Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony. 14 nights food reviews from two little piggies!LAST DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey - I can't believe I didn't tell you this!

Have you tried Buffalo Wild Wings? SO SO Good! We went there on our last trip and DBF loved it! So much so, that even without a car this trip, we are doing the lynx-I Ride run to eat there :) I think they have one in LBV though! You get to choose from like 15 different sauces what you want on your wings.

They are famous for their wings (we get the boneless and they are awesome!) but get this - they do a rib and wing combo!! OR you could get wings to start and get the 'Ribs and More Ribs' main!

AND they do a chocolate peanut butter pie for dessert!

www.buffalowildwings.com

It's all me and DBF are thinking about :laughing:

Oh I second this!! This place is so good, especially if you have a weakness for wings. We go there at least 1-2 times a month, followed by a trip to Coldstone.

You would love it!

Have you tried Buffalo Wild Wings? SO SO Good! We went there on our last trip and DBF loved it! So much so, that even without a car this trip, we are doing the lynx-I Ride run to eat there :) I think they have one in LBV though! You get to choose from like 15 different sauces what you want on your wings.

They are famous for their wings (we get the boneless and they are awesome!) but get this - they do a rib and wing combo!! OR you could get wings to start and get the 'Ribs and More Ribs' main!

www.buffalowildwings.com

Will you stop giving us more suggestions..... ;) I can't fit everything in and it is begining to depress me. :) This place looks great. Hubby will love it he hates chicken on the bone, and well lookie here its chicken not on a bone.

Kirsten

I am also coming out of lurkdom to tell you how much I loved your report - SO great! And it was so much fun to see the different places off property too. DH and I are going to track down the nearest Cheesecake Factory...I think we have one an hour or so away.

On your last day if you do decide to head over near Universal I can recommend a fantastic BBQ place - Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ...DH is a BBQ addict and found this after seeing it on the Food Network for something. They are incredibly casual and good and very close to Universal.

http://www.bubbalous.com/

www.buffalowildwings.com

GOOD LORD peoples!! Those are two of the best menus EVER! I had no idea you could order wings in multiples of 100!!!!! :yay: Just told TG that we are going somewhere where I can have 100 wings -"well what am I going to have?" was the reply! Too right buddy, I ain't sharing my 100!!

But when am I going to fit both places in?!! Thats the 2nd Beaches and Cream visit gone!

Thanks for the recommendations! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for sharing your food report with us!:goodvibes

I truly enjoyed reading about all your food adventures, and you have a such a wonderful attitude, even when things are less than stellar, it really was a joy to read. I can't wait for you to take another trip so I can read another report, and your plans look awesome!

Because of your reviews, I did end up changing some of my ADRs...ah...behold the power....;)

I actually scored a lunch reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe, and I'm very very excited about it. Those clean plates of yours just did me in! That and my parents, who for a long time owned a store/deli, had to close it this past year, and I am sooooo missing a really good sandwich.

I also know that I must must must get over to Beaches and Cream for a No Way Jose. That just looked so good, I absolutely will be fitting it in.

So thank you so much, I've loved reading this!:goodvibes

I'm glad they helped!! I hope you like it there, just promise you will have the lovely chips and not waste tummy space on something called a cucumber salad?! Is that vacation food? NO!:goodvibes

Oh I second this!! This place is so good, especially if you have a weakness for wings. We go there at least 1-2 times a month, followed by a trip to Coldstone.

You would love it!

I'm so there!!!:thumbsup2

Will you stop giving us more suggestions..... ;) I can't fit everything in and it is begining to depress me. :) This place looks great. Hubby will love it he hates chicken on the bone, and well lookie here its chicken not on a bone.

Kirsten

I know!!! What are we to cut from our plans?!!:scared1: Don't tell TG but the lunch at Pop has got to go!

I'm glad they helped!! I hope you like it there, just promise you will have the lovely chips and not waste tummy space on something called a cucumber salad?! Is that vacation food? NO!:goodvibes

Vegetables? On vacation? :lmao:

Actually, I do eat my veggies on vacay, but with a sandwich like those, I like some nice fries or chips to round out my meal. And if Pooh's-Honey-Pot says so, then that's what I have to do!:goodvibes

It took me 2 days but I finally finished! I really enjoyed reading all you had to say and loved the great pictures. You really brought it to life with your wonderful humor. You did an awesome job with your reviews! We're not eating at many of the same places as you (Columbia Harbour House, Trail's End, Boma, and Flame Tree BBQ) but you've made us look forward to the ones we'll be sharing. Thanks so much for sharing! :goodvibes :goodvibes

I just read your whole review...thanks! I noticed we were at Le Chefs de France the same day at the same time! I think we were the fourth party seated. Funny!

Great reviews, I just got through them all in one sitting! Whew!

When I saw TG, I couldn't help that he looked more like...
michaelmcdonald.jpg

Michael McDonald from MadTV. What? Michael has potential! :rotfl2:

I'm trying Pop Century for the first time, and I'm a llittle scared of the service there now. :scared1: I still can't wait though!

Thanks for the reviews!

I just wrote up a post that didn't go through...I guess my Internet is down.

Just wanted to say first and foremost, I love your trip report! I am reading it so slowly with baited breath as to prolong it's existence. I'll be so sad when it's over. Maybe for your next trip I can just tag along as the third wheel!! Food coma here I come! Honestly, though, my husband and I love eating as well! We met in the restaurant industry so I guess it was destiny.

As far as the Golden Corral and other American eats, you have me cracking up over here! My stepfather is from Gloucester and my Uncle & Aunt live in Birmingham where she works at an Italian-American restaurant (by her standards) and she says the food is crap compared to the USA which surprises me because it sounds like it's all butter/whole milk/creams and such...sounds tasty to me!

Anyway, thanks for the great trip report! I wanted to say about how at CP and GFC with the lack of coins, it sounds like your servers themselves didn't have a bank on them that day (at almost every restaurant you're required to bring in at least 20$ change for your guests yourselves) and then of course you can usually go to the bar and get change beyond that....maybe they were just too lazy to do so? I'm pretty certain that they would get in trouble had you let management know, though, that's ridiculous!

I didn't like the sausages at RR either...in fact, we had the apps with the fried sausage thing there our first time and thought it was disgusting...the burger too, but we still love that place and have liked everything else we've gotten! I am trying to find a way to squeeze it into our itinerary for this next trip.

I absolutely loved your report. I can't wait to read next years, we are going on a Land & Sea trip next year too, but we are on the Wonder. Hope your write about cruise food.

Thank you so much for your very detailed, lots of pictures dining trip report. It was great!

Hi everyone!! Well the recipe for Magic Cookie Bars finally arrived from Disney yesterday so I have just whipped up a batch . . . they are at this second cooking so I will let you know how they go! I Cannot wait to try them again!!

We have a week off work this week and popped to London for the day . . . well who knew - Harrods have a Krispy Kreme branch instore now! Woohoo!! :goodvibes The good stuff is spreading country wide!!

It took me 2 days but I finally finished! I really enjoyed reading all you had to say and loved the great pictures. You really brought it to life with your wonderful humor. You did an awesome job with your reviews! We're not eating at many of the same places as you (Columbia Harbour House, Trail's End, Boma, and Flame Tree BBQ) but you've made us look forward to the ones we'll be sharing. Thanks so much for sharing! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Have a great time when you go!! Especially at Boma . . . I keep thinking about our meal there lately so I may have to adjust next years plan!!

I just read your whole review...thanks! I noticed we were at Le Chefs de France the same day at the same time! I think we were the fourth party seated. Funny!

No way!! We must have watched you go in!! We were about 6th!

Great reviews, I just got through them all in one sitting! Whew!

When I saw TG, I couldn't help that he looked more like...
michaelmcdonald.jpg

Michael McDonald from MadTV. What? Michael has potential! :rotfl2:

I'm trying Pop Century for the first time, and I'm a llittle scared of the service there now. :scared1: I still can't wait though!

Thanks for the reviews!

Hmm I'm not sure about this bloke . . . I preferred the Jake Gyleenhall comparisons!!
I'm a little scared of Pop too! We have a whole week there!:scared1:

I just wrote up a post that didn't go through...I guess my Internet is down.

Just wanted to say first and foremost, I love your trip report! I am reading it so slowly with baited breath as to prolong it's existence. I'll be so sad when it's over. Maybe for your next trip I can just tag along as the third wheel!! Food coma here I come! Honestly, though, my husband and I love eating as well! We met in the restaurant industry so I guess it was destiny.

As far as the Golden Corral and other American eats, you have me cracking up over here! My stepfather is from Gloucester and my Uncle & Aunt live in Birmingham where she works at an Italian-American restaurant (by her standards) and she says the food is crap compared to the USA which surprises me because it sounds like it's all butter/whole milk/creams and such...sounds tasty to me!

Anyway, thanks for the great trip report! I wanted to say about how at CP and GFC with the lack of coins, it sounds like your servers themselves didn't have a bank on them that day (at almost every restaurant you're required to bring in at least 20$ change for your guests yourselves) and then of course you can usually go to the bar and get change beyond that....maybe they were just too lazy to do so? I'm pretty certain that they would get in trouble had you let management know, though, that's ridiculous!

Thank you for your lovely comments!!! I don't know if I mentioned it once or twice but I too prefer American food!!!!!

I dodn't realise the staff had to supply their own change?! Thats really shocking! I feel bad for moaning now!!!!

I absolutely loved your report. I can't wait to read next years, we are going on a Land & Sea trip next year too, but we are on the Wonder. Hope your write about cruise food.

Ohh have a great time! I am so excited about our first cruise! Have you cruised before?! I need tips!!

Wow that is some trip report I can't believe how thin you are - how did you eat so much.

I am still trying to lose it if that helps!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your very detailed, lots of pictures dining trip report. It was great!

Thanks for the nice comments!!! :goodvibes

So how did your Magic Cookie Bars go???? If they turned out well, we would love the recipe.

Kirsten

I loved your trip report. Since I haven't seen it mentioned, might I suggest a marriage of two things you really enjoy? Chili with cornbread!

Last Year the newest "deep fried" offering at the NC State Fair was Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich on a Stick!

DS#1, DD and I got one as a lark and almost ended up fighting over it! It was like a huge puffy jelly doughnut with melty peanut butter too - DELICIOUS! (And I'm certain calorie-free too!!)

Just found you, looking forward to seeing the reviews. :thumbsup2

Ah thank you!! I am looking forward to going!!:goodvibes

Some news . . . we were meant to be spending two weeks cruising and one week at Pop next year, BUT we have realised it will probably be our last trip across the pond for a few years (we are saving hard to move house and then hopefully start a family :scared1: ) . So we think we are going to cancel one week of cruising and instead have one weeks cruise and two weeks at Pop. I know we have never cruised before so may really regret the decision once we get on the Magic, but on the other hand we know we LOVE the parks and need an extra long fix to keep us going over the next few years! Which means more food reviews next year!! Two weeks of Parks and resorts instead on one! I can't wait to stuff my face on behalf of all of you again!!

Does mean re-doing my food plan though (which is traumatising me this late-notice!:rotfl2: ), so if you have any recommendations of places we haven't been before send them this way! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter