GF DVC - transportation - How is it?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort - how long a walk to the mono-rail or boat to MK?

How is the transportation to the parks?

Bus from the DVC to the main GF building?

Bus from the The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort to the Parks?

Please tell
Thank you :goodvibes

The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort - how long a walk to the mono-rail or boat to MK?

Please tell
Thank you

Good

DVC is connected to the main building... Everything at the resort is in walking distance.

For Magic best to take monorail. Going to Epcot I would take the monorail. For Animal and the water parks bus service is generally good, but can take sometime.

Please tell
Thank you

Have put a answers next yo your Q's.

The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort - how long a walk to the mono-rail or boat to MK? Depends on the speed of your walking and assuming this from the elevator since the walk from any individual villa may vary. The monorail is maybe 1/2 a mile to the actual enterance (this includes going up the stairs in the main building). The boat is possible 3/4 of a mile away.

How is the transportation to the parks?Transportation to MK is usually wonderful- the monorail is normally faster to get there and the boat faster to get back. DHS and AK take a bus and share that bus with other resorts most of the day. I give myself 30 minutes plus 15 minutes time when catching a bus and normally arrive before that 45 minutes is over. For Epcot you have to take the monorail (or walk through the Poly) to the TTC and then use the Epcot monorail. It also normally takes less 45 minutes to arrive at that park and a little less time to arrive back from it.

Bus from the DVC to the main GF building?This doesn't exist you walk the 1500 feet under a covered walkway.

Bus from the The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort to the Parks? You have to go down to the main building for all buses none of them come directly to the Villas.

Please tell
Thank you :goodvibes

We are satisfied with the transportation but it as anywhere is up to your expectations.

Transportation was our biggest (and really only) problem with VGF, especially when going to EPCOT. First, you have to take the resort monorail, which can be very crowded because it's already stopped at the Contemporary and the Poly. Then, it's three stops to the TTC. Once there, you have to walk all the way down one ramp, around the front monorail entrance, and back up another ramp to get to the EPCOT monorail. So lots of walking, waiting, and a transfer, and time consuming to boot. Why they couldn't have designed it so that hotel guests could somehow walk across the platform rather than down and up is beyond me. One of the biggest reasons I'm very interested in Poly DVC is the ability to just walk to the TTC to get the monorail to EPCOT (I realize you can do that from VGF but an EPCOT day is already more than enough walking as it is).

When I arrived at VGF mid afternoon on May 18, I went to Epcot first. It took almost an hour. I just missed both monorails and then after the Epcot monorail came we sat for awhile at the TTC. I don't know if it was because it was off peak time.

People complain about the long hallways at BWV but I think it's just as long from VGF to the monorail and bus stop. For the monorail, you have to go through the lobby to get upstairs to get to the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter