Getting Sick?

You either go to work or call in sick.

If you mean WHERE do you go if you are sick? You would need to check with your insurance carrier to see where you insurance is valid.

And you need to remember that calling in sick counts as points on your record so if you're very sick and out for too long you will be terminated.

Even if you're swining? That doesn't seem safe.... If you look really sick at work, is it possible they'll send you back home? Home = back to the apartments

If you're sick, please stay home.

You'll still get points, but it's better than coming to work and making yourself and everyone else (Guests and Cast alike) feel worse. I don't know if this applies to CPs, but most Cast Members can Call-In Sick for up to three (?) consecutive days and only get one point. Beyond that will require a Doctor's note.

If you get sick while at work, you can ask for a Early Release (ER, going home early with permission) or a Release of Shift (ROS, going home, not necessarily with permission; this gets notated on your Record Card, but doesn't give you any points).

Seeing this reminded me of the many Pink Eye situations at Cedar Point (which made me lol, literally). Nothing like Pink Eye to cause a good "OMG!" reaction. It was treated like the Plague, in a way. Does that happen at Disney as well? Sorry, but the memories that came back were rather funny and I had to ask/mention.

Just letting everyone no I am not sick & rairley get sick. I was just wondering what happens if you do & thank you for your responses.

I don't know if this applies to CPs, but most Cast Members can Call-In Sick for up to three (?) consecutive days and only get one point. Beyond that will require a Doctor's note.

The current rule is that CPs can have ONE "continuous call in" (3 days for 1 point) WITH a doctor's note during their term, so you'd have to go to a doctor (not an ER, although I think Celebration Health may give out return to work forms). So, if you are out for 5 days with a doctor's note, you will get 3 points.

Please stay home if you are sick. But, do not just call in because your little toe hurts, either. Those call-ins can add up QUICKLY.

They have health services in Epcot that you can utilize as well as various walk-in clinics in Orlando. Make sure your insurance is valid - if not, the price is not cheap. There are a couple hospitals in Orlando as well if you get extremely sick and are in need of that.

For mild illnesses, like it was said before, you have the option to call in. Keep in mind that for CPs, calling in personal is no different than calling in sick. Calling in personal still means you can't enter the park. You are allowed 3 consecutive days with a doctor's note and you are allowed 3 call ins in 30 days - 6 call ins in 90 days. If you are not contagiously ill and you are capable of working, I recommend you go to work. Once you call in the first time, it will seem all too easy to do it again and again and those points will add up fast.

Call in if you're sick. With a valid doctor's note, you can call in up to 3 days and then have them "combined" for only 1 point instead of 3 points. That's done through the Disney health services. That only works once per semester for CP's, but as long as you're not abusing the system and calling in for stupid reasons, you should be fine. I am on my program now and just got over pink eye a couple weeks ago. It jumped from my left eye to my right eye back to my left eye again = I had to call in 2 days (doctor's orders) for each time.

My roommate, however, got the swine flu about a month ago. Her parents live about 3 hours from here so she went home to stay with them. Apparently Disney has a policy where if you call in 10 days in a row, you get termed, so that's what happened to her. That being said, Disney is not heartless. This girl was ready to go home before she got sick, so she put no effort into trying to stay. I'm sure that if she had talked to a manger or health services or had a doctor's note or SOMETHING, things could have been different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter