cruise excursion (I know, I know....I just a need a fix) and if we maybe will get to MK by 3 and leave by like 6:30, should I avoid paying for Genie+ and just spend that money on ILL$? I think a typical MK ILL$ is around $10-$15. So one ILL$ is a little less than the cost of Genie+. So if I got two ILL$ in our few hours there (and I'm not so focused on getting on attractions as I am just soaking in the park), that would set me back maybe-let's-call-it $25.

Would I reasonably get two ILLs with Genie+, in which case I'm only out $15 for two attractions?

And as I type this out I realize I'm splitting hairs over maybe $10, in the grand scheme of a vacation that is in the thousands!

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you didn't go for the main rides as G+, jungle cruise and Peter pan mainly, and instead started with haunted mansion or something along those lines, you could theoretically get G+ for several rides with reasonable return times. Every day I'd different but here's the Thrill Data heat map for a availability and return times yesterday.

Screenshot_20220920-100351.png
The ideal thing is getting an LL for something about an hour after park opening and use it as soon as you can, but also utilizing rope drop as best as possible. Then after using your first LL, grab another with a return less than 2 hours away, just trying to stay ahead of that 2 hour window as well as what others are selecting

Edited: didn't see the 3pm entry, so yeah, if you do Genie+, you can book a ride for 3pm at 7am, the rides I mentioned, PPF and JC, will likely be out that far in the morning, then 2 hours after open and every 2 hours after, just add another ride reservation. When you are close to entering, try to find something that has a near immediate return and do that first just to add another selection.

Even if you want to only do a few rides, this will save you the time of standing in line while getting you on 4 or 5 rides

Last edited:
With that short of a timeframe, 3pm-6:30pm I personally would spend the extra $$$ and get both G+ and the $ILL. (That is, if you want to ride 7DMT). We personally can easily skip 7DMT and be perfectly happy. Time is a precious commodity in your case, so I would do anything you can do to skip lines. However it's not my money that I'm spending. :)

Keep in mind that you will want internet or cellular access at 7am EST to book your first G+ selection. It may take some refreshing and waiting after 7am to get the G+ window into that 3pm timeframe though. At 7am, the first two attractions to hit that 3pm timeframe will probably be Jungle Cruise or Peter Pan. Then, 2 hours after park open (11am if park officially opens at 9am), look for another headliner in that 3pm - 6:30 timeframe, then 2 hours after around 1pm that look for another. My guess it that you could "stack" three good rides with G+ before you arrive to MK, plus the $ILL for 7DMT if you decide to do that too.

Dan

If you didn't go for the main rides as G+, jungle cruise and Peter pan mainly, and instead started with haunted mansion or something along those lines, you could theoretically get G+ for several rides with reasonable return times. Every day I'd different but here's the Thrill Data heat map for a availability and return times yesterday.

View attachment 703736
The ideal thing is getting an LL for something about an hour after park opening and use it as soon as you can, but also utilizing rope drop as best as possible. Then after using your first LL, grab another with a return less than 2 hours away, just trying to stay ahead of that 2 hour window as well as what others are selecting

Edited: didn't see the 3pm entry, so yeah, if you do Genie+, you can book a ride for 3pm at 7am, the rides I mentioned, PPF and JC, will likely be out that far in the morning, then 2 hours after open and every 2 hours after, just add another ride reservation. When you are close to entering, try to find something that has a near immediate return and do that first just to add another selection.

Even if you want to only do a few rides, this will save you the time of standing in line while getting you on 4 or 5 rides

Thank you! This is a big help.

With that short of a timeframe, 3pm-6:30pm I personally would spend the extra $$$ and get both G+ and the $ILL. (That is, if you want to ride 7DMT). We personally can easily skip 7DMT and be perfectly happy. Time is a precious commodity in your case, so I would do anything you can do to skip lines. However it's not my money that I'm spending. :)

Keep in mind that you will want internet or cellular access at 7am EST to book your first G+ selection. It may take some refreshing and waiting after 7am to get the G+ window into that 3pm timeframe though. At 7am, the first two attractions to hit that 3pm timeframe will probably be Jungle Cruise or Peter Pan. Then, 2 hours after park open (11am if park officially opens at 9am), look for another headliner in that 3pm - 6:30 timeframe, then 2 hours after around 1pm that look for another. My guess it that you could "stack" three good rides with G+ before you arrive to MK, plus the $ILL for 7DMT if you decide to do that too.

Dan

Thanks, @DisneyFive

And yes, it has occurred to me that I'll be on ship Wifi at 7am. No bueno! I appreciate the tips.

It's me an adult friend and neither of us is blown away 7D, so not high on our list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter