• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going in Easter 2003

Goofyish

DIS Veteran
There is a slight possiblility that we may be able to go to WDW over Easter next year.

We would be looking to stay on-site and prefer to fly with Virgin from Gatwick.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but how busy is it at Easter, and what is the chance of getting cheap flights - I checked on Expedia and they were quoting £1200 for economy flights with Virgin!!!!

Easter is probably THE most expensive time to go to Florida from the UK.

Demand is always high during school holidays and easter especially so. Very difficult to get seats without booking months in advance.

We are going Easter 2003. Having done some research it would seem that Easter is the busiest time of the year at Disney - busier even than Christmas. It is also one of the most popular times for Brits to go on holiday.
I would be very surprised if you could get a direct flight now at all for Easter. You might get a good deal on a US airline with a stopover though as they are not as popular as the direct flights.

Angela

Originally posted by Goofyish
There is a slight possiblility that we may be able to go to WDW over Easter next year.

We would be looking to stay on-site and prefer to fly with Virgin from Gatwick.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but how busy is it at Easter, and what is the chance of getting cheap flights - I checked on Expedia and they were quoting £1200 for economy flights with Virgin!!!!

We wanted to go on the first Saturday of Easter but couldn't get the flights we wanted. We're now going a week later on the 19th for £441.00 direct to Orlando (MCO) with Virgin booked with ebookers.com.

I've just had a look at their web site and they still have seat with Virgin on those dates. I also looked for the 12th and they have Continental Airlines at £560.

Hope this helps

Mike

Hello,

We are booked for April holidays next year. We booked through virgin travelstore and got it with BA for £425 per adult and £285 for child and thats flying from Aberdeen via Gatwick. We booked that on the 16th of July. You might find it cheaper if you leave a couple of days before the holidays start.

Neil

Having looked at the flight situation, costs and the large crowds at Easter we are now leaning towards going at the end of August. As far as I can tell the crowds, although large are not as bad as Easter. The only downside is the weather being hot and humid with the thunderstorms etc.

Our only other option would be Xmas.

Christmas at Disney is incredible. I stayed onsite at DLP last year and it was marvellous.

Disney World can be very busy and the rates leap up at Christmas. I suspect you will find it only slightly less difficult to get flights then.

Late August is in the heart of 'hurricane season'. I quite like the thunderstorms, they are an experience in themselves. More or less a daily occurance, but the skies soon clear.

Hi Tim

Not easy is it, when you need your Disney Fix but have kids in school! :rolleyes:

As you mentioned Xmas as a possibility, I thought I would post just to say that prices drop on Christmas Day for Virgin packages, I don't know if this applies to flights booked independently though.

We are driving down to Gatwick on Xmas Day (hoping for clear roads while everyone else is eating their Christmas Dinner!) and then flying out to WDW on Boxing Day for 15 nights. It does mean that the children will miss one week of school but we felt that 5 days missed isn't too bad.

If you go before Xmas Day prices are much higher, I'm sure we will still get that Xmas Disney Feelin' turning up on Boxing Day! From what I've read on the Boards, the decorations stay up into the first week of Jan. Another bonus is that as you get into early January, the crowds thin out so we will have some time towards the end of the holiday with shorter queues for the rides.

We got a room half price at the Dolphin with our Disney Club card so it is possible to get a good deal for this time of year. There are actually codes out at the moment which apply up to Xmas Day for Disney Resorts, so if you started your trip on Xmas Day you could get a good deal, you can check out rates folk have got on the codes on www.mousesavers.com

I don't know whether you were thinking of this year or next, I don't think there would be much flight availability for this year now, and prices would have probably leapt up, but it might be worth checking.

Hope this helps, or maybe you know all this already!

Let us know what you finally decide! :D

Tim, April is a lovely time of year to to go to Florida, particularly early April. ( They did have an unseasonal heatwave this April though!)
The on-site resorts fill up on the weekend before Easter weekend.
We have booked for dates just before the price jump but availability for those dates go farther and farther back the longer you leave booking - this isn't a viable alternative if your DW or the children cannot have a few days off from school.
When is Easter 2003?

The schools finish on April 11th for two weeks next year. I have no problem taking the kids out of school - the problem is DW works in a school as a taching assistant, so she can't have any time off during term time. (She did have 5 days un-paid leave last year, but I don't think the good will of the school will allow her to have more time off during term).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter