Getting a GAC??? Please help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahlovesmickey

<font color=darkorchid>I could probably make Shake
Hello, I have a question regarding going to Disney with a child with disabilities. My daughter is not verbal and has no diagnosis yet (still going through A LOT of testing). She has a lot of symptoms of autism; however, every professional has said that she is not autistic. She also has VERY low muscle tone and does not have good stamina. My question is, I would like to request a Guest Acc. Card on her behalf because 1)she gets overstimulated very easily and I don't know if waiting in line for 40 mins. is going to be possible for her, 2)we will have to keep her in her stroller a lot because she is not going to be able to walk a lot and she gets too heavy for us to carry. Will they allow us to get a GAC based on this information, even though she has no official diagnosis? What should I tell them when asking for one? Do I have to get one every day we go to the parks or can I get one for the entire time we are there? Thank you in advance for your help. :)

I know this is a hard time for you. Remember you are her mom and if you think there is something make sure you push and get others to see what you do.

The GAC is wonderful and it will help your family and your daughter have a magical time in Disney. You don't need a DX or a Dr.'s note. Just go to guest services outside of the gates and explain what she needs. Maybe an alternative entrance, away from people, using a stroller as a wheelchair.

Just explain what she needs not a DX. They are wonderful and caring and I have never walked away upset or felt like I asked for too much.

The GAC is there to help those who need a few things extra to make the trip magical.

Enjoy, April

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter