Golfing solo?

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever gone golfing at WDW solo? I'm going to arrive before my family next month and would love to go play, but I'm a very mediocre golfer (95-100 per round) and am a little concerned about the fact that they pair you up with other golfers. I'd hate to ruin someone else's round.

If anyone has done this, I'd love to know how it works. Do they pair you up in a cart with someone you don't know, do you get your own cart, etc?

Thanks!

Anyone ever gone golfing at WDW solo? I'm going to arrive before my family next month and would love to go play, but I'm a very mediocre golfer (95-100 per round) and am a little concerned about the fact that they pair you up with other golfers. I'd hate to ruin someone else's round.

Don't worry about it. I usually shoot in the 90's on the WDW courses and I also am a solo player. Every time I have been paired with others to complete a foursome, we have all been within 10 shots of each other either way. I've always had a blast and nobody's round was ruined.

If anyone has done this, I'd love to know how it works. Do they pair you up in a cart with someone you don't know, do you get your own cart, etc?

Thanks!

They will try to hook you up with others if it's busy. But if it's slow, they will let you go off on your own. Out of 10 rounds I have gone completely solo 3 times.

Don't worry about it. I usually shoot in the 90's on the WDW courses and I also am a solo player. Every time I have been paired with others to complete a foursome, we have all been within 10 shots of each other either way. I've always had a blast and nobody's round was ruined.

They will try to hook you up with others if it's busy. But if it's slow, they will let you go off on your own. Out of 10 rounds I have gone completely solo 3 times.

Thanks for the feedback. Following up - what's your favorite course?

My DH has been golfing solo every trip since 2002. (Only way I get him to Disney lol). He has played with all abilities. One time he played with the field goal kicker from the Packers. He could rip the ball but had a lousy short game lol. DH has always enjoyed himself. This year he will p!ay with our son. Just remember to call guest services the night before to get your voucher for a cab ride back and forth to the course. The boys are playing Magnolia on our November trip.

I have done it a few times always had a good experience... I am a average golfer 85 to 95...never felt that I was slowing people up...Guy actually gave me a ton of tips last time I played there I shot a 90, he shot a 74... Dont worry just have a great time

Thanks for the feedback. Following up - what's your favorite course?

You're welcome.

Magnolia - Longer with more water and traps. More traditional tour style course. More challenging.
Palm - Shorter and a little easier to play. More palm trees, you know you're playing a course in Florida.

They are both really nice courses and I like to play them both. But I do prefer Magnolia a little more.

I think you'll be fine. When I started playing golf my dad told me you can hit the ball 100 times as long as you are ready when it's your turn and you don't hold anyone up. Seems people have more patience for a below average golfer who plays ready golf than a good golfer who plays very slow. Worst that can happen if having a bad hole pick up the ball and move on to the next hole.

I have golfed solo the past couple trips and will be doing so again in late october. I have never had a problem with anyone. I average about the same as you and no one ever said a word to me. Most of the time the people with you are on vacation as well so they are all relaxed. The last couple of times out I played with some really good players and we were done in 4.25 hours and did not seem rushed at all.

DH has been golfing @disney over 25 years - some courses no longer there. Hardest course is Magnolia - best bet is Lake Buena Vista or Palm - as long as you play at a steady pace. Do not agree with Magnolia as your first choice - longest & hardest.

DH has been golfing @disney over 25 years - some courses no longer there. Hardest course is Magnolia - best bet is Lake Buena Vista or Palm - as long as you play at a steady pace. Do not agree with Magnolia as your first choice - longest & hardest.

I agree with this! Magnolia was hard. We played at Lake Buena Vista last time and it was very nice. My son loved it so much that he spent his own money to play a second time. My husband and son got paired up with a retired Disney executive and they had the best day! He was very patient with my son who is new to golfing and they loved spending the day with him hearing all about what he worked on for Disney.

My DH plays 3 rounds of golf every time we go (it seems the more rounds he plays the more often he agrees to go to Disney LOL). He plays early in the AM & is usually out solo or w/ just 1 other solo as well. He also takes lessons with the pro there each time, he enjoys those a lot too.

My husband has done this before and he really enjoyed it! He is not the greatest golfer so he was a bit hesitant as well. It was fine. He had a great time.

I don't play but from my friends who do play golf, doesn't the beer sort of even the playing field?;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter