GF Photoshoot--Anyone done one lately?

BurleyGirl

DIS Veteran
Am trying to decide if I want to do this for our upcoming stay. Now that the price has increased $25, am not sure about it, plus deciding what to wear and whether or not to take the time out of the day to get everyone "looking good." Just wondering if anyone's done it lately and if they have pictures and/or experiences they would share?

we did it while we were there and really loved it. We got some great photos and we can use quite a few for Christmas cards. I do think it is worth it!

We did it in May and I didn't like most of the pictures we got. But I really think it depends on the photographer. Ours rushed us through the entire session and I think we got maybe 5 good shots. At least we only paid $25 for it. But I really think it depends on the photographer so hopefully you get a good one.

Don't know if you listen to the Dis Unplugged podcast, but the September 10 show includes a review of the GF photo shoot submitted by a Disser. Worth a listen if you haven't listened to the podcast.

Go here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/listen.htm

Click on "9/10/08 - Discussion" and you can listen on your computer. The little tool that opens up allows you to fast forward by clicking along the "loading progress" line. The review starts at about the 26 minute mark (the scrolling title tells you how far along you are in the show).

We did this on Sept 5. I do not have my photo pass cd yet but the pictures look good online. We paid only $25 because I had prepaid for the photopass cd. Another family that we went to disney with also did the shoot. We did not feel rushed and the photographer gave good instructions. For both sets of us we got over 300 pictures. My 15 month old was difficult to work with. She didn't want to stay still and had a melt down in the middle. I was 99% pleased with the experience. I have only two complaints, one it was DEADLY HOT and she took us outside for most of the shoot. The baby seemed to do much worse in the heat. Second I didn't like many of the enhancements we could use on the photopass website for the shoot. I can post pics when my cd comes.

We had a GF photoshoot in late August. We were very pleased with our session photos. I would have liked more outside shots but it was very close to raining for the few pictures were outside for. (It started raining - make that pouring - while we were getting ready to make the walk over to the Poly. Thankfully we went back inside and rode the monorail. We would have been soaked had we kept walking.)

I don't have the CD yet but the pictures look wonderful on the computer.

I wasn't sure what to wear either. In fact it was a sort of a struggle for us to come to a decision. We'd decide on one color only to have to change to something else because we couldn't get it in everyone's size (namely DS). In the end we decided to go with a bright pink shirt for DD and I and navy shirts for DS and DH. We all wore khaki shorts. It was a wonderful color as the flowers in the background are almost the same color as DD and my shirts. With the white in the background the colors just pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter