Gluten free options!

tinkerbell070406

Earning My Ears
Hello! I am visiting DW in a week and need opinions on the best restaurants with the best and most gluten free options. Any help would be appreciated!

I was at WDW in July and every restaurant had gluten free options. WDW does an excellent job with gluten free options. In all the sit down restaurants the chef came out and talked to me to make sure exactly what my limits were. Also at every restaurant the serve staff was very knowledgeable, you should not have a problem.

All table service restaurants have gluten free options- you can see most of them on the menus in the MDE app.

Most counter service restaurants have at least some gluten free options, also listed in the app.

Breakfast is the meal with the least gluten free options at counter service locations in the parks. Many counter service locations in the parks have zero gluten free breakfast items.

Breakfast is the meal with the least gluten free options at counter service locations in the parks. Many counter service locations in the parks have zero gluten free breakfast items.
Agree with you there. Do you know if a list of in park QS that offer GF breakfast options exist?

Right now, the only ones I have are Woody’s lunchbox and Satuli’s Canteen.

We will have some food in our room and know that, worst case, we can get out of the park and go to a QS at one of the monorail-Crescent lake-Skyliner resorts. Or eat a Mickey bar.

Last edited:
Agree with you there. Do you know if a list of in park QS that offer GF breakfast options exist?

Right now, the only one I have is Woody’s lunchbox.

We will have some food in our room and know that, worst case, we can get out of the park and go to a QS at one of the monorail-Crescent lake-Skyliner resorts. Or eat a Mickey bar.
GF/DF WDW has a list of allergy menus here https://www.glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com/menus
They are missing Ronto Roaster's allergy breakfast menu which has a few options and also Crepes a Emporter's menu- some of their crepes are naturally 'gluten friendly' (made with buckwheat).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240128_085212_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20240128_085212_Disney World.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 3
Every place in WDW has Gf options. Sometimes you need to ask if you don't see anything on menu. they excel with GF,always have.

Boma has wonderful gluten free options. They give you a written guide telling you which buffet items are gluten free. They also brought me a plate of gluten free desserts including Zebra Domes! A highlight of my trip!

Do you need gluten free by choice or necessity - like celiac disease? While you can find gluten free food everywhere, that doesn't necessarily mean that the food is safe for those with celiac disease.

For example, when we went to Hollywood & Vine for dinner in August and inquired about gluten free food, they gave us a list of foods that are gluten free. They made no other accommodation. Food from a buffet is never safe for those with Celiac disease unless you are the first person of the day. I suppose I shouldn't say that. People probably experience different symptoms My son can't handle cross contamination. He'll be sick immediately, and then feel poorly for about two days. He just can't risk someone putting a spoon in the wrong food. I expected that we would be given food from the kitchen, but they completely refused to do so, insisting that it would be fine. I don't know what other buffets are like at WDW, but I will not go to one again without speaking to a manager beforehand to make sure we can get food from the kitchen.

We had a great meal at Liberty tree -- my son (20 years old) had his own meal, the rest of us had the family style servings. He really likes the food at Regal Eagle in Epcot. The Food & Wine snack booth in Epcot he deemed were too risky -- unless the entire booth is filled with gluten free ingredients, there is no way they can prevent cross contamination. Coral Reef at Epcot was good. He ate at Flame Tree in Animal Kingdom, Backlot in Hollywood Studios, the pizza place in Hollywood studios and Cosmic Rays at MK. The chef at TRex at Disney Springs came to the table and spoke with him, told him to pick anything from the menu and he would figure out how to prepare it safely. He was very appreciative and happy with his food.

Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom has gluten free churros that are very good. I'm not sure if this is till true, but we used to be able to just walk up and order the churros to go.

For the most part, I found that if the server understands allergies, then the experience is better. Sometimes you get a server who thinks you are being difficult and they aren't very helpful or careful.

Last edited:
Food from a buffet is never safe for those with Celiac disease unless you are the first person of the day. I suppose I shouldn't say that. People probably experience different symptoms My son can't handle cross contamination. He'll be sick immediately, and then feel poorly for about two days. He just can't risk someone putting a spoon in the wrong food. I expected that we would be given food from the kitchen, but they completely refused to do so, insisting that it would be fine.
Sorry about your experience at Hollywood & Vine!

My brother also has celiac, and this hasn't been our experience at any of the buffets at WDW. He also has a very visible disability, so it's possible that the CMs are more inclined to think that we're not bluffing about the celiac? They've always been willing to bring us what he wants to eat directly from the kitchen.

We also love Liberty Tree Tavern! For a character meal, he likes Garden Grill. He's a "meat and potatoes" guy so he likes that he can intake a lot of meat at both meals.

Sorry about your experience at Hollywood & Vine!

My brother also has celiac, and this hasn't been our experience at any of the buffets at WDW. He also has a very visible disability, so it's possible that the CMs are more inclined to think that we're not bluffing about the celiac? They've always been willing to bring us what he wants to eat directly from the kitchen.

We also love Liberty Tree Tavern! For a character meal, he likes Garden Grill. He's a "meat and potatoes" guy so he likes that he can intake a lot of meat at both meals.

bluffing about celiac disease -- I have to say this really sucks. Who would pretend this? I will say my son was not willing to advocate for himself and he didn't want me to force the issue. We asked, they declined and that was the end. I'm in a difficult spot. He's too old for me to force it. He has to do it himself, but he feels embarrassed, so he won't do it. Hopefully, he'll learn it is not something to feel embarrassed about. But, why should we have to get into an argument about this? I noted it on the reservation. If they don't want to make the appropriate accommodations, don't pretend to, and we will just eat elsewhere.

We stayed at All Star Music -- he had several gluten free meals. He did have to wait a bit as they make the allergy meals to order, but we were prepared for that. One meal we waited a particularly long time and they gave him a gluten free chocolate cake as an apology for the wait time. I should note, I didn't think It was a long time.

Hello! I am visiting DW in a week and need opinions on the best restaurants with the best and most gluten free options. Any help would be appreciated!
Nomad's Lounge in AK - the best GF churros!
Scat Cat's Cafe - POFR - the best GF beignets!
Satuli Canteen in AK - great bowls / rice / proteins / sauces
Pizzafari in AK - GF pizza
Pinnochio Haus- MK - GF pizza / chicken nuggets
Liberty Tree Tavern - amazing GF meals - mac and cheese, Thanksgiving type food warm apple cake / ice cream

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter