• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting to 7:30 am tour with a scooter

Papillon

Mouseketeer
We are staying at BCV, and I wnat to book a tour for my DFIL at MK. DFIL uses a scooter, and the tour starts at 7:30 a.m. Does anyone know if the monorail is functioning at that time of day? Or, actually, about 6:30 a.m. since he needs travel time? Or should we just call a cab?

First of all the monorails do start early. However, from BCV why not just use a bus? It sounds to me as if you are planning to break the ECV down, put it in the trunk of your car, drive to the TTC, assemble the ECV, and then take the monorail (or ferry) to MK. Also, a taxi would just go to the TTC anyway, not to MK.

It is easy to load an ECV onto a bus and the buses go to the actual entrance to MK and not to TTC.

At that hour, one cannot cross thru EP to get to the Transportation Center; this option is only available after the Park has opened.

The bus is the quickest and most convenient way to transfer.

We have never taken the tour; what the devil does one see at that early hour? Mickey unshaven with a mug in his big gloved hand?

It sounds like the Steam Train Tour. I would call WDW-RIDE the afternoon before the tour and tell them your transportation needs. They have specially equipped vans for wheelchairs and scooters that will provide transportation when the bus service cannot meet a disabled guests needs.

Tyler is this still correct?????

Carol

When I took the Steam Train tour, I drove to the Contemporary and parked there. I told the parking lot CM where I was going and he gave me a three hour parking pass (which worked out fine since I was planing on leaving MK after the tour anyway - otherwise this would not be a good plan)

clkelley said:
It sounds like the Steam Train Tour. I would call WDW-RIDE the afternoon before the tour and tell them your transportation needs. They have specially equipped vans for wheelchairs and scooters that will provide transportation when the bus service cannot meet a disabled guests needs.

Tyler is this still correct?????

Carol
It still was the case in March (we didn't use the special transporation, but did look into it).

Gee, thanks everyone! I didn't even realize he couldn't "drive" thru Epcot to get to the monorail at that hour! Plus, I didn't know about calling WDW-Ride to arrange transportation for him. I will definitely call them. We have had trouble in the past getting a handicapped bus before, and at this ungodly hour, I would imagine there aren't too many buses running. Yes, it is the Steam Train tour, and I certainly hope Mickey has showered by then! Brushed his teeth, at least! :rotfl:

By the way, Butterfly: although now a world-traveller, I am originally from Boulder the eastern slope land of fruits and nuts. I hope your family will enjoy your trip.

You can also reach Transportation by calling the front desk (I've always meant to look if they have a button for Transportation on the resort room phone, but always forget).
From what I have been told, the number is for those times when you have an unusual need to either be somewhere that is hard to get on the regular WDW transportation or on a tight time schedule (like you have for the tour) or are traveling with more than 2 wheelchairs/ecvs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter