GF villa model?

Yes and after VGF opens, my guess is there will be a model 2 bedroom lock-off and Guides at the resort.

:earsboy: Bill

Are the models at the GF or at the Saratoga Springs preview center?

Yes, I just went over there to see them this morning. Unfortunately, they no longer supply transportation to current members togo over there to see them unless you're considering buying and want to do the formal tour thing with a guide. Since I didn't I took buses. You're still shown by a CM, I was with another couple. I thought they were really attractive, took lots of photos, but all the DVC guides I've spoken with this week about GF say that once they're all sold, it will be statistically impossible for non-owners to get a reservation there. Don't know if that's true-we'll see!

Thank you for the replies and both of you said yes but yes to which one?
Are the models at the GF directly or do I need to go to the SSR preview center?

I will have a car so it won't matter just want to know where to show up

.......it will be statistically impossible for non-owners to get a reservation there. Don't know if that's true-we'll see!

That should only happen if every VGF owner never used their points for anything else and always booked in the home resort priority period or if DVC has decided they'll control the inventory to a point it all goes to CRO if there is any to trade.

Yes, I just went over there to see them this morning. Unfortunately, they no longer supply transportation to current members togo over there to see them unless you're considering buying and want to do the formal tour thing with a guide. Since I didn't I took buses. You're still shown by a CM, I was with another couple. I thought they were really attractive, took lots of photos, but all the DVC guides I've spoken with this week about GF say that once they're all sold, it will be statistically impossible for non-owners to get a reservation there. Don't know if that's true-we'll see!

That's why the word "statistically." If they said it would actually be impossible, they would be telling you an, ahem, "un-truth."

Statistically, it's impossible for you to book ANY fully sold resort where you don't own, because the members there could theoretically book every available room before the seven month window, year round. But of course reality isn't statistics, so you can get into the majority of the resorts, for the majority of the year, at seven months.

DVC salespeople ("guides") don't get paid to tell you that if you buy at a classic resort resale, there's a decent chance to book the shiny new property, at least at off-peak times.

Now many DIS posters, myself included, think that a higher percentage of VGF owners will use their points "at home" than do the owners at the other WDW resorts. And this will make it more challenging at seven months.

But I'd go as far as saying it wouldn't be impossible to book there even if it was the ONLY DVC resort available at WDW.

Why? Because that theoretical assertion has already been tested- by VGC. And thousands of us have enjoyed great VGC vacations utilizing our Florida points...

I'm a big fan of the concept often posted here to "buy where you love to stay." But remember that the DVC salesperson is telling you what he/she can get away with saying, to try to close a deal- and that such statements doesn't necessarily reflect reality.

I'm sure they ran that "statistically impossible" pitch by legal before using it- and literally interpreted, as above, it's true...but I anticipate enjoying many future VGF vacations, without buying a single point at $150. As a matter of fact, my first week there starts on New Year's Day, using my $55 resale points.

If I wanted to be truly certain of booking my future stays there, I'd spend the big bucks for an add-on. But I'll take my chances, and often stay next door to someone whose points cost almost triple...

We toured GF a few weeks ago. They are lovely so of course we want to stay there. I just booked a one bedroom standard view for our 20th anniversary in April. Maybe it was easy because we are only staying two nights. :flower3:

We toured GF a few weeks ago. They are lovely so of course we want to stay there. I just booked a one bedroom standard view for our 20th anniversary in April. Maybe it was easy because we are only staying two nights. :flower3:

We are going the 30/11/14 and would love to do 2 nights somewhere in our 14 night stay.
Not seen any pictures or videos of the rooms yet but im sure they are stunning.

Just went and took the tour of the VGF today and they are absolutely amazing, definitely the best DVC rooms out there in terms of finishings and fixtures. After seeing the models my daughter said we really need to stay there and I'm in agreement with her.

Very envious of all the VGF owners, I think you guys have a real deluxe DVC.

That's why the word "statistically." If they said it would actually be impossible, they would be telling you an, ahem, "un-truth."

Statistically, it's impossible for you to book ANY fully sold resort where you don't own, because the members there could theoretically book every available room before the seven month window, year round. But of course reality isn't statistics, so you can get into the majority of the resorts, for the majority of the year, at seven months.

BINGO!

Still very shady, and misleading someone who does not know better. Very sleezy.

Remember, VGF is 75% declared and only in the neighborhood of 20% sold.

STATISTICALLY there will be a lot of availability at the 7 month window...for now

Just a note-when I was there the other day, someone asked about parking. Apparently, the only parking lot is over at the GF, and the members wanted to know whether guests would get free valet parking at the GF. If not, that's an awfully long hike to regular parking! The CM said that that hadn't been decided yet. Just something to be aware of.

Just a note-when I was there the other day, someone asked about parking. Apparently, the only parking lot is over at the GF, and the members wanted to know whether guests would get free valet parking at the GF. If not, that's an awfully long hike to regular parking! The CM said that that hadn't been decided yet. Just something to be aware of.

This seems to be contrary to the plans submitted by Disney for the Villas at Grand Floridian. The plans show a parking lot for the Villas just outside the front of the resort. The parking lot will be adjacent to the GF Spa.

Here is a page from the plans submitted by Disney to the South Florida Water Management District:

VGFParking_zps62e8056c.jpg

I reread your post and I might have misunderstood the issue you were raising. If the question was whether valet parking was going to be offered at VGF, then I can understand why the CMs would say that has not yet been decided. VGF may have a similar setup as we see at BLT: Valet parking is not offered at BLT itself; BLT guests who want valet parking have to go over to the Contemporary Resort to get valet service.

STATISTICALLY there will be a lot of availability at the 7 month window...for now

I would not count on that... Historically, any room not accounted for after a period of time goes into CRO. Plus you really wonder if those rooms that are not owned are actually available for use with points. Since they are still owned by Disney maybe they are only available for CRO reservations. So that means you really only have access to 20% of the resort...or what ever percentage that has been sold... With VGF being such a small resort i suspect 7mo reservations on points will be very difficult. If you try to get a 7mo reservation at BLT you may get it during an off peak times but you definitely will not at peak. Disney is allowing you to buy contracts as small as 25 points... That will make it even harder to get in at 7mo...

That's interesting. Apparently, no one knew that there was any parking near the GF Villas. The CM probably should have known, although we didn't. But the availability of valet parking, at least, is still unknown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter