Going in August, made ADR's and actually a little shocked

mickeysaver

<font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer
We have gone to WDW about once a year or more every year since 2001. I always do my best to secure ADR's right at the "magical" ADR date, but we just today cancelled our December trip and made plans to go in August, so that we could celebrate our anniversary and enjoy the Summer Nightastic offerings. Our magical ADR date came and went on 2/08/10, which being that it was 5 days ago, I figured that I was going to have a very hard time making some of the ADR's that we wanted for our trip. We usually go in October or December and have spotty luck making hard to get ADR's for a party of just 2. Honestly, most times, we end up having to ask the online booking engine to give us ADR's for a party of 4, if we change our plans after the "magical" ADR day.

I was pleasantly surprised and somewhat shocked to be able to secure ADR's for just the two of us at good dining times throughout our trip. For all of our choices, we pretty much had our choice of times. I have never had it this easy!

We both love Epcot and decided to spend the day there for our anniversary. I got Le Cellier for our anniversary! :banana: We both love Kona Cafe for breakfast and got that for the morning that we do TL. I was easily able to snag dinner that night at Raglan Road. I got lunch at HBD! I was also able to grab Teppan Edo at a good time so that we will be able to see IllumiNations since it will be our last night.

Seriously, the same ADR's would have been almost impossible to grab for our other trips. I have to wonder if the masses going in August are just that clueless about how it all works or if bookings are that soft for summer still? :confused3 I am hopeful that we will have a great time, despite the heat and humidity. Lower crowds would be a nice bonus, but I am not counting on it too much, still, it sure was nice to have a totally hassle free ADR experience today. :thumbsup2

Happy Anniversary!! We too are going in August (5-15) and staying at the Contemporary. We booked our ADRs on 2/6 ans were able to get everything we wanted, 2 to 3 table service meals a day! This has never happened for us, I think a lot of people were waiting for the free dining which I think begins around 8/15. We all lucked out by going early in August. We have been in Aug before, and yes it is hot, but no hotter than Connecticut, and if it is going to be 90 degrees, I would rather be in Disney than sweating at home and work! The crowds are also very doable.:flower3:

I did the online ADR's on our 180th day-- thursday. I have always called for the last 5 trips. This time I did online-- logged on a few minutes after 6am and was logged off by 630. I got all ADR's - -even LeCellier --which I haven't been able to get for the last 5 Aug trips. It was much quicker than calling. I just wish there was a way to keep your party info consistant throughtout the process. I had to keep reentering the party size and ages of the kids.

I am hoping that it means that crowds won't be soo big. We love going in Aug. Like OP stated-- rather be hot and humid in WDW than in CT!

We will be there 8/11 to 8/19!

I havent made mine yet (2 days to go) but have popped in dates close to the time we are checking in and i cant believe the great availability of the good restaurants. Last year when it was 90 days out and doing it by phone really sucked (i got some late times). This year with doing it further ahead and online im hoping for a better experience. So far it looks good.

Sounds like we'll be there the same time. I did my ADRs on 2/8 and got everything we wanted and at the general times we wanted.

I think a lot of people aren't planning their summer vacations yet. Or at least to the degree we do!

Our first day at Disney will be 180 days from tomorrow. We'll be at CBR for 14 days.:cool1: Can I ONLY make ADRs for our first day tomorrow or can ADRs for our whole trip be made tomorrow? We haven't booked our room yet so will I need to do that before I can make ADRs?

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes. :goodvibes

donnajz....
If you book your room, you can book ADR's for the first 10 days of your trip. Then on the following day, you can book for the 11th day, the day after that the 12th day and so on. It's 180 days + 10. If you don't have an onsite room booking at 180 days, you can book your ADR's only for that one date.

I can do my reservations tomorrow. Have never used the on-line. After I make my first reservations is there something specific that I need to do to continue making the next 6 days worth. Any help would be appreciated. Also, if I should have a problem, do the phone lines open at 7? Thanks

I would suggest that you go take a look at the Disney Dining Booking site in advance. It's not complicated at all. It will ask you for your reservation ID number and other bits of info. Once it has retrieved your info, it will automatically know that you are eligible as an onsite guest to book for the length of your 6 night stay. At that point, it's just a matter of searching for ADR's on the dates that you want them for the party size that you will be with. Once it finds a suitable time for you, you then accept the reservation and have the option of adding in any food allergy info and have the option of adding on things like requests for highchairs. Once that is done, as long as it's not a signature dining experience that requires a credit card to secure, you will accept the reservation as is and you will be given a confirmation number. If you are Celebrating anything, it can be added to the already confirmed reservation at that time. You will receive and email with the detailed ADR information for your records. It's pretty simple. Good luck! :goodvibes

Thanks for the info. I was on the site before and was able to retrieve my reservation but since my date is tomorrow I couldn't do anything else. I will
be on the computer at 6 tomorrow to get them done. Since the other pp have had such good luck I hope I do to. Since the free dining isn't out yet and most people don't know about the 180 days I think I will be all set.

Forgot one question - do you link your reservations to the dining plan like it asks or do I click on don't link. We have the dining plan so wasn't sure it one choice was better or not.

It's your choice, but I chose to link mine so that it would be easier for the concierge staff at my resort to print my ADR's off for me when I get there.

I just finished making my on-line ADRs and it was really quick and easy. Thanks for the help. We got everything we wanted and at the times we wanted. The only exception was Mamma Melrose was earlier than what I wanted but I will just keep trying to see if something else opens up. Not a big deal since the last time we went there we had a long wait so that would get us to the time we wanted. Thanks for all the help - online is really the best things they have come up with.

I was able to get every one of the ADRs, at the times I wanted, on my 180th day. It was so nice compared to the 90 day fiasco of last year.
I wonder if those who are checking in on Aug 15th are going to have any issues...that would seem to be when free dining is going to be offered, so one would assume that ADRs are going to be harder to get. That's what happened last year, but that was with a 90 day window. Perhaps this year, with the 180 day window, and free dining not officially announced to the general public, it will be easier for those checking in on the 15th to get what they want.

francie57 I am so glad that you got your ADR's done so easily online. :goodvibes I still would rather talk to a human, especially if the call was toll free and they resided here in the USA.

As for the 15th and Free Dining speculation, it sure did make for a mess last year. :headache: I would rather not go during FD because the food quality gets so dumbed down and cheapened. Granted this trip is going to be mostly CS for us, but it's just the principle of it that ticks me off.

We're checking in on the 15th and can make ADRs tomorrow - I'll let you know how it goes =)

I think the 180 days plus the lack of an offer to the general public, is making it easier. :yay: I made my ADRs and got what I wanted. Most of the times are what I request. Others are within a half hour of my ideal ADR. :thumbsup2

I have been planning as much as I can in Mouse Manager, but I can't call for ADR until March 15th.

We check in Aug. 14 - I was not up early enough for the online or first phone calls, so did it at about 7 Central time, and no problems whatsoever. I have CRT at the exact time and day I sought, Chef Mickey, and the rest - all within 15 minutes of my request time or spot on. And, we have a party of 7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter