Going to WDW alone?!?!

If you want to keep the deluxe accommodations, then you may want to look into renting DVC points. I've found that to be far more economical than the per night rate Disney charges for a room.

I did this when I flew solo and it was PERFECT! It is cheaper to rent a studio than to pay rack for a value. Get on this if you think you'd be interested. Anyway, I can agree it was a tad awkward dining alone, but I didn't eat anywhere sit-down, so it wasn't that bad. As everyone else has stated, it can be very relaxing going alone. No one to wait for or to cater to; you'll have plenty of fun!

I've never done a solo trip, but really want to. In July I'm going to hitch a ride with my parents, sister, her kids, her oldest boy's girlfriend, my other niece and her fiance to Disneyland. Exactly the opposite of a solo trip, but I plan to ditch them all! The two older couples will likely go off on their own, my parents and sister will stick with her 10 year old, and since I will be child free I will run away to do what I want when I want. They will likely want to meet up for a couple of meals, but I am so looking forward to the Blue Bayou all alone. Everyone in my family is super picky (except me), and the last time we went it was an ordeal finding something for everyone on the menu (but we got it done with a couple of special requests). I want to go in, sit at waterside and order something awesome while I watch the ride boats go by, then go ride POTC a bunch of times without anyone complaining that they want to go somewhere else.

Have a great time!

So glad you decided to go, I loved going solo a few years back and would do it again. You can sleep in, eat wherever/whenever you like, do as much or as little as you want. It was fabulous. I was actually given more attention at sit downs than when with people, and never felt uncomfortable. You can take everything in at your own pace. Love that you stayed at the Yacht Club, spending money on yourself is a good thing :)

Oh! Have you thought about booking a couple of tours? I've decided I'm going to do the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour at DLR. It's not something that my kids would enjoy, but I think it will be awesome. There are lots of tours at WDW as well, the Key to the Kingdom tour takes you through the utilidoors, which is something I would love to see. I know that sometimes when I'm somewhere alone it helps to join a group doing something like that, if only to have a little bit of conversation with others aside from polite chit chat in lines.

Oh! Have you thought about booking a couple of tours? I've decided I'm going to do the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour at DLR. It's not something that my kids would enjoy, but I think it will be awesome. There are lots of tours at WDW as well, the Key to the Kingdom tour takes you through the utilidoors, which is something I would love to see. I know that sometimes when I'm somewhere alone it helps to join a group doing something like that, if only to have a little bit of conversation with others aside from polite chit chat in lines.

I'm really excited to keep hearing everyone's opinion on travelling alone . I'm very much looking forward to my solo trip! As for the tours I currently have 2 booked. "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" and "Keys to the Kingdom"! Ive never done a tour considering the amount of times I've been there, and I'm looking forward to going on my first!:cool1:

Just booked my next solo trip for Apr 28-May 3. I need a quick break since I can't make it to Oct w/o some sort of vacay. I love my solo trips cause I can do/eat whatever I want, which means Earl of Sandwich EVERYDAY!!!! Gonna get an Annual Pass since I'll be back in October and it's cheaper to do that instead of an 8 day with no expiration

Hi,
I have done solo twice now. I love those trips. No one to ask what do you want to do or anything. I stayed at POP and POR.

April I go down on my Disneymoon and then October I do another solo trip. I booked myself into the princess room at POR. :rotfl2: I am looking forward to relaxing.

I did sit down meals and just sat there and ate. No book as I did not want to take anything with me.

You will have a great trip and just enjoy.

I've gone 3 times by myself I liked it better I got to do all the things I wanted to
When I went with friends I had to do all the boring stuff they wanted to do like spend hours in the stores

The first time I went a lone I stayed at the all stars movies with the dining plane for 6 nights it was amazing I had a blast
Make sure you get the dining plan it so worth it

I am on my own 2nd Oct 2012 and a little excited and nervous at the same time. Partner staying home as he isnt interested in parks. At least I get to fly Upper lol

Hello Everyone! Let me introduce myself my name is Marc and I live in Asheville, NC. I'm 28 years old and a big Disney freak. I'm somewhat of a regular on the Disboards...more of a stalker then a talker. To make this story short I planned a trip to Disney (April 30 to May 7th) with a friend of mine. He canceled as of today and I still plan on going. I used to live in South Florida and was able to visit Disney at the drop of a hat. Since moving further north I've been relegated to visit 1-2 x's a year. I wasn't able to visit last year due to many family problems. Well, my initials plans where to stay at the Yacht Club concierge level; but I just can't fathom spending that kind of money now that I'm going alone. I've stayed on all of Disney properties except for the value properties and was tinkering with the idea of staying there for my 8 days while at WDW. Any thoughts or opinions on property locations? I also planned for a sit down dinners for the 8 days I was there and now I'm thinking of how silly I might look dining alone....should I just cancel them? I look forward to any and all feed back and Happy belated Valentine's Day!

So Marc, how was your trip? I stayed in Yacht Club Concierge a few years back and it was glorious (running into Vincent D'Onofrio at breakfast - he was staying across the hall - didn't hurt either! :) )

I hope that you had a magnificent time. Just to echo the other posters, I am happily single and have never really had an issue with traveling alone. Whether it's just for me time, or time to "meet others", it's always left me with good memories. I thoroughly endorse it!

found a cheap flight today so I'm going solo again Aug 18-23 YAY!!!! I lost out on my cross border shopping trip cause of staff holidays and inventory so this is the next best thing. I love that I bought an annual pass!!!

found a cheap flight today so I'm going solo again Aug 18-23 YAY!!!! I lost out on my cross order shopping trip cause of staff holidays and inventory so this is the next best thing. I love that I bought an annual pass!!!

Congratulations! Sounds great :)

I'm going to WDW in late November (after Thanksgiving) for 5 days (so far)...I have a room booked at POP with free QS Dining...a friend will be at WDW at the same time I'm going so I'm sure I'll be doing some park touring with her...plus a family I know is also traveling when I am, so I will finally get to meet them in person (we're good Facebook freinds, but never met yet)...so technically I am going solo...I can't wait to just 'do' WDW on my own, eat when I wanna eat, ride the attractions I want to ride, do whatever I want to when I want to...YEAH!!!

It's a blast going solo and just meeting up with people here and there. I'm going next month and have made plans to see my Aunt for dinner at DTD one evening. I am looking forward to doing a whole character hunt!!! Gonna see how many I can meet in one day :)

I went to WDW alone in 2009 for my birthday for a few days. I had a ball! It's not something I regularly do, but birthdays only come once so I spent it having fun at Disney. I defintely don't regret it. I stayed at All Star Music and it was fine for me. I didn't spend much time in the room, but it was comfortable for the time I was there. Like others have said, some rides you don't mind going on alone, but others you would rather have someone with you. I would do it again. Actually.. I keep debating on a Disney Cruise alone because nobody wants to go with me.

I went to WDW alone in 2009 for my birthday for a few days. I had a ball! It's not something I regularly do, but birthdays only come once so I spent it having fun at Disney. I defintely don't regret it. I stayed at All Star Music and it was fine for me. I didn't spend much time in the room, but it was comfortable for the time I was there. Like others have said, some rides you don't mind going on alone, but others you would rather have someone with you. I would do it again. Actually.. I keep debating on a Disney Cruise alone because nobody wants to go with me.

This year's Wine and Dine half marathon weekend will coincide with my birthday and I will be solo. Looking to have a blast!

Its their loss not going on DCL. I've been solo there too. Only downfall is the single supplement you need to pay.

Coming from someone with 3 small kids, a solo trip sounds like pure heaven. You can do whatever you want, on your schedule. Sounds wonderful!!

By the way if you are a fan of post-apocalyptic novels (like The Stand) I would also recommend Swan Song and The Passage.

Have a great trip!!

This year's Wine and Dine half marathon weekend will coincide with my birthday and I will be solo. Looking to have a blast!

Its their loss not going on DCL. I've been solo there too. Only downfall is the single supplement you need to pay.

Ugh.. I saw that fee. I understand why they do it, but I don't like it anyway. :lmao:

I've just booked my solo trip for my birthday in November! I've been a couple of times solo in the past, and always had a great time. As previous posters have said, the freedom is soooooo refreshing! I'm not doing as many sit down meals as I might with a travelling partner, but that's mostly to save some dough. I'm staying that POP, and am so psyched!:cool1:

I've always been to Disney with friends or with large groups of people, but it looks like I might be going solo for the Princess 1/2 in Feb. I'm pretty excited, it'll be a new experience in the best place ever! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter