GF garden view or Contemp Tower?

Gillian

DIS Veteran
Friends of ours are trying to choose between GF garden view or CR tower for next August. They are 2 adults and 2 kids, 6 & 3. The rates are almost the same. My friend wants the Contemp, but her travel agent says she'd be crazy to choose it over the GF. Their agent also said the CR is run down & she doesn't reccommend it to people. What do the experts here think? :teeth:

Also, they are rather casual people & they don't care much about the room style. A balcony & MK location are the most important things to them.

I hope you can help! thank you :)

If a balcony and Mk are most inportant,than I would definatly vote for CR Tower.We have stayed there MANY times and LOVE it!
We always request a MK view and leave the curtains open at night with the glow of Cinderella Castle as our night light.
Oh! and the fireworks!!! You can sit right on your balcony and have a PERFECT unspoiled view . Whenever you get ready to hit the park,you don't even have to walk outside,the monerail is just an elevator ride away.And don't forget Chef Mickey's!!!
We have stayed at the GF too,and it's very beautiful, as a matter of fact we're staying in a GV room there for a few days during our upcoming trip just for the Christmas atmosphere.
For room view and convience though I'd say the CR wins in our book.

thanks :) Did you think the CR rooms were run down? I thought they were new(ish) but I've also read about some problems in the wing rooms.

We always stay in the Tower,and they never seemed run down to us.I have heard that about the Wing rooms being in bad need of a face lift.I'm not sure but it seems like I remember reading something about Disney doing some refurbishing of all the rooms.I don't know if they already have,or this is something that is planned.
One other note about the CR, on our last trip there,our 2-year old woke up sick in the middle of the night.He felt extremly hot,and dumb me,packed EVERYTHING but the thermometer.We called the front desk to see if they had one.They didn't,but said for us to stay right there,and they would get us one.They sent a CM to open the gift shop and bring us one at 2am,and then would'nt even let us pay for it.After we took his temp. we decided he needed to see a doctor,and the Front Deck arranged for Centa Care to come right to our room.Our son got to stay in the bed,and the doctor came to us.He even had the perscription we needed.(Ear infection by the way) We were supposed to check out the next day by 11:00am, but knowing our son was feeling bad,they called and told us to say in our room as long as we needed! Now that's Disney Service!!!

If balcony and MK are important I would go with the Contemporary Tower. We have stayed in the CR Tower the past 3 vacations. We have always requested and received MK view which is amazing at night. The children will love to watch the castle change colors at night. The rooms were in great shape and very bright. Also, you can walk to the MK which is very nice in the morning and you are the first drop off on the monorail loop leaving MK. I hope this helps.

Another one for CR Tower....we did it last year and LOVED IT!! we had a MK view on the Tower Club floor, now we are spoiled!!

This is a bit tough for me. These are my two favorite resorts. We stayed at the GF last December and I LOVED it!! We were upgraded to a lagoon view from a garden view. It was magical. I'd stay again if I could afford it!!

We've only stayed at the CR North Wing and liked it a lot but the room decor at GF is nicer. This year, we trying CR Tower and I'm very excited! Hoping to get a MK view.

They are both close to MK with possible views of it. CR has the walkway to MK. GF has the beautiful decor.

I think your kids will like both very much but just maybe the CR a little more because of the monorail going through it. You would probably like the GF's room better.

I think the new pool at the GF is better than the old ones at CR.

I think CR's game room is much better than the GF's.

I'd be happy with either, I can't choose for you!

Good luck!

Well, I can tell you that I stayed at the CR Tower eight months ago, and it was not rundown. I really enjoyed my stay there, and if that is the hotel your friend wants, tell them to go for it!!! I actually had problems at the GF on my stay last month with the room being rundown - have them tell their TA that! ;)

Cali, I remember reading you room report. It's hard to trust travel agents sometimes when we know more than they do :) This TA may have lost some business because she didn't want to get a room only quote. I guess it's more profitable to sell a package, but selling room only is better than selling nothing, which is what's going to happen!

I vote for the CR tower also. It is Disney magic! The GF is nice, but I have to say we were somewhat disappointed over there. The CR tower does have great views (which you won't have with GF garden), the monorail running through is so exciting for kids, and of course location location location!!!

Tower definitely! Nothing beats laying in bed, watching the castle change colors. I don't think we ever closed the curtains at night, the view was just incredible. We were there in Feb of 2001 and the rooms were perfect, looked to be freshly rehabbed. HUGE bathroom too
Maybe it is just me, but the GF seems too...stuffy. Formal, uptight, not relaxing.

Beth

CR Tower! Hands down! Breath taking view, and a gorgegous, fun, large room! I only wished they had availablity and an ap rate when we are going :( MKY

We have not stayed in the GF, but love the CR tower. We have stayed in the tower twice, the north garden wing once, an AKL deluxe Savannah and a Wilderness home. I would probably go with the CR tower out of all of those. That being said, I walked the grounds at GF and we had our anniversary dinner at V&A and now I'd like to try GF next time. (We're talking 4-5 years from now.) But, by then, my kids will be 15,13 and 10. With them little, I would definitely vote for CR. They'll be right there with Chef Mickeys which many people like, and they can also be first on the monorail in the am and the odds are better for getting to sit up front. My kids think having the monorail go through their hotel is the greatest and they prefered it to the AKL.

I'm actually spending 4nts GF garden view and then 3nts Contemporary Tower room in October to try both. Can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter