God Friended Me... who's looking forward to season 2 on Sept 29th

Sad news:

‘God Friended Me’ Canceled After Two Seasons On CBS, Sets Series Finale

CBS has opted to end drama God Friended Me after two seasons. I hear the decision was made early enough so the series’ creative team had time to craft the Season 2 finale as a series finale and give the show, from Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Prods., a proper ending.

God Friended Me, starring Brandon Michael Hall, will end with a two-hour series finale on April 26, 8:00-10 PM.

“We’re extremely proud of the unique concept and uplifting stories God Friended Me has told over the past two seasons,” CBS and WBTV said in a joint statement. “We thank the brilliant cast, writers, production team and crew for a show that stirred thoughtful conversation about faith, life and happiness, and made viewers feel good at the end of each episode. The creative team behind the show has one last “friend suggestion” in mind, as well as an ending we hope brings a satisfying conclusion to Miles’ journey in search of the God Account.”

While never a strong demo draw, the supernaturally themed God Friended Me had attracted sizable audiences. It was a breakout, ranking as one of the top three most watched new series last season with 10 million viewers and improving its Sunday time period significantly to earn a Season 2 renewal.

Like a slew of other series suffering a sophomore slump, God Friended Me‘s numbers have gone down. However, the current Hollywood shutdown, which has thrown all broadcast pilots in limbo, had been expected to give a boost to the renewal chances of bubble shows like God Friended Me.

https://deadline.com/2020/04/god-fr...easons-cbs-series-finale-date-set-1202908162/

Last week was the first time I didn’t watch it . I was losing interest plus to much on Sunday night for me to watch so this one was deleted off my list.

Now I will have to watch there finale.... so thanks for your post.

Sad news:

‘God Friended Me’ Canceled After Two Seasons On CBS, Sets Series Finale
CBS has opted to end drama God Friended Me after two seasons. I hear the decision was made early enough so the series’ creative team had time to craft the Season 2 finale as a series finale and give the show, from Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Prods., a proper ending.​
God Friended Me, starring Brandon Michael Hall, will end with a two-hour series finale on April 26, 8:00-10 PM.
“We’re extremely proud of the unique concept and uplifting stories God Friended Me has told over the past two seasons,” CBS and WBTV said in a joint statement. “We thank the brilliant cast, writers, production team and crew for a show that stirred thoughtful conversation about faith, life and happiness, and made viewers feel good at the end of each episode. The creative team behind the show has one last “friend suggestion” in mind, as well as an ending we hope brings a satisfying conclusion to Miles’ journey in search of the God Account.”​
While never a strong demo draw, the supernaturally themed God Friended Me had attracted sizable audiences. It was a breakout, ranking as one of the top three most watched new series last season with 10 million viewers and improving its Sunday time period significantly to earn a Season 2 renewal.​
Like a slew of other series suffering a sophomore slump, God Friended Me‘s numbers have gone down. However, the current Hollywood shutdown, which has thrown all broadcast pilots in limbo, had been expected to give a boost to the renewal chances of bubble shows like God Friended Me.​
Can you believe, Imzadi, that I have 9 weeks in my TiVo to watch? :faint: I have no idea what happens to me on Sunday evening, or for that matter, the other days in the week to watch them. :confused3 I will watch them though. :happytv: I had seen this end of season item online, was sad to see it.

Last week was the first time I didn’t watch it . I was losing interest plus to much on Sunday night for me to watch so this one was deleted off my list.
Can you believe, Imzadi, that I have 9 weeks in my TiVo to watch? :faint: I have no idea what happens to me on Sunday evening, or for that matter, the other days in the week to watch them. :confused3

For me, the show got a little bit tiring with the whole Cara & Miles being on, then off, then on, then off. IMO, the show doesn't really work with them not together. I kind of had the feeling that the producers felt the couple shouldn't be having an adult sexual relationship. That they wanted to keep things very PG between the two of them. Maybe it's because Mile's father is a minister? :confused3 And they wanted to keep the relationship wholesome, rather than something that actually happens in the 21st century in NYC. So, whenever the relationship started heading deeper, they'd have to pull the couple apart again.

Also, the show couldn't seem to figure out if it wanted to be a more mystical/spiritual show with God pulling the strings or if some human was really behind the God account. So, I was losing interest too. At least now we will finally have an answer one way or another, probably about both situations.

Last edited:

I finally finished the last few episodes. I liked how it ended.

I found Miles' last message to all of us, about how he realized it's all about us being in this together and helping each other through it all, very apropos for these Coronavirus times. :thumbsup2 :grouphug:

I enjoyed the finale, but am sad to see it end. It was nice to watch a show that was about helping people and seemed uplifting. So many shows are just overly dramatic (yes I know, they are generally the dramas, supposed to be dramatic I guess).

We enjoyed it, but the very last part left us confused, as to who was waiting for Miles?
Exactly! I would like to discuss this but will wait for folk to watch the end.
Who was the last character he saw and who is the "she" that was waiting for him? Left a lot of questions for me. I guess it was for each person to decide.

We enjoyed it, but the very last part left us confused, as to who was waiting for Miles?
Exactly! I would like to discuss this but will wait for folk to watch the end.
Who was the last character he saw and who is the "she" that was waiting for him? Left a lot of questions for me. I guess it was for each person to decide.

My thoughts:
Since the ending is a year in the future, I'm thinking it's the next Dalai lama, who happens to be a female

My thoughts:
Since the ending is a year in the future, I'm thinking it's the next Dalai lama, who happens to be a female

Could be--
but I was thinking it was his Mother, the way this show went, who knows!

My thoughts:
Could be--
but I was thinking it was his Mother, the way this show went, who knows!

Hmm. . . :scratchin
Interesting. :scratchin But, why would she need to make him go all the way to the himalayas? And why be greeted by a kid in a dalai lama type outfit?

Hmm. . . :scratchin
Interesting. :scratchin But, why would she need to make him go all the way to the himalayas? And why be greeted by a kid in a dalai lama type outfit?

Like I said,,I was so confused,,that was the first thing I thought of. The little dalai lama kid threw me for a loop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter