Golfing Discounts for renters

newbydisney

DIS Veteran
I am sure this has been asked and answered ...but I can't find it ...can non DVC memebers get DVC golf discount if staying at resort on rented points? ( Assuming they are renting from someone that has Golf Membership)

I am sure this has been asked and answered ...but I can't find it ...can non DVC memebers get DVC golf discount if staying at resort on rented points? ( Assuming they are renting from someone that has Golf Membership)

No. I emailed DVC about a year ago to ask if my step father would be able to buy the golf membership (I'm not a golfer myself, thus no membership for me) and was told that the perk is available to DVC members only.

No DVC perks are supposed to be extended to renters. You get the "standards" - ME, EMH, you can buy the DDP - but you aren't supposed to get Valet Parking, Golf Discounts, be eligible to pool hop or get discounts at restaurants. The reality is that some of this sometimes gets extended based on having "DVC Member on your room key" - but the golf discount is not one of them. Moreover, the golf discount for DVC members is a "pay for a card" deal - so you'd have to pay for about four rounds to make it break even.

My recollection is ONLY the member and possibly some they pay for that are with them, can get the discount. The member has to be physically present and playing technically though YMMV.

Moreover, the golf discount for DVC members is a "pay for a card" deal - so you'd have to pay for about four rounds to make it break even.

The annual DVC golf membership currently costs $50.00 and is good for the member and 3 guests. We always get the membership and normally are able to use it for two Disney trips just like the annual park passes. The break even for the membership varies by season, but we have always found that after the first time DW and I play on a trip the membership has paid for itself (that would be 2 rounds). Since we usually travel with other golfing couples, we almost always have foursomes and play mulitple times on each trip so our return on investment is usually pretty high on the golf membership

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter