Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

Monday, November 29, 2021-Let's take a trip around the world

I left off with us taking the Skyliner to our next destination. If you guessed Epcot to find Danielle like @luvpoohandcompany did you would be right. Dennis had never seen Danielle in her work environment. She was doing a shift as a stocker around a certain area of World Showcase.

When we arrived in Epcot we popped into France so we could look around a little. Dennis wanted to get a first look at where Ratatouille was. I wanted to see some of the Christmas decorations.
1713401000223.png
1713401022612.png

1713401046209.png

As you can see the area was very crowded. Ratatouille was the newest Epcot attraction at the time. We didn't stay here long. I was glad to see it in the daylight. When we came for the CM previews it was dark.

We left France and started to make our way to The Land. We saw a jolly Pooh on our way. Some more social distant character interaction.

1713401210116.png

We rode Soarin' and then hopped into the line for Living with the Land. It had gotten dark outside while we were in line for Soarin'. I was excited to see it lit up for Christmas. Take a look at the line with the plexiglass to separate it. Another blast from the past.

1713401358483.png

Living with the Land did not disappoint. I think we actually had the front of the boat.

1713401443623.png

1713401488297.png

1713401559200.png

1713401587380.png

We were ready to enter World Showcase and to get some food.
1713401723813.png

Continued in next post.

Last edited:
We entered WS and went right. We stopped for some food in a new to us place at the time. Dinner was from Regal Eagle. We shared the Brisket Sandwich with baked beans. We added a side of cole slaw, some onion rings and watermelon. I also pulled out the Red Velvet Holiday Whoopie Pie I had purchased before we left Studios. We must have been pretty hungry because this is the only photo I got of the food.
1713402407704.png
I did get a photo of my Whoopie Pie.
1713402443585.png
We had been texting with Danielle and she was due a break and was fairly close. We make our way to Germany to meet up.
1713402510133.png

We lucked out and got to see Mikayla too. She was working merchandise in Germany and had her break at the same time as Danielle. Mikayla was one of Danielle's original room mates from her first program. They ended up living together when they graduated from their programs for a year with 2 other CMs. Mikayla is still in Disney too. I think she's working Merch in the Grand Floridian now. She is just the cutest.
1713402687342.png
We visited for a bit and then made a rather large purchase in Karamell-Kuche. We got the Caramel Apple Oatmeal cookie, Caramel Pecan Cluster (my favorite), Caramel Butter Bar, Caramel popcorn and a Coke. The best part of the shop is that I was able to use my AP discount. We took these treats back to the room and snacked on them for the rest of our stay. I'm pretty sure we didn't eat them all. Sorry I did not get photos.

We were ready to go so we headed to the front of the park. We would be spending more time in Epcot later in the week. We passed the Tree all lit up and the Ball. Both were lovely.

1713403280775.png
1713403300045.png
1713403319070.png
1713403338596.png

Up next is our Rest Day.

Take a look at the line with the plexiglass to separate it. Another blast from the past.
I wouldn’t mind if they had kept that up!
Caramel Butter Bar,
Yum!! I had brought ours home and froze it. I just had the last piece yesterday 😭 That was my favorite item at Karamell-Kuche.

Sounds like a fun evening and awesome you got to visit on your daughter’s break!

Living with the Land looks so different at night! There are several attractions I love to ride at night (BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, Peoplemover, Tower of Terror), but I’ve never thought about LWTL. Perhaps I should!

I’ve heard such wonderful things about Regal Eagle - it was one of the Epcot QS restaurants I recommended to my SIL who will arrive at Disney World this Saturday. Karamell-Kuche is always delicious! (I recommended that one for great snacks, especially the caramel corn!)

I’m glad you had a chance to see both Danielle and her friend.

I believe your trip is coming up soon (this weekend?), so I hope you have a fabulous time! Enjoy saying hello to Alicia if you happen to cross paths! :goodvibes

If you guessed Epcot
Shoot. I was soooo close!
Dennis had never seen Danielle in her work environment.
I’ve never seen anyone that works at WDW that I know. Maybe that’ll change someday and I’ll see Danielle.
As you can see the area was very crowded. Ratatouille was the newest Epcot attraction at the time.
Explains why.
Some more social distant character interaction.
That seems so surreal now.
Take a look at the line with the plexiglass to separate it. Another blast from the past.
That sure looks odd.
Living with the Land did not disappoint.
It looks so different at night. I had no idea.
Dinner was from Regal Eagle. We shared the Brisket Sandwich with baked beans. We added a side of cole slaw, some onion rings and watermelon.
Don’t think I know it? Sounds good. Was it?
We lucked out and got to see Mikayla too. She was working merchandise in Germany and had her break at the same time as Danielle.
Good timing. :)
1713402687342.png
Nice shot of the two of them.

made a rather large purchase in Karamell-Kuche.
Hard not to!!
We passed the Tree all lit up and the Ball. Both were lovely.
Really nice shots of SE.

I am so glad that is the past! Do not miss 2020/22 1 bit!
Living with the Land did not disappoint. I think we actually had the front of the boat.
Love it!
We were ready to enter World Showcase and to get some food.
My 2 favourite things- WS and food 🥰😋😂
We must have been pretty hungry because this is the only photo I got of the food.
:rotfl:
I did get a photo of my Whoopie
I tried to make these once years ago but never having tasted a proper one I’m not sure I did them justice. Still a tasty first effort. Must buy one next time I’m in HS to see if I was close lol
did get a photo of my Whoopie Pie.
no idea why the above is quoted twice and no clue how to remove it :confused3:rotfl2:
We make our way to Germany to meet up.
So good you got to meet up with the girls. I’m sure it made their shift more enjoyable. Great that they’ve remained such close friends.

Epcot looks beautiful decked out for Christmas. The tree is gorgeous and I love the lights on SE.

Last edited:

I forgive you for not going to Bar Riva :rotfl: It looks like a fun evening in Epcot! Ilove LWTL all Christmas 🎄 like!
I am due for a School Bread. I love cardamom and this snack reminds me of a pastry my grandma use to make for me! She also made the best cardamom bread. I have ever had!
Andi and I were there in early December 21 and had our first ride on Remy!

Yum!! I had brought ours home and froze it. I just had the last piece yesterday 😭 That was my favorite item at Karamell-Kuche.

Sounds like its time to go back for more.

Living with the Land looks so different at night!

It was lit up for the Christmas overlay. I'm trying to remember if it looks different at night without the overlay.

There are several attractions I love to ride at night (BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, Peoplemover, Tower of Terror), but I’ve never thought about LWTL. Perhaps I should!

Yes, these are all better at night.

I’ve heard such wonderful things about Regal Eagle - it was one of the Epcot QS restaurants I recommended to my SIL who will arrive at Disney World this Saturday.

I wonder if we'll cross paths.

I’m glad you had a chance to see both Danielle and her friend.

It was a nice visit.

I believe your trip is coming up soon (this weekend?), so I hope you have a fabulous time! Enjoy saying hello to Alicia if you happen to cross paths! :goodvibes

We actually fly out tonight. . . hopefully.
I have a chance to see Alicia on Friday or Saturday based on our park plans.

Shoot. I was soooo close!

Keep telling yourself that.
:rolleyes:
I’ve never seen anyone that works at WDW that I know. Maybe that’ll change someday and I’ll see Danielle.

Before Danielle we would sometimes see Michelle's best friend from college and now, we see Danielle and several of her friends.

It looks so different at night. I had no idea.

The Christmas overlay at night is fabulous!

Don’t think I know it? Sounds good. Was it?

I'll have to ask Dennis. I had the coleslaw and watermelon. He devoured the rest.

Nice shot of the two of them.

I think so too.

Really nice shots of SE.

Thank you!!!

I am so glad that is the past! Do not miss 2020/22 1 bit!

I don't either. I'm glad I have these photos to look back at in the future.

My 2 favourite things- WS and food 🥰😋😂

Can't go wrong with that.

I tried to make these once years ago but never having tasted a proper one I’m not sure I did them justice. Still a tasty first effort. Must buy one next time I’m in HS to see if I was close lol

You need to be there for Christmas time to get the Red Velvet Pie, but I think they do different versions of a Whoopie Pie throughout the year. I love Red Velvet. I'm sure yours tasted delicious.

So good you got to meet up with the girls. I’m sure it made their shift more enjoyable. Great that they’ve remained such close friends.

I think they enjoyed the break. It's also good to see a familiar face when you're so far from home.

Epcot looks beautiful decked out for Christmas. The tree is gorgeous and I love the lights on SE.

Epcot is beautiful but Studios still has the best decorations.

I forgive you for not going to Bar Riva

Thank you. Someday I will make it there.

I am due for a School Bread.

Danielle loves School Bread.

I love cardamom and this snack reminds me of a pastry my grandma use to make for me! She also made the best cardamom bread. I have ever had!

I haven't ever head of this. I need more information.

Andi and I were there in early December 21 and had our first ride on Remy!

It seems like it was so long ago, doesn't it?

Well today is the day.

We're scheduled to fly to Orlando tonight. Our original flight was set for 8:55 pm and arriving at 11:35pm. It has already been delayed three times and now we're set to depart at 10:38 pm with arrival at 1:18 am. :sad2:

I'm really hoping that is the last delay. I have been really tempted to do same day standby, but I can't leave work early. We're short one person and I can't leave early and leave the only other person here alone.

I just keep telling myself it doesn't matter how late we are; we'll still be seeing Danielle and be in Disney.

We planned on Epcot for tomorrow, I just don't know what time we will make it there. Hopefully we make to the park for some Festival lunch.

I'm all packed but need to check to make sure my big bag is not over 50 lbs. I have a real hard time staying under 50 lbs. I'm usually the person who has to step to the side and try to rearrange my stuff to get under weight. Oh, the shame.

When I started checking the weather 45 days out the highs were showing in the low 80s. The highs were showing in the upper 80s at about 15 days out. They are now in the 90s! It's going to be hot especially on Sunday for MK Dapper Day. We're also looking at rain for Monday at AK for Earth Day, but lower temps.

Please send good vibes for our flight and the heat.

Sounds like its time to go back for more.
You make a good point!!
We're scheduled to fly to Orlando tonight. Our original flight was set for 8:55 pm and arriving at 11:35pm. It has already been delayed three times and now we're set to depart at 10:38 pm with arrival at 1:18 am. :sad2:
Oh wow, I hope your travel day went smoothly and there weren't further delays!
Please send good vibes for our flight and the heat.
Sending good vibes and can't wait to read about your trip!

I'm back home and tired as can be. We had a great time and even did some new to us things. We did get to visit with Alicia and her DH on Friday. We had a wonderful chat over Viking Coffee.

I will be trying to get caught up on everyone's reports.

We did get the last 2 seats on an earlier direct flight from New Orleans to Orlando. Our original flight did fly and the arrival time was well after 2 am the next day. It was quite the adventure and another first for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter