Give a day volunteer search showing only American places?????

I did the WarChild virtual volunteer one where you have to post the banner for Warchild on a link, like onto your facebook page, your twitter or a blog. I posted the warchild banner on all three of my things and then send warchild an email with a copy/paste photo of my three pages online and they sent me a confirmation that I have completed the task. That took me all of 15 minutes to complete but now I am just waiting for them to post it to the disney site for my certificate.
My husband and 2 kids did the blankets and that was fun. I actually got fleece blankets at the Liquidation World near us and 2 ends of the blankets were already fringed and so all they had to do was cut them to size and tie knots in them and then they each did up a card and we took the photos and mailed them this morning.
Now, I just cross my fingers until the vouchers are up.

so sweet.
Imagine all the blankets that they are getting from this activity.
cool

I have entered my email address twice now for the blanket making and am still waiting for the next step...did I miss a step, it said they would send me something to my inbox...help please... :confused3

Ive entered my e-mail a couple times and received nothing?
Anyone else had that happen?

Ive entered my e-mail a couple times and received nothing?
Anyone else had that happen?

have you checked your junk mail folder? your email may be screening out the message since it comes from a no-reply addresss.

I don't know about your area but I looked this weekend and I am seeing quite a bit more options showing up for the Lower Mainland. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Help!!

Ok I signed up to do the blanket because my other choice was canceled. I received and email back and registered. How do I find out where to mail the blankets to?
I can't seem to find an address anywhere.
Do I put a note inside of package as to who they are from?(paperwork)

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Hugs Mel

I have a multiday ticket and want to know if I opt for the Fastpass or the hat, what exactly are they referring to?

If I have a valid multi-day ticket or an Annual Pass or Passport, is there anything else that I can receive?

Guests who present a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport may choose from one of the following three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket:

◦Disney's FASTPASS® Special Exchange Cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party. †
◦A Special Ear Hat figurine with unique trading pins‡

Help!!

Ok I signed up to do the blanket because my other choice was canceled. I received and email back and registered. How do I find out where to mail the blankets to?
I can't seem to find an address anywhere.
Do I put a note inside of package as to who they are from?(paperwork)

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Hugs Mel

I got the address from the "toolkit" as well as a form to fill out that requires the name of each participant, the date and I think your signature-hope this helps...

I have a multiday ticket and want to know if I opt for the Fastpass or the hat, what exactly are they referring to?

If I have a valid multi-day ticket or an Annual Pass or Passport, is there anything else that I can receive?

Guests who present a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport may choose from one of the following three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket:

◦Disney's FASTPASS® Special Exchange Cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party. †
◦A Special Ear Hat figurine with unique trading pins‡

Instead of getting a single day park admission you can get a special fastpast or a figurine that includes trading pins. I have yet to see any posts about what the figurine looks like. I would think that we will see this within the next month. The third option is to donate the admission ticket. The website lists 3 organizations that you can donate to. One of those organizations is our very own Dreams Take Flight...which is awesome if you don't know about it. It is a group from Air Canada that is 100% volunteer driven. The airline donates the use and costs of 2 aircraft and the pilots and crew donate their time to work the flight. This organizations relies on donations and volunteers to take kids from various backgrounds...some are sick but most are disadvantaged...to WDW for the day. They have to pay for all the admissions or the kids and the chaperones. So please keep them in mind if you find that you don't want or need either the fastpass or figurine. I have had the honour of working at the pre-flight party a few years back and it is mind blowing the love that goes into this event every year. I cried when I watched the kids board the planes that day....knowing what kind of day was ahead for them.

I got the address from the "toolkit" as well as a form to fill out that requires the name of each participant, the date and I think your signature-hope this helps...

Thanks for your response Hon
Big mistake somehow I got registered for the American site and not the Canadian site--hopefully it will get sorted out soon. Wyoming is alittle more expensive to send 5 blankets than Ottawa.

Thanks again
Hugs Mel

4 blankets done, and put in the mail today! :banana:

I sent them regular post, with tracking ... squished 4 into a toaster box wrapped in brown paper ... total cost under $11 including taxes. I tied them with ribbons before i put them in their bags in the box. Included my photos and that last page from the toolkit.

question ... many of you have mentioned your "manage my account" link ... is this something i should already have, or something that I will be sent once Volunteer Canada receives the blankets?

Thanks!

I sent my six yesterday! You should have already have your e-mail and password set up, when you signed everyone in your household up! If not go back to e-mail from Volunteer Canada and click on link to set you up!

Thanks! Went back to that link, found the "manage account" tab, and was able to log in. :) So now I know where to be looking next week. :thumbsup2

It felt sooo good to tie ribbons around those blankets last night, and when I was walking in from the parking lot in that bitter cold today with that box, I smiled at the thought that our blankets will be providing some warmth to 4 people hopefully sometime very soon. :goodvibes

I have volunteered to help at an Alzheimers Walk event this Sunday.

I got the information from our Community Services, but the person in charge of the Alzheimers Walk hasn't gone through the Disney site to list the event as a volunteer event. She has to do this before Sunday correct. Then I'm able to sign up for it and participate as a volunteer.

She told me that I didn't have to do anything that after the event she would send in the paperwork. Does this sound correct to anyone?

I don't mind volunteering, but I don't want to spend a long time (already spent about 4 weeks) trying to find another oportunity to volunteer for the Give a Day, Get a Day.

Just to update: I was transfered to the Canadian web site(Handmade Blankets) and filled everything out again--all signed up. Last night I sent in 8 afghan blankets . The cost for mailing priority was 23.00. They said the box should arrive by Friday. We did pictures (grandaughter,and cards,sons and daughter-inlaws.) My sons did the packaging and mailing.
Nice to know they are going to be used by people who need them and great that our family gets a day in Disney in return.
Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences and info.

Hugs Mel

We are signed up to help sort and bundle and distribute used clothing for babies. This was the only thing in our area that our 8 yr old could join in. We go in February for two mornings.

I'm excited that we found something to all do together, and I plan on making sure we continue to help out there, together.

Has anyone seen of places in Ottawa that a 6 year old can volunteer at? All 4 of us (two adults and two children) would like to volunteer at the same place if possible. The only thing that comes up for ages 6 and up so far is for a place in Gananoque which is 1 1/2 hours away.
Also, if the event description says "snow shoveling or lawn mowing" is this still just a one time thing or would DH have to sign up for longer to get the park voucher?

Thanks to the person who first posted the blanket opportunity. I just printed out our vouchers.:cool1: going to use the fastpass option for springbreak.

My girls really enjoyed doing this, at 7 and 9 they are both still attached to their fleece blankets that I made for them when they started daycare at 1 years of age, so they were really happy to make one for someone less fortunate then they are.

They actually want to make more, so I think I will sign my husband up for it and donate the extra ticket to Dreams Take Flight.

Oh, as of TODAY!!, the Canadian Cancer Society in OTTAWA has posted an opportunity to sell Daffodils for ages 6 and up, so I've sent in my request to volunteer with them. Actually if this is a go, it's perfect as they were SUCH a huge support to us when my daughter went through cancer treatment.

For those of you with kids in Scouts Canada programs - just received the following for our group. We'll be signing up - check with your leaders to see if they can do the same!

The Disney Friends for Change Clean-up Challenge will be a pilot project with Scouts Canada in April and May of this year, available primarily in areas of the country that have Disney Stores. Scouts Canada members in and around the following centres are eligible to participate in this opportunity: Burnaby, BC, Edmonton, AB, Calgary, AB, Winnipeg, MB, Toronto, ON, Willowdale, ON, Mississauga, ON, Scarborough, ON, Hamilton, ON, Vaughan,ON, Barrie, Halifax/Dartmouth, NS, S t. John's, NL.

In the weeks leading up to and following Earth Day (April 22, 2010), we challenge your section or group to organize a local clean-up project. We encourage you to focus your clean-up near a river, lake, or other waterway. We ask that clean-up projects take place between April 1 and May 21, 2010.

Disney will provide garbage bags and gloves for your clean-up, and this will be coordinated with the Disney Store in your area. Participants in registered clean-up projects will be elig ible for prize draws from Disney, including passes to the new Disney movie, Oceans, that will be released on Earth Day.

Please submit your project registration form (attached) by Friday, February 5, 2010, to ......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter