GF to AK for rope drop

KEVS55

Earning My Ears
Staying at GF early February with early access to AK at 7:30 AM. What is the best way to get on the rope that morning? What time would the first bus leave from GF and does it go directly there? Is there a better way to go?

The best way to rope drop is to arrive at your resort transpiration (bus if GF to AK) 90 mins before Early Theme Park (ETPE) hours begin. With a 7:30 start you’ll want to vale at your bus is 6AM.

Sounds early but there’s an entire thread on the Theme Parks board and the 90 mins is key.

Thank you for the info! Getting to AK 90 minutes before ETPE makes so much sense. However, looking at the link you sent (sooooo helpful!) confirms an aspect that really confuses me – if the bus won’t even be at GF until 60 minutes before ETPE, and it’s apprx. 25 min to AK, then I’m only at AK 30 min before ETPE. and AK actually starts letting resort guests in 60 min before ETPE. So using the bus transportation means we will miss entering the park 60 minutes early to get to the rope. Is there anyway around this? I know Ubers are not allowed in before parking opens but maybe that would still be faster. Thoughts?

Thank you for the info! Getting to AK 90 minutes before ETPE makes so much sense. However, looking at the link you sent (sooooo helpful!) confirms an aspect that really confuses me – if the bus won’t even be at GF until 60 minutes before ETPE, and it’s apprx. 25 min to AK, then I’m only at AK 30 min before ETPE. and AK actually starts letting resort guests in 60 min before ETPE. So using the bus transportation means we will miss entering the park 60 minutes early to get to the rope. Is there anyway around this? I know Ubers are not allowed in before parking opens but maybe that would still be faster. Thoughts?
Disney buses is your best chance...also they say 60 mins.(Disney "says" a lot of things) but it could be and often is before that. - I also think 25 mins. is a high estimate for travel time. Like the pp stated if your at GF bus stop 90 mins prior you'll have a good chance of being of the first many ppl. at security etc.

Disney buses is your best chance...also they say 60 mins.(Disney "says" a lot of things) but it could be and often is before that. - I also think 25 mins. is a high estimate for travel time. Like the pp stated if your at GF bus stop 90 mins prior you'll have a good chance of being of the first many ppl. at security etc.
So appreciate your response. Good to know. have a magical day:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter