GF 4 month window for non-home

a742246

And, and, and I caught a fish this big!
I noticed in the online reservations for GF that non-owners of GF have a 4 month window for booking instead of 7 months. Is that how it will be in the future?

The four month booking window for non-VGF owners is temporary. DVCNews.com has an article that explains the temporary booking windows for 2013. Click here to jump to the article.

The four month booking window for non-VGF owners is temporary. DVCNews.com has an article that explains the temporary booking windows for 2013. Click here to jump to the article.

Thank you.

Villas at Grand Floridian owners will have an 11-month home resort priority booking window and can start booking reservations as early as May 23. The resort is currently scheduled to open on Oct. 23, 2013.

All other Members may begin booking Villas at Grand Floridian reservations on June 23, 2013, according to a 4-month or 7-month window.

"A 4-month window will apply for reservations with arrival dates from Oct. 23, 2013, through and including Dec. 31, 2013.

"A 7-month window will apply for reservations with arrival dates from Jan. 1, 2014, and beyond.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48456277&postcount=26

Villas at Grand Floridian owners will have an 11-month home resort priority booking window and can start booking reservations as early as May 23. The resort is currently scheduled to open on Oct. 23, 2013.

All other Members may begin booking Villas at Grand Floridian reservations on June 23, 2013, according to a 4-month or 7-month window.

"A 4-month window will apply for reservations with arrival dates from Oct. 23, 2013, through and including Dec. 31, 2013.

"A 7-month window will apply for reservations with arrival dates from Jan. 1, 2014, and beyond.

We are not dvc members. When would we be able to book a cash room and have they posted the prices?

Is it me or does this make no sense? Or maybe it's because Jan/Feb are less popular DVC months? At June 1, the only VGF owners are existing DVC members who've added on. What's going to happen when they start selling fixed weeks or new buyer buy in July hoping to book in Feb for winter break?

Is it me or does this make no sense? Or maybe it's because Jan/Feb are less popular DVC months? At June 1, the only VGF owners are existing DVC members who've added on. What's going to happen when they start selling fixed weeks or new buyer buy in July hoping to book in Feb for winter break?

DVC gives owners a one month reservation priority over other other DVC members. In this case, those who are now purchasing at VGF could begin making reservations May 23. Other members may make reservations beginning June 23 (satisfying the 1 month priority).

Owners at VGF will have their full 11 month priority intact immediately, but did not have the usual 4 month advantage over other DVC members- thus the 4 month window for those members which basically limits reservations from 10/23 - 12/31 to only VGF owners to make up for their loss of the usual 4 month difference. This effectively adds additional time for VGF owners to enjoy a declining reservation advantage for those first 2 months the resort is open.

Regardless, all DVC members will have the ability to compete for the VGF inventory beginning June 23 using the usual 7 month window of opportunity for dates beyond January 1, 2014. Unless a DVC member owns at VGF he/she cannot make a reservation for early December until early August but could make a reservation for October 23 (opening day) on June 23. By August 31, 2013 the normal reservation opportunities will return to the usual status available at all DVC resorts. This is just a means to level the playing field so early VGF buyers an opportunity to make reservations at their resort during those first two months before available villas are open to reservations by other members.

Reservations using DVC points will be very limited for the first few months anyway since only a small % of villas have been declared into DVC inventory. As sales continue, additional villas will be added to that inventory. So reservation opportunities will continue to improve in due time. Cash reservations will be available thru DRC (and probably thru DVC). I have not seen any pricing and will guess that those reservations may also become available beginning June 23.

Stay Tuned! :)

Reservations using DVC points will be very limited for the first few months anyway since only a small % of villas have been declared into DVC inventory. As sales continue, additional villas will be added to that inventory. So reservation opportunities will continue to improve in due time. Cash reservations will be available thru DRC (and probably thru DVC). I have not seen any pricing and will guess that those reservations may also become available beginning June 23.

I believe DVD has already declared about 75 percent of the Villas at Grand Floridian for the DVC inventory. The VGF Master Declaration, which was recorded on April 1, 2013, essentially declared all six of the Grand Villas and 68 of the 94 two-bedroom vacation homes for the DVC inventory. There are only 26 two-bedroom vacation homes left undeclared at VGF.

In the past, DVD declared very little inventory when a resort was initially established. Then, as sales progressed, more inventory was declared. For example, when DVD released the Master Declarations for AKV and BLT, it only declared a tiny handful of vacation homes. For AKV, only three studios (Unit 41A) was declared. For BLT, only three two-bedroom vacation homes (Units 02A and 02B) were declared.

If I am correct that DVD has already declared about 75% of the VGF for the DVC inventory, then it must mean that DVD expects sales to be quite strong. I can't believe DVD expects to sell 75% of VGF within the next 6-9 months, but I guess anything is possible. Perhaps DVD has realized that it gains little by doing small incremental declarations?

Hi Everyone,

As a non-VGF owner who would like to book a studio Jan 1-Jan 4 2014, would I be eligible to try and book exactly at the 7-month date on June 1st or would I need to wait until June 23?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

As a non-VGF owner who would like to book a studio Jan 1-Jan 4 2014, would I be eligible to try and book exactly at the 7-month date on June 1st or would I need to wait until June 23?

Thanks!

Only VGF owners can book before June 23.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Only VGF owners can book before June 23.

So it means you'll have to wait until June 23, 2013 to book your January reservation at VGF. I would suggest that if you have a secondary resort you might want to book at the 7 month mark on June 1st go a head and book it and then try to switch to VGF on June 23rd.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

You will have to wait till September 1st to book for January 1st if you are a non VGF owner.

You will have to wait till September 1st to book for January 1st if you are a non VGF owner.

Now I'm confused. The DVC News article does say June 1st, even though that doesn't give the owners of VGF a one month advantage over non VGF owners. See the quote below. I'd call MS to be sure.

Edit: I'm back again. I went on to the DVC member website and it says non VGF owners have wait until June 23rd to book reservations January 1 and later.

Reservations with check-in dates beginning on or after January 1, 2014, will be available to be booked through the typical 7-month booking window starting June 23.

Here's the link to the member article: https://dvc.disney.go.com/members/destinations/vacation-club-resorts/grand-floridian

Now I'm confused. The DVC News article does say June 1st, even though that doesn't give the owners of VGF a one month advantage over non VGF owners. See the quote below. I'd call MS to be sure.

Edit: I'm back again. I went on to the DVC member website and it says non VGF owners have wait until June 23rd to book reservations January 1 and later.

Here's the link to the member article: https://dvc.disney.go.com/members/destinations/vacation-club-resorts/grand-floridian

I'm sorry denlo, you are right. 7 month window does apply for January 1st visits.

I believe DVD has already declared about 75 percent of the Villas at Grand Floridian for the DVC inventory. The VGF Master Declaration, which was recorded on April 1, 2013, essentially declared all six of the Grand Villas and 68 of the 94 two-bedroom vacation homes for the DVC inventory. There are only 26 two-bedroom vacation homes left undeclared at VGF.

In the past, DVD declared very little inventory when a resort was initially established. Then, as sales progressed, more inventory was declared. For example, when DVD released the Master Declarations for AKV and BLT, it only declared a tiny handful of vacation homes. For AKV, only three studios (Unit 41A) was declared. For BLT, only three two-bedroom vacation homes (Units 02A and 02B) were declared.

If I am correct that DVD has already declared about 75% of the VGF for the DVC inventory, then it must mean that DVD expects sales to be quite strong. I can't believe DVD expects to sell 75% of VGF within the next 6-9 months, but I guess anything is possible. Perhaps DVD has realized that it gains little by doing small incremental declarations?

That is certainly a deviation from how most resorts have been declared in the past and likely means that there will be a lot of availability for non-VGF DVC members for point reservations. In this case, I would think that DVD will lose some potential cash reservations during these first few months but maybe they want the resort to be filled with DVC members from a potential sales standpoint.

Thanks for the details, Will.

I would not be surprised as I was told by a very reliable source at DVC they had a very long list of buyers waiting to buy that are new to DVC and have been waiting for a DVC there.

So we will see.

If someone is a VGF owner, can they use their non VGF points earlier (because they are an owner) or are those points limited to 4 months? I'd think it would follow the traditional pattern and be limited but it doesn't say specifically. Or maybe I missed it.

If someone is a VGF owner, can they use their non VGF points earlier (because they are an owner) or are those points limited to 4 months? I'd think it would follow the traditional pattern and be limited but it doesn't say specifically. Or maybe I missed it.
Home resort priority is always attached to the points, not the owner.

Prior to 6/23/13, only VGF points can be used to book VGF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter