Gideon’s Bakehouse

Yep, always a line. However, with the use of the virtual queue, it is not horrible. Just go up and get your name on the list when you get to DS, and then go do whatever else you are wanting to do there until you get the notice to head back.

Do they close the virtual queue well in advance of closing? If I'm in the virtual queue by 7PM do you think I would still get in if it closes at 10??

Is there always a line at Gideon’s?
If you are in the VQ close which is either 6 or 7 I would think yes, you'd be in before close but I'm sure it's not 100% given some days are more chaotic than others. I've never tried that close to the VQ closing. If you have a car, you can pre-order cookies from the co-op location and go pick them up. That's what we did on our last trip, just order the day prior.

We checked one time at 6:30 PM and was told they were not accepting any more people. I tried another day at 12 and the line was already 4 hours long. I tried again when the parked open and there were people running to Gideon's and the wait was 2 hours when I get there.

Go to Winter Park and the Gideons there. Been there twice, the second time, a minimal line.

Only trade off is there's no coffee cake cookie there. :(

Get the Peanut Butter coffee!! I'm day dreaming about that coffee now at home just reading Gideon's!

On a very rainy Tuesday night our VQ wait was estimated at 40 and was actually 29 (have texts still). The wait outside in the rain was probably another 20 minutes and not terribly pleasant. Cookies were very good though. I think I still prefer a Ghiradelli sundae, but at least you can bring the cookies home.

Is there always a line at Gideon’s?
When we were there a few weeks ago, the wait was over 2 hrs in virtual queue so we didn’t get “called” until we were already headed back to resort with desserts from another bakery. Definitely plan for 2-3 hr virtual queue

We kept walking by Gideon's because the line was so long. I think it was a Monday we noticed the line was super short and the line managers were just standing around so we walked up. They said that no one was answering their text. My guess is it was right around lunch so people were places they couldn't jump up. He left me join the line. There were 3 people ahead of me and I waited like 10 minutes.

The coffee cake cookies tasted great but it was so sweet I could literally only eat a quarter of it or I was in heartburn agony. After the coffee cake cookie we took the rest home and I cut up the remaining two cookies for desert on Mothers day to split between 5 adults and 2 kids.

If able go to the Winter Park location we went middle of the day ZERO wait walked in and walked out with cookies that took us three days to eat, they are huge and yummy.

I just "rope dropped" the line 2 days ago at 9 am for the 10:00 opening. We were out of there by 10:30 am. Not bad as we talked to people in line. I'll do it again too! 😋

Last week we got there at 9:30 to rope drop and even though it was super hot out I would def recommend doing that. The line wasn't too terribly long and we waited about an hour!

Last week we got there at 9:30 to rope drop and even though it was super hot out I would def recommend doing that. The line wasn't too terribly long and we waited about an hour!

I just "rope dropped" the line 2 days ago at 9 am for the 10:00 opening. We were out of there by 10:30 am. Not bad as we talked to people in line. I'll do it again too! 😋

Can I ask how you got there? I will be taking Uber/lyft and I’m hoping to get in line before the virtual queue starts. It’s my departure day so I’m crunched for time! My plan was to get dropped off before the parking garages open.

Can I ask how you got there? I will be taking Uber/lyft and I’m hoping to get in line before the virtual queue starts. It’s my departure day so I’m crunched for time! My plan was to get dropped off before the parking garages open.
I was staying at Saratoga Springs so I just walked there!

Following. I'd love to try this place.

We'll be in Disney Springs for dinner, mid-august on a Tuesday. Our flight lands at 3pm and we're taking DME, so hoping to be at resort (POP) by 5pm, barring extra delays. If we drop off our bags and then get on the shuttle to DS, do we have a shot at the virtual line?

Serious question...is their stuff really that good To demand such a line or is it just hype and people wanting to take pictures of their treats? I’ve never been to one and would be interested to try, but it seems so hyped that it seems like it would be disappointing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter