• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Go Early--no crowds

Stressa

Earning My Ears
Just got back from a wonderful trip to WDW. We stayed at POFQ. Although the CM said the hotel was at 101% occupancy, we never felt it at the hotel. Nothing was busy there. This board convinced me to try the FQ, and I'm glad I did.

I was against going to the MK on the Saturday before Easter, but others in my group wanted to go. We arrived about 7:45. Regular opening was 8:00am. This was not an EE day. There was hardly anyone there! It was wonderful! Splash M., TM, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise. . . everything was a walk on until about 11:00. The only thing we weren't able to do was to ride Space M. because it was closed. I guess not everyone knew it opened that early or everyone slept in, but I was horribly afraid of huge crowds and was pleasantly surprised they weren't there. So, take advantage of that early time!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at MK, Stressa. Did you have to use fast passes or was everything walk on?

Ali

Standby times were listed as 5 min., so we walked on. We were going to use fastpass, but didn't need to.

Originally posted by Stressa
the CM said the hotel was at 101% occupancy,

How is it at 101% occupancy? Did they have an extra guest or two tucked in a laundry room??:earseek:

Those first 2 hours are so precious at the parks. It seems like the best time to get anything done, when large crowds are expected. We always go to the parks at opening. DH is telling me he doesn't want to do that next trip--- we'll see.

Glad you had a great time!

.. is the only way to beat the crowds. As Len and other contributers to the Unofficial Guide will attest to, arriving early is the answer to not waiting in line!

My DD and I were there last week during our spring break for our first visit, so I have nothing to compare the crowds to. However, we went early - 7:30 - and breezed through everything in Fantasyland, doing most rides twice. Also hit Buzz Lightyear, Pirates, and Philharmagic - no waiting! Awesome! The only FP we used was for the HM.
What a magical experience!!!

Sorry I didn't post right away; I was at work.
For the one percent over 100, the CM said they were hoping they didn't show up. I'm sure they have numbers that would support this. I was afraid I'd be in that group, but our room was fine.

Space Mountain seemed to be down due to technical difficulties, but I never really did hear what was wrong. Maybe someone else heard more than I did. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter