Go with the flow DUDE.....*a few final thoughts 10/19

:cheer2:

Ooooh, OOOOH, I know you guys! ;) Let's go on Mine Train again! :goodvibes

The only thing that sucked about all of us meeting was we didn't get MORE time together. But I'm so happy we all got a chance to meet, if not all in the same place at the same time. We b... err... RCers make it WORK. :joker:

You know what I love about all of you gals, we just clicked... all of us. :grouphug:

:cheer2:

Ooooh, OOOOH, I know you guys! ;) Let's go on Mine Train again! :goodvibes

The only thing that sucked about all of us meeting was we didn't get MORE time together. But I'm so happy we all got a chance to meet, if not all in the same place at the same time. We b... err... RCers make it WORK. :joker:

You know what I love about all of you gals, we just clicked... all of us. :grouphug:
:hug: YAY! If I had my way we would have had MUCHO time together....the kids they make their own plans :rolleyes: I was so happy to meet you and your DH and Miss M. Mine train was awesome, and DEFINITELY better at night. :goodvibes You even got to witness what happens when my handsome doesn't get to order his own ice cream :crazy2: I should save the details :)

Thank you again for the ice cream, m'lovely. :hug: No worries, kids are kids! :thumbsup2 Yours are all so lovely and handsome, of course, and sweet... and middle-B is so flippin' HELPFUL... can we clone him? I know he doesn't want any more sisters, but if we could clone him, that'd be great. :rotfl:

Did you guys get to go back on Mine Train during the day? Miss M wants to go back JUST for the ride... y'all created a monster. :lmao:

Thank you again for the ice cream, m'lovely. :hug: No worries, kids are kids! :thumbsup2 Yours are all so lovely and handsome, of course, and sweet... and middle-B is so flippin' HELPFUL... can we clone him? I know he doesn't want any more sisters, but if we could clone him, that'd be great. :rotfl:

Did you guys get to go back on Mine Train during the day? Miss M wants to go back JUST for the ride... y'all created a monster. :lmao:

If you ask DH he will give him away :lmao: B-man is a great kid. We did several more rides on Mine Train :cool1:, I love that ride! I'm glad Miss M liked it too, DH and I had our fingers crossed we didn't traumatize her :hug:...and I still have to give Kate an e-mail address you reminded me :upsidedow

Our initial plans were to drive straight through the night to Treasure Island. Remembering how exhausted we were last year, I decided to get a stopover in Georgia. Our Treasure Island hotel was terrific about accommodating our last minute tweaks!

Through my obsessive planning, I found that Jekyll Island, Georgia was pretty close to I-95 and I've been wanting to try out the beaches in that area SOOOOOOO.....

After an uneventful night, the kids and I slept while DH :drive: throughout the night. We did Burger King French Toast sticks for breakfast. DS5 made friends with the cashier, and got himself a crown. He also went up and thanked her for getting his order right. (For those who don't know me personally, my little man is on the spectrum) He is too funny, he also said goodbye on his way out. She was lovely, and so engaging with him...it really made his morning and got him in a great mood. For lunch we stopped at Hardee's, which is a favorite of the kids that we don't have here in NJ. Our order got a little :upsidedow , but overall a good lunch.

Around 3pm we arrived at Jekyll Island :cheer2::beach:

I didn't know this, but since Jekyll Island is a state park there is a $6 parking fee per day...even if you are staying in a hotel on the island. Not a dealbreaker, but I found this annoying. Now we found our way to the hotel, I booked it as it was #1 on TripAdvisor. It was a very nice suite! We only brought in an overnight bag and our swimsuits, and since I saw a microwave I grabbed the microwave popcorn as well.

First order of business...BEACH :beach:

Behind the hotel, there is a long boardwalk leading through the woods onto the beach. There were these large spiders that kind of creeped us out, but it is a wooded area. Onto the beach...it's not huge, but it's clean. The water, meh...I was not impressed. I guess I am spoiled by Gulf water, but it was brownish (like lake water if that makes sense). We did see a dolphin :dance3: Needless to say, after an hour we headed back to the hotel pool. It was a good size pool for the hotel with a zero entry area, and we loved it. I grabbed some drinks and nachos from the pool bar (it was happy hour :thumbsup2), and we stayed down there until 6ish.

By 7pm we were all in bed :rotfl:

Next post.....Sunday August 17th

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. Love the picture of the Pas-family. Y'all are so cute!!

Just back from our adventures, and checking in on your trip report. What a fabulous photo of your family!! Really looking forward to hearing more about your trip! :)

Just back from our adventures, and checking in on your trip report. What a fabulous photo of your family!! Really looking forward to hearing more about your trip! :)

:hug: Great to have you here! How was your trip?? How was All-Stars??? Hope it was great! :goodvibes Next for you is January, right??

Jeanette, great start.

How sweet of the cashier at Burger King. :goodvibes

Like you, I am spoiled by the Gulf. I don't like the Atlantic side anymore.

The pool looks very inviting though.

After all that driving and sitting in the car, I don't blame you for being in bed early.

Jeanette, great start.

How sweet of the cashier at Burger King. :goodvibes

Like you, I am spoiled by the Gulf. I don't like the Atlantic side anymore.

The pool looks very inviting though.

After all that driving and sitting in the car, I don't blame you for being in bed early.

Thanks Kathy :goodvibes

IMO it wasn't a beach I'd drive 12 hours to get to, nor would I stay more than 2 nights. We really did need the rest though, so all good! The Gulf is just divine, isn't it? :hyper: I ordered a drink there called the Purple Turtle, totally thought of you......it was NO comparison to the Turtle Crawl however :rotfl2:

To quote my DS5.....let's get this party started!:woohoo:

Around 7:30am on Sunday morning we all woke up nice and refreshed!!! Thinking back, DH and I probably fell asleep before the girls, I know DS5 fell asleep in my arms before me because he was snoring :love:

We headed downstairs for our free breakfast which was plentiful and tasty. DS13 and I made everyone waffles, and who doesn't like a hot waffle :thumbsup2

Around 9:30 we hit the road and we were off to Treasure Island :woohoo: We were very close to the Georgia/Florida border!! We stopped for gas at a truck stop which had an Arby's there as well. Arby's for lunch it is! I have to say the restrooms and restaurant were SO clean. By 2pm we checked into our Treasure Island Condo! It was wonderful, since this is a WDW TR I won't do too much on TI but here's some pics.....

Before pics, a funny story...in the water my DS13 says (not yells...says) "A shark" and takes off leaving me and his two sisters as shark bait. I gasped for a minute, then looked at the "shark" a few feet in front of us. It was a manatee :rotfl2: This is why I love the Gulf, manatees, dolphins, shells, it's so pretty. :cloud9: My DS will never live down the shark story though ;)

OK pics:

My pretty princesses
Zoomed in sunset from our balcony
Walking to the water
DD9DS5

Jeanette I finally made it over here. So excited to read all about your trip.

I love the family pic in Main St!

I would have been totally freaked out by the spiders on the path to the beach and the story about Your son yelling Shark was Great! :rotfl:

Can't wait to read more about the Pas Clan Adventures. :)

sjs314 said:
Jeanette I finally made it over here. So excited to read all about your trip.

I love the family pic in Main St!

I would have been totally freaked out by the spiders on the path to the beach and the story about Your son yelling Shark was Great! :rotfl:

Can't wait to read more about the Pas Clan Adventures. :)

:hug: Yay Sheila!! There were spiderwebs all over those trees, it made me itchy. The trip was an adventure, but a good one

I just love beach photos, and the lighting on that first one of the girls is particularly spectacular! Great pictures! Sounds like your hotel on-the-way was just right for its purpose - especially since it includes what our family called "FHB" (or free hot breakfast.) I don't even eat hot breakfast, but it's great for my husband and our boys - particularly if waffles are involved. I just love how convenient it is not to have to get breakfast for everyone. Too funny about the "shark!"

:hug: Great to have you here! How was your trip?? How was All-Stars??? Hope it was great! :goodvibes Next for you is January, right??

I won't repeat my mini report on the wonderful ASMu from the RC thread, but I will add that Paris/London was great. Our youngest (not on spectrum, but several other diagnoses and shares some characteristics) did even better than we ever expected. The trip was quite geared towards the boys, so in London, for example, we did the Tower of London, Harry Potter Studio tour, London Eye, high speed boat ride, James Bond museum, etc. No tea for our group! I'll have plenty of time for that later. :)

January for the WDW Marathon is up next! And then we're stopping by for Easter weekend after visiting my parents . . . our first villa stay, so I'll really appreciate the details of your report!!

Looking forward to your next update!!

Love the pictures!! So far, it sounds like it was a great trip.

Before pics, a funny story...in the water my DS13 says (not yells...says) "A shark" and takes off leaving me and his two sisters as shark bait. I gasped for a minute, then looked at the "shark" a few feet in front of us. It was a manatee :rotfl2: This is why I love the Gulf, manatees, dolphins, shells, it's so pretty. :cloud9: My DS will never live down the shark story though ;)

:lmao::lmao: There should have been a warning of "Please do not have any food or drink in your mouth when you read the below section". I laughed so hard, I almost spewed food on my laptop. :lmao:
That is such a funny story, that you can use to tease her for the rest of her life. My DH has one and all the family has to say is "pickle".

Hey! After a crazy busy week, I finally found my way over!

I'm excited to hear all about y'all's trip! Looks like y'all were off to a great start! And I'm glad to hear it wasn't a shark after all in the water. :eek:

I just love beach photos, and the lighting on that first one of the girls is particularly spectacular! Great pictures! Sounds like your hotel on-the-way was just right for its purpose - especially since it includes what our family called "FHB" (or free hot breakfast.) I don't even eat hot breakfast, but it's great for my husband and our boys - particularly if waffles are involved. I just love how convenient it is not to have to get breakfast for everyone. Too funny about the "shark!"

I won't repeat my mini report on the wonderful ASMu from the RC thread, but I will add that Paris/London was great. Our youngest (not on spectrum, but several other diagnoses and shares some characteristics) did even better than we ever expected. The trip was quite geared towards the boys, so in London, for example, we did the Tower of London, Harry Potter Studio tour, London Eye, high speed boat ride, James Bond museum, etc. No tea for our group! I'll have plenty of time for that later. :)

January for the WDW Marathon is up next! And then we're stopping by for Easter weekend after visiting my parents . . . our first villa stay, so I'll really appreciate the details of your report!!

Looking forward to your next update!!
Can't wait to hear about Europe too!!! You will LOVE having a villa!! DD9 wants another CL stay, but I'm having a hard time wanting to do a regular room. FHB was perfect for an overnight stop. As for All Stars...if they had queens OR three connecting rooms:rotfl: we'd SO be back ...:hug: traveling with those special kiddos can be interesting..but my kids pleasantly surprised me :)

Love the pictures!! So far, it sounds like it was a great trip.

:lmao::lmao: There should have been a warning of "Please do not have any food or drink in your mouth when you read the below section". I laughed so hard, I almost spewed food on my laptop. :lmao:
That is such a funny story, that you can use to tease her for the rest of her life. My DH has one and all the family has to say is "pickle".
:rotfl: Shark Week coincided with our trip, but he is now "my child who fed me to a shark" :rotfl2:

Hey! After a crazy busy week, I finally found my way over!

I'm excited to hear all about y'all's trip! Looks like y'all were off to a great start! And I'm glad to hear it wasn't a shark after all in the water. :eek:
:hug: Hi Amanda!!!:goodvibes Whirlwind week here too. They found stingrays too, but fortunately that was at night when I was on the balcony with my wine (and little ones) watching the flashlights on the beach ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter