Getting very tired of resale brokers who feel like ghosting is OK. Marking them off my list one by one.

If brokers are willing to leave listings on for months without lowering the asking price, the seller and broker should not be offended with low offers. The longer a property is listed, the lower the offers will be.

And yes, let’s get back to the buyer on these offers regardless. Agree with OP 100%.

Your argument is flawed. Breaking the law is never acceptable. And you can offer whatever you want in the stock market. But constantly offering lowball buy offers won't get you very far.
Hmmmmm, got me 3 contracts..guess it depends on what one perceives s not getting far. Just had one accepted straight up, no counter.

I respect your opinion but vehemently disagree with it. It’s a business transaction nothing more. Buyers aren’t meant to consider the sellers situation nor vice versa. The broker needs to do what they’re required to do and let the chips fall where they may, end of story.

To accuse someone of living a sad life because they make offers on an item the want is ridiculous honestly.

Hmmmmm, got me 3 contracts..guess it depends on what one perceives s not getting far. Just had one accepted straight up, no counter.

I respect your opinion but vehemently disagree with it. It’s a business transaction nothing more. Buyers aren’t meant to consider the sellers situation nor vice versa. The broker needs to do what they’re required to do and let the chips fall where they may, end of story.

To accuse someone of living a sad life because they make offers on an item the want is ridiculous honestly.
You might have mentioned this but is your strategy to make an offer and be prepared to negotiate or are you making a hard and final offer on what you are willing to pay?

I am asking because I am not sure which path I want to take when I start offering for my second contract.

You might have mentioned this but is your strategy to make an offer and be prepared to negotiate or are you making a hard and final offer on what you are willing to pay?

I am asking because I am not sure which path I want to take when I start offering for my second contract.
My strategy is 2 fold. Most importantly I will not pay dues on any points, will not pay closing & will not pay any other fees (Fidelity). Any counter that involves me paying any of those things will be rejected. I will consider a counter on price per point but not the others. Call me a tire kicker if you will 😂

My price per point is always my final purchase cost. So I make an offer based on the best cost per point. For example if you look on the ROFR thread, and calculate closing and dues into the cost per point, that causes the price per point to go up dramatically.

So for example my current contract was the exact number of points I wanted, in my UY and at a resort I adore (even though its dues are higher than I’d prefer) OKW. Had double 2024 points no 2023 points. My offer was $8,000 all in. Seller pays closing, dues on all points (credit for 2024 at closing) and no fee for a net of approx $7150 total cost.

In my creative accounting, I’m paying $71.50 per point. I’m planning on renting the free points which would bring my purchase price down to $3150 or $31.50 per point.

Since I was planning on purchasing a points transfer for $20pp I’m effectively paying $11.50 per point more for 18 years of points vs 1 year of buying transferred points.

Let the mathematical flaming commence 😂

That is interesting. On my initial contract I never thought on not paying the dues on the points I received for the current year. I did not pay them on banked points.

Going forward I have decided I will not pay the Fidelity fee and was prepared to make an offer of the dollar amount in total I want to spend not per point. As for dues depending on when I make my offer, I might make an offer of paying a reduced amount of dues. If I bid in February and it has 2024 points, I would likely pay the dues on those points but if I do not bid until later in the year, I might offer a reduced reimbursement for the dues. If I offer in August and the 2024 dues are banked I most likely will not offer to pay the dues for those points.

We have paid 2023 dues on our BWV resales. I tried on our 2nd to not pay them, but it was countered and we really liked the contract (had full 2022 pts banked) and was the perfect size, so we just wanted it and paid the dues. I think it boils down to.. how much do you REALLY want that particular contract.

We have paid 2023 dues on our BWV resales. I tried on our 2nd to not pay them, but it was countered and we really liked the contract (had full 2022 pts banked) and was the perfect size, so we just wanted it and paid the dues. I think it boils down to.. how much do you REALLY want that particular contract.
I think that is most likely where I will end up.

If I get to use the points, I can see the justification that I pay the dues.

My strategy is 2 fold. Most importantly I will not pay dues on any points, will not pay closing & will not pay any other fees (Fidelity). Any counter that involves me paying any of those things will be rejected. I will consider a counter on price per point but not the others. Call me a tire kicker if you will 😂

My price per point is always my final purchase cost. So I make an offer based on the best cost per point. For example if you look on the ROFR thread, and calculate closing and dues into the cost per point, that causes the price per point to go up dramatically.

So for example my current contract was the exact number of points I wanted, in my UY and at a resort I adore (even though its dues are higher than I’d prefer) OKW. Had double 2024 points no 2023 points. My offer was $8,000 all in. Seller pays closing, dues on all points (credit for 2024 at closing) and no fee for a net of approx $7150 total cost.

In my creative accounting, I’m paying $71.50 per point. I’m planning on renting the free points which would bring my purchase price down to $3150 or $31.50 per point.

Since I was planning on purchasing a points transfer for $20pp I’m effectively paying $11.50 per point more for 18 years of points vs 1 year of buying transferred points.

Let the mathematical flaming commence 😂

I think you are being unrealistic. You can make any offer you like, but no one has to reply if they feel you are going to be under what

It's like playing the lottery sometimes you get lucky and win.
True, but the thread started out with the implication that simple "low-ball" offers were being ghosted. Now, 11 pages in, it is revealed that the low offers are also being made with the stipulation that the OP will not pay any fees whatsoever (including no closing costs, and no dues, even if current year points are included). "Any counter that involves me paying any of those things will be rejected" means that the OP is not only offering low per-point offers, but is also being clear in their initial offer that they refuse to pay any fees or costs. That's a bit of a different story.

Last edited:
True, but the thread started out with the implication that simple "low-ball" offers were being ghosted. Now, 11 pages in, it is revealed that the low offers are also being made with the stipulation that the OP will not pay any fees whatsoever (including no closing costs, and no dues, even if current year points are included). "Any counter that involves me paying any of those things will be rejected" means that the OP is not only offering low per-point offers, but is also being clear in their initial offer that they refuse to pay any fees or cost. That's a bit of a different story.
I was surprised but she ultimately did achieve what she wanted.

I also see no issue with the brokers not replying. I think they should but if they don't it's not a big deal.

I can't, for the life of me, understand why someone would ever ghost you on a proposition like that...
Again back to the point. The offer amount is immaterial. It’s an offer, and all offers should be treated equally. The 30 seconds it takes to tell me it’s been declined with no counter (which I’ve received many) is the point. It’s not up to a transactional broker to ghost anyone unless the seller has given them parameters beforehand. It’s legally required unless other communication has been had between broker & seller beforehand.

I’m on my 6th contract purchase using this same parameters for many years. If a broker decides to ghost me, it’s not up to me to decide how they choose to respond, I choose how I respond.

List price was $90, I offered $80 without paying dues or fees. Call it a lowball offer if you choose, I find it totally acceptable and obviously the seller did too.

It’s OK for someone to be jealous because they overpaid, I get it. But no need to judge or be insulting because someone gets a better deal. I am very confident in every aspect of my life, and if folks feel the need to reduce themselves to name calling or judgment, it doesn’t bother me one bit. I buy as I choose, decide which broker to use or not. The broker is welcome to do as they choose as well as long as it’s within their legal responsibility. That’s my point. It’s strictly a business deal. A broker should act within their legal responsibility and as the seller request. Nothing more to debate here imo. In short, you do you, I’ll do as I feel is best for me.

Be careful, you’ll be subjected to criticism and accused of living a sick life 😂😂
I've been married for over 35 years and raised an outspoken daughter there is no source of criticism that has not been hurled my way.

I never pay attention to any of it.

My mother gets blamed for that. As she has been quoted saying- I think I gave them too much self-esteem.

True, but the thread started out with the implication that simple "low-ball" offers were being ghosted. Now, 11 pages in, it is revealed that the low offers are also being made with the stipulation that the OP will not pay any fees whatsoever (including no closing costs, and no dues, even if current year points are included). "Any counter that involves me paying any of those things will be rejected" means that the OP is not only offering low per-point offers, but is also being clear in their initial offer that they refuse to pay any fees or costs. That's a bit of a different story.
Ok so let me see if I’m understanding your reply, which I’ve misunderstood others so bear with me if I’m not comprehending.

Are you suggesting that terms of an offer now somehow separates one offer from another? Or somehow adding such terms further subjects a potential buyer to be labeled in a certain way? Or that such offers result in the buyer expecting to be treated differently than a full price offer. What is a different story? I don’t understand the suggestion.

What I’m hearing is that, if I make a value offer or an extreme value offer (which all mine are) I should expect to be discriminated against because I’m a tire kicker? I should expect to be treated in an illegal manner because my offer is significantly different than another?

Or that a broker can exempt themselves from doing what they’re paid to do, and legally required to do, because of personal bias or commission? If any of those are an accurate understanding, well then that’s just impossible to try to comprehend. You think how you choose, I’ll not waste my time explaining the basics of how wrong these actions are.

Yes I’m very clear on my terms, which I feel everyone should be, are you saying that’s misleading somehow? If you’re saying that’s unusual and likely to be rejected, I agree, but if you’re saying having terms subjects a potential buyer to be treated differently than another, that’s the whole different story and the entire point of this thread.

Obviously different people have different opinions as to what they feel is acceptable, not acceptable or insulting..perfect! Think whatever you like, but don’t attempt to insult or judge someone because their motivations and actions are different from yours.

In short, my offer amount or terms don’t matter, nor should they be compared to other buyers or offers. Unless the Seller Gives Specific Guidance on what they Will or Will Not Accept, the broker is legallly required to submit an offer to the seller. Not sure why this is so hard to comprehend. It’s literally their job.

I’ve spent enough of my time repeating the same response over & over & over & over, and others HAVE to be tired of me doing it as well. With that in mind, I’m going to thank everyone for their input and opinions and graciously decline commenting here further. I think my view as well as different opinions have been adequately posted & discussed & hope everyone does what they feel is best for them. Peace all!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter