Gift Cards

coldneverbotheredmee

Earning My Ears
Do universal gift cards work property wide?

• On merch in the parks?
  • on food in the parks?
  • on drinks in the parks?
  • on food in citywalk?
  • on drinks in citywalk?
  • at stores in hotels?
  • at restaurants in hotels?
  • at bars in hotels?
  • at hotel pools for food?
  • at hotel pools for drinks?

i have read some things, but real life experiences would be helpful :) I don't want to get stuck with money on a giftcard that i can't use

Do universal gift cards work property wide?

• On merch in the parks?
  • on food in the parks?
  • on drinks in the parks?
  • on food in citywalk?
  • on drinks in citywalk?
  • at stores in hotels?
  • at restaurants in hotels?
  • at bars in hotels?
  • at hotel pools for food?
  • at hotel pools for drinks?

i have read some things, but real life experiences would be helpful :) I don't want to get stuck with money on a giftcard that i can't use

I have never been turned down and I have used it at Cabana Bay, all kinds of places food and merch in the parks, several resturants in Citywalk including BigFire, VooDoo, Margaritaville. I have used it to re-activate my park refillable cup. I like to get or charge gift cards because I can control how much I spend and keep an eye on it. The only time I cannot use it is for mobile ordering. I usually mobile order at VooDoo Donuts because I like to just pick them up and at restaurants where they were encouraging mobile ordering I have told them I have a gift card and they let me order at a register.

I have never been turned down and I have used it at Cabana Bay, all kinds of places food and merch in the parks, several resturants in Citywalk including BigFire, VooDoo, Margaritaville. I have used it to re-activate my park refillable cup. I like to get or charge gift cards because I can control how much I spend and keep an eye on it. The only time I cannot use it is for mobile ordering. I usually mobile order at VooDoo Donuts because I like to just pick them up and at restaurants where they were encouraging mobile ordering I have told them I have a gift card and they let me order at a register.
This is why I want to use the gift cards, to control my spending as well, LOL. Sounds like it will work just great. thank you!

I used a gift card in the past to pay for a hotel room at cabana bay. I have also used it for Merch and food no problems at all

We've used them to pay for the hotel balance (deposit was on a credit card, we didn't try to have the gift cards replace that), food in the parks, and food in City Walk.

If you have a Target Red Card, you can buy gift cards at Target and get a 5% discount.

I have to say, not accepting gift cards for mobile order sounds like a major fail. Universal IT needs to get on that.

On another note--does anyone have a rough idea of how long it takes for Universal to ship orders for gift cards placed on their website? Anyone done this recently? I saw only a vague reference to expedited shipping in the FAQ without any mention of how long regular shipping takes.

I have to say, not accepting gift cards for mobile order sounds like a major fail. Universal IT needs to get on that.

On another note--does anyone have a rough idea of how long it takes for Universal to ship orders for gift cards placed on their website? Anyone done this recently? I saw only a vague reference to expedited shipping in the FAQ without any mention of how long regular shipping takes.
It has been a year or two since I have ordered them online but every time I have ordered them I have received them in the mail about 2 weeks later.

If you have a Giant Eagle nearby, they sell Universal gift cards. They might even be able to be purchased online as well.

One quick note, I bought a Universal Merchandise Card and found out it is limited to where it can be used now than the standard gift cards.

Reactions: AJA
As the above poster said, don’t get regular gift cards confused with merchandise only gift cards (the one you can buy and get a free wand) they are not the same. Merchandise only gift cards will not work at restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter