Go or not go? Sunday,Oct.23?

tvwalsh

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I have a GV at OKW waiting for me tomorrow, Oct. 23. The friends who were going with us have decided not to go because of Wilma. Please tell me what you would do and why.

tvwalsh said:
I have a GV at OKW waiting for me tomorrow, Oct. 23. The friends who were going with us have decided not to go because of Wilma. Please tell me what you would do and why.

After Monday the rest of the week looks great! It might be a little breezy on Monday and Tuesday, but you should not let that keep you from going! BTW
we're headed to BCV's for 6 days arriving tomorrow 10/23 as well!! Get in to
MCO at 9:30 AM!!! Off to F&W!! :sunny:

IMHO.... GO!! :sunny:

The weather center today is saying Wilma will hit somewhere south of Naples, approx. Tuesday. Then go east to the Atlantic.....

WDW is in Central Fla.

BTW....My family is in Bonita Springs, south of Naples, and they are evacuating TO DISNEY WORLD for a few days!!! ;)

Here's the YAHOO Weather for the next few days..
Today Tomorrow Mon Tue Wed 6-10 Day

Scattered Thunderstorms
Sat
High: 85°
Low: 70°

Thundershowers
Sun
High: 77°
Low: 63°

Thundershowers
Mon
High: 72°
Low: 59°

Partly Cloudy
Tues
High: 68°
Low: 51°

Sunny
Wed
High: 73°
Low: 60°

I'd share this with your friends. I'd be really upset if family backed out on such short notice...especially without doing their homework on the hurricane/path/landfall.

Oh those GV points!! YIKES!! :scared1: :scared1:

I agree that you should go if you can. If the airport was closed, well, that's different. We took a chance and went between huricanes in the late '90's and we did have a great time. Yes, many of our fellow guests at WL were people from parts of Florida who had evacuated to Disney!

Bobbi :flower:

Having been at WDW for three hurricane events, there is no place I'd feel safer. The preparation made by Disney is incredible, the construction used for WDW resorts is sound and the atmosphere is, after all, DISNEY.

In this case, it sounds now like Wilma will be a non-event at WDW, so the effects will be minimal. As of this time, all parks will be open.

As for the GV, go and enjoy the luxury! :)

We were at BCV during Charlie, The parks were open till 1 pm (to onsite guests only) the day hurricane blew through. Entry to the parks was free for guests that day. Most parks were open the very next morning. Crowds were extra low and we enjoyed the day. Having a GV should make it easy to enjoy any down time due to weather. There was no interuption in electricity/services.

GO and ENJOY Yourself, as far as the GV, depends how many people are in your group i would stay in the GV for sunday and monday & on monday i would call ms to see if there is a smaller unit is available for tuesday thru the end of your vacation and save those points even if they go into holding.
;)

Go and have fun! We were at Disney last year for Jeanne and we had a day and a half of rain and the rest of the week was gorgeous. Parks were low attendance - we loved it.

tvwalsh said:

I've had to make a similar decision and I know it's not easy. I'm going but a couple of days later. I did not have to make any size adjustments though. Perhaps you can try downsizing?

Now that hindsight is 20/20, I would not cancel out. Today it looks like WDW will be largely unaffected. Seems like Wilma will go more towards Southwest Florida and the Keys, and will be a category 1, from what is being putting out by the news and NOAA.

Personally, I could have a great time at WDW without anyone being there, but I know having friends makes it more fun. Some people I know also cancelled out this time around. I will miss them, but there will be other trips.

If you do go, see you there!
:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter