Glow necklaces & bracelets!

StilesMom

<Font color=0099FF>DIS Veteran<br><font color=FF00
A friend of mine clued me into buying glow necklaces & bracelets on Ebay! They are fairly cheap.... I got 100 bracelets for $12.99! (They came with connectors so you can make a necklace, too.) Compared to what you would pay elsewhere it isn't bad. I'm going to give some to the kids in the car on the way down once it gets dark, and save some to pass out each night. :)

Great tip! I looked at buying them from Oriental Trading company but they were to expensive after you added shipping. I will try ebay.

My local dollar store has them 2 for a 1.00. I bought abot 10 of them for my kids and they playw ith them all the time~

I was at Claires in the Mall at the beginning of April and they had a 10 for $5.00 sale going. So we picked up 6 glowsticks that were $7.99 each, 3 glow twirler that were $9.99 each, and then for my DN I got her a necklace that lights up reg. price $12.99. So we got over $90.00 worth of stuff for $5.00.

Now I just have to remember to pack it.:D

I just got some of the bracelets at Walmart for .89 cents each and some necklaces for .99cents.. i thought that wasn't too bad and i also got some bubbles - wedding size - in a 6 pack for 1.99 ...

You'll realize the savings when your at the parks at night and your kids say they want a glow light after seeing people walking around with them and whip out a handfull of them from your pocket for substantially less than what Disney would charge. :p

Great idea!! When we go in May, it will be my two kids plus one more and I know my friends little girl will love these!!! Thanks so much for the ebay idea! :)

If you buy them ahead of time, do you have to activate them when you want them to glow? How long do they last? Do you have to get a new one each night?
Please help, what am I to do? (Sarcastic stressful comment there)
Bill

to activate them you snap them in half and it activates the glow stuff yes it only last 5 or so hours so each night you would need a new one , hope this helps michelle

My wife just brought some home and they are 20 inches long. I guess all day long you have to be careful not to accidentally activate them. interesting delima. How to carry them around all day??
Bill

We just kept ours in our fanny packs in the package and they were ok..

Whoo Hoo! I just picked up 100 of the 8" ones for $9.95+6.95 s&h. My 2 year old DD loves these (and so do I ...). We have 2-3 Disney trips planned plus 4th of July fireworks, etc. It should be fun ;).

The ones I bought came in packs of 50 in a cardboard tube. I'll stick some in my fanny pack each evening and activate them when it starts to get dark. The nice thing about buying them in bulk is that if a few get activated by accident... you always have plenty more. Also - the kids can have more than one at a time because you have plenty to spare! :)

We are planning our trip to Disney in May and LOVED this great idea!! We're going to order them from Ebay as well, in LARGE quantities!!! We thought it would be fun for our children to have plenty of extras to give to other disney visitors! Why not share the savings with a stranger and light up their night too!!! Small way to give something back to someone!

I put mine in the suitcase in the attic so I won't have to remember to pack them!

Thanks for the great tip!! I just bid and won 100 necklaces on ebay (18.95 w shipping).... much better deal than the dollar store!!!
I used these at DL last yr for the dark rides , made my then 5 yr old more comfortable on the ride - especially Haunted Mansion which he was very nervous about going on (now it is his favorite!!!)

if you are staying at a resort (on or off site) that has a frig with a freezer, put the activated sticks, necklaces, bracelets in the freezer overnight and they will last for one more day....!:D

I got my glowsticks in the mail and they are great! I accidentally activated a couple of them, so I'll have to be carefull when I pack them!

A bunch of teens were at our house Sat. night for dinner before a hs dance - they decked themselves out in those. The theme of the dance was superheroes, and they wore them as headbands and armbands, along with capes - they looked so cool heading out in the dark. If I have any extras out of the 100, I think I'll save them to pass out for tricker treaters next Oct.!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter