Going to both parks in one day and food budget question?

tikilyn

DIS Veteran
In May we (3 adults) will be visiting Universal Studios, both parks for one day. We plan to eat counter service meals. Will 60.00 a person cover two counter service meals and 1or 2 snack for the day? We'll also purchase a free style cup to share during our day (not included in the 60.00pp) and order water with our meals.

That should be about right, maybe $65 might be closer if you all get 2 full meals.

Plus $8.49 for a Butterbeer (unless you're considering that as one of the snacks).

Also I am going to throw out a recommendation for Thunder Falls Terrace BBQ - it's really quite tasty, and they are super fast. Those platters are each a lot of food.

I think sounds about right per person. I recommend Florean Fortescue for one of the snacks. Even if you are not a serious Harry Potter fan, it is really good ice-cream. Also, the banana Icee at the Mess Tent near King Kong is fantastic. For an actual meal, Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck is really good.

The Universal app lists restaurants and their pricing. If you are getting combos your budget isn't enough (depending on the restaurant combos come with something extra like a milkshake or side salad) but if you are ordering just a regular meal you should be fine. Most counter/quick service meals are between $12-$20.

I also recommend Thunder Falls, that's a must do for us on every trip.

If you are getting the freestyle cup, you can also get icee's with that as well. Slushes are not included.

Thank you, I think I was just looking for reassurances. We are actually a party of 6 (2 separate families of 3) I'm not worry for my party of 3 if we go over the meal budget but since I'm also planning a budget for the other 3 people, I just wanted to make sure it was enough. They are coming from Mexico and this will be their first trip and we're really excited.

I really wished Universal would bring back their meal deals that they used to offer. It would have made planning and budgeting so much easier.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter