Getting a free Disney trip...and I hope I don't get to go!

mouselovenfamily

DIS Veteran
Wow! Never thought I wouLd say that!!! :scared1:

My DSIL is taking her DD, DSIL & 3 grandsons to WDW in August. She always calls me to book and set up her trips for her. She called me last night and asked me to go with them...on her!! She even has frequent flyer miles for the air!!! I can't believe it!

It will be August heat and with three kids under 6...but it is DISNEY! Moderate hotel (kids in another room), and dining plan, and I get to set it all up!! Yipee!!

The kicker is I hope I don't get to go! I've applied for a new job and if I get it, I start early August and there is no way to take off to go on the trip.

What a situation to be in!!! I REALLY want the new job, but I guess my trade off if I don't get the job I get to go on the trip. I need the job though...

Wow! Never thought I wouLd say that!!! :scared1:

My DSIL is taking her DD, DSIL & 3 grandsons to WDW in August. She always calls me to book and set up her trips for her. She called me last night and asked me to go with them...on her!! She even has frequent flyer miles for the air!!! I can't believe it!

It will be August heat and with three kids under 6...but it is DISNEY! Moderate hotel (kids in another room), and dining plan, and I get to set it all up!! Yipee!!

The kicker is I hope I don't get to go! I've applied for a new job and if I get it, I start early August and there is no way to take off to go on the trip.

What a situation to be in!!! I REALLY want the new job, but I guess my trade off if I don't get the job I get to go on the trip. I need the job though...

It's all about priorities. With a job you can go to Disney multiple times.:wizard:Good luck!pixiedust:

The PP has a good point of view there. Good luck on getting the job! :thumbsup2

First...good luck with the job. Second...in some situations if you inform them that you have a planned and paid for vacation ahead of time (they don't need to know that someone else is paying for the trip) they won't have a problem. The worst thing is you won't get paid (but at my last job when I got a new manager they honored her existing vacation plans and paid her for it - not the norm though in many cases) Obviously, I don't know the full details, but it never hurts to ask.

Good luck..:banana:

Good luck with the job.

The way I see it, either way you have good news. Either you get the job (yeA!) or you get a free trip to Disney to console yourself over not getting it.

Not a bad predicament to be in, in my opinion. :)

It's all about priorities. With a job you can go to Disney multiple times.:wizard:Good luck!pixiedust:

AMEN to that!!!

First...good luck with the job. Second...in some situations if you inform them that you have a planned and paid for vacation ahead of time (they don't need to know that someone else is paying for the trip) they won't have a problem. The worst thing is you won't get paid (but at my last job when I got a new manager they honored her existing vacation plans and paid her for it - not the norm though in many cases) Obviously, I don't know the full details, but it never hurts to ask.

Good luck..:banana:

I had thought about that and in this case there would be no way to get off. The job is at a school and school starts the day before I would leave. Taking time off that time of the year wuld be a no no for sure!

Good luck with the job.

The way I see it, either way you have good news. Either you get the job (yeA!) or you get a free trip to Disney to console yourself over not getting it.

Not a bad predicament to be in, in my opinion. :)

So true,,,but in this case, I really want/need the job!

Thanks for all the well wishes! It is a strange situation to be in!!

Good luck neighbor! I hope it all works out how you want...... however that is! :wizard: But I totally get it.....

So how was graduation???? Still crying? :sad:

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

Good Luck on the job! I am two towns over from you in Oak Grove!! I've heard how difficult it is to get into the local schools lately because of budget cuts so I hope you get the job!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter