Gideons Cake flavor debate

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
Needing votes on which cake we should get for our elopement cake.
We our first choice is the original red velvet, but only if they can do it without walnuts.
So we are coming up with a backup.
Either the salted caramel or key lime.
Has anyone tried either of these before and can let me know what you think and which one is better?

Needing votes on which cake we should get for our elopement cake.
We our first choice is the original red velvet, but only if they can do it without walnuts.
So we are coming up with a backup.
Either the salted caramel or key lime.
Has anyone tried either of these before and can let me know what you think and which one is better?

We haven't tried any of those specific flavors, but what about "Valentina's Cake" as a backup? The base is the original red velvet cake but has no walnuts....

(That being said, as much as I enjoy Gideon's, I'm a little horrified at the idea of a vanilla red velvet cake!)

(I also know this isn't what you asked but the Key Lime Pie Cake looks a bit more elopement-y [inasmuch as anything does!] and has more of a "Florida" vibe to it if you aren't from there and wanted to incorporate that sort of thing as well)

Not familiar with their other flavors, but I find 'Red Velvet' is nothing more then chocolate cake with a ton or red food coloring. While the color is appealing, it really has no special taste to brag about. Some red coloring can also impart an odd taste to the cake when using a lot of it. I would pick some other flavor.

Not familiar with their other flavors, but I find 'Red Velvet' is nothing more then chocolate cake with a ton or red food coloring. While the color is appealing, it really has no special taste to brag about. Some red coloring can also impart an odd taste to the cake when using a lot of it. I would pick some other flavor.

Red Velvet cake is in fact a chocolate cake, though it tends to a little lighter and smoother, and in best cases just a tad less sweet due using buttermilk and vinegar - it is subtle though and it wouldn't surpirse me if many places sell a "Red Velvet" cake that is just chocolate plus food coloring.

I love their Key Lime cake!! That and their PBJ cake fight for first in my personal rankings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter