Gifting memberships to immediate family members

It's bittersweet to see this thread bumped as I had forgotten about it. I posted here in August after my stepfather passed away, to help my mother who was co-owner of the contract as she wanted to upgrade me from associate on her contract to co-owner. We had advice, and were working out all the details of his estate with so many things to have to change over (bills, properties, accounts, etc), so she hadn't gotten around to the DVC notification when she suffered an aneurysm in October, and passed away herself on Nov 17.

Now I'm dealing with transferring so many things over to my name as the sole heir, and just got the probate filing started - it'll be a long while before it's settled - the DVC contract is included in the probate filing, so I'll be able to get a valuation maybe in a month or so once I have letters of testamentary as executor of the estate, but the ownership transfer will have to wait for probate to clear. Member Services was helpful in providing a list of what to do, where to file, etc...along with all the information in this thread. So definitely thank you to all - I wish I wasn't having to deal with this, as I'd rather have both of my parents around, but at least all the advice is helping make it easier to deal with.
So sorry for your loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter