Golden Horseshoe refurbishment?

karylrocks

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....
I have seen the dates for this posted as May 15 to June 15, but the DL calendar has shows scheduled through the end of May and none for June. It does not, however, list the GH under the ride closures at all. Does anyone know for sure when it will be closed? We will be there June 27-30 and I am hoping to catch a show.

It's been pushed back to sometime in September now. No matter, there's no way the guys could afford not to perform for a month (they all have families to support), so they would have been performing somewhere in Frontierland (probably Big Thunder Ranch) during the refurb (and will be whenever it does get done).

When is the refurbishment? We will be there the first week in June will the Golden Horseshoe be closed?

Thanks

Jenn

Aw, that stinks! So, is the latest news or whatnot about Billy Hill and the guys that they may not be returning? (I gather from this post, anyway)

why are they doing a refurb anyway? i went after xmas and didnt notice anything wrong with it.

The GH was originally scheduled to have a refurb (and yes, it does need it--floor is a bit uneven, stage needs refinishing, sound system could use some work, and I'd love to see new tables and chairs) from May 15 to June 16 (reopen June 17), but with the way the crowds have been, they decided to push it back to September (probably in the second half would be my guess and I wouldn't be at all suprised if it was pushed back further). The Billys have no intention of leaving DL and they have WAY too big a fan base (people like me who come to DL primarily to see them) for DL to let them go. I have no idea where anyone got the idea that they may not be returning. Even whenever it does go down for refurb, they will be performing somewhere in Frontierland (probably Big Thunder Ranch) during that period and will be back in the Golden Horseshoe when it reopens.

Yeah! this is our first trip to DL and I want to see as much as we can because we never know when we will be back. Thanks for the info.

Jenn :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter