Good place to stay when arriving really late, so as not to waste a DVC night.?

Chili327

DIS Veteran
As the title says... Looking for a decent place to stay (somewhere between MCO & WDW), where I won't be doing much but sleeping, but also not looking for a dive. I saw this Double Tree was fairly close and decently priced. Has anyone ever stayed there or have any insight? (or other suggestions)

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs® Area​

As the title says... Looking for a decent place to stay (somewhere between MCO & WDW), where I won't be doing much but sleeping, but also not looking for a dive. I saw this Double Tree was fairly close and decently priced. Has anyone ever stayed there or have any insight? (or other suggestions)

That hotel is a Disney Springs hotel. Be sure to compare all pricing options for it, often there are specials. Used to stay there often but haven't in years (due to climbing fees). I would think for one night it be fine. And that puts you minutes into the parks if you start your days early.

To add: We have done this often, one night before a longer package stay. We pack one small tiny bag to take in with what we need just that night. Rest of bags stay in trunk (other than computers etc).

Last edited:
I like the All Stars, whichever is cheapest. It allows you to use Disney's luggage transfer service the next day and get to the parks early if you want to.

I think we stayed at TownePlace Suites Orlando at FLAMINGO CROSSINGS® Town Center/Western Entrance

Free breakfast and right across the street from the west side entrance.

Thanks all. I'll look into the suggestions.

I'm not going into any parks that next day, I just want to be able to get to AKV early as possible to enjoy it and not waste my first night by arriving at 10pm... I may just look into a Red Eye flight instead, 2 birds, one stone. ;)

Thanks all. I'll look into the suggestions.

I'm not going into any parks that next day, I just want to be able to get to AKV early as possible to enjoy it and not waste my first night by arriving at 10pm... I may just look into a Red Eye flight instead, 2 birds, one stone. ;)
Actually just stayed at the Double Tree in Disney Springs last week for one night, the lobby is going through a remodel and had a room on the top floor that looked newly remodeled, very clean, and overall very nice. Wouldn’t hesitate to book again

Actually just stayed at the Double Tree in Disney Springs last week for one night, the lobby is going through a remodel and had a room on the top floor that looked newly remodeled, very clean, and overall very nice. Wouldn’t hesitate to book again
Good to know. Thanks!!

Did you have any issues with hot water there?

We usually stay in a Flamingo Crossing hotel if we come in early. We go with whichever is cheapest, but we like the hiltons best and choose those when we can. It's a very quick jaunt to pop into our hotel and get into a park for early entry. We usually stay at pop, head over around 7, check in and make and verify room requests received, then head to early entry at a park. We drive, though, so that makes it much easier. If we didn't drive, I'd just book a single night at pop.....

I usually have enough points available for a free night at the Hyatt right there in MCO, so we just stay there when we're coming on a late flight the night before WDW check-in. We often check in on Sundays and that seems to be a day with limited nonstop flights (we fly SW) from our home airport to MCO. They're usually like 6, 7, or even 8 o'clock PM flights. So, we fly down the night before and use points to stay at the MCO Hyatt.

This May that's the plan right now, though I'm strongly considering just flying down the day before at an earlier time (more times available on Saturdays) and going ahead to a Disney resort for one afternoon/night before transferring to our DVC rental (VGF). It's more money...but it'd be more fun, lol.

Last edited:
I don't know when you are going, but maybe look at using OTU points for OKW for a studio for the night.
I suggested OKW since they should have the lowest point chart.
Let us know what you end up deciding.

I don't know when you are going, but maybe look at using OTU points for OKW for a studio for the night.
I suggested OKW since they should have the lowest point chart.
Let us know what you end up deciding.
Nope, nothing available... Jan 26.
But @14points for $20 = $280, so I'm sure I can save $100 or so on a regular hotel... just don't want it to be a bad stay.

I usually have enough points available for a free night at the Hyatt right there in MCO, so we just stay there when we're coming on a late flight the night before WDW check-in. We often check in on Sundays and that seems to be a day with limited nonstop flights (we fly SW) from our home airport to MCO. They're usually like 6, 7, or even 8 o'clock PM flights. So, we fly down the night before and use points to stay at the MCO Hyatt.

This May that's the plan right now, though I'm strongly considering just flying down the day before at an earlier time (more times available on Saturdays) and going ahead to a Disney resort for one afternoon/night before transferring to our DVC rental (VGF). It's more money...but it'd be more fun, lol.
I actually do have some points I've never used, I may look into that.!!

We did the springhill at the Marriott village last time we flew in and arrived at like 1:30am. Nice breakfast in the AM! But the Hyatt at MCO is 🏆

We did the springhill at the Marriott village last time we flew in and arrived at like 1:30am. Nice breakfast in the AM! But the Hyatt at MCO is 🏆
Good to hear!!
Sounds like i can't go wrong with the 2 im looking at. Probably will just come down to price.. or if a RedEye flight makes more sense at the time.

there is a hotel right in the terminal that my wife seems to like.
She has had good luck there
Yea, Hyatt Regency.. I'm sure it is really nice, but unfortunately its $480. :(
… at that price id just rent some points and stay an extra night at AKL. lol

Good to hear!!
Sounds like i can't go wrong with the 2 im looking at. Probably will just come down to price.. or if a RedEye flight makes more sense at the time.

Yea, Hyatt Regency.. I'm sure it is really nice, but unfortunately its $480. :(
… at that price id just rent some points and stay an extra night at AKL. lol
wow,
she usually pays less than 200
Have you tried DVC cash room I got a pretty good deal at CCV recently...

Yea, Hyatt Regency.. I'm sure it is really nice, but unfortunately its $480.
Yikes! No way! I've never seen it that high. I have only paid for a room there once, and that was during the Southwest fiasco last Christmas when we were basically stranded and I had no points at the time. I think it was $300ish then?

Yeah, I wouldn't dare pay $480. I wouldn't pay $300 again, actually. If I don't have enough points for it by the time we get closer to the trip, I'll just book Pop Century for the night and get the luggage transferred to VGF the next day while we're at the parks. The MCO Hyatt is nice (humungous TVs for some reason...comfy beds too), but I'd rather be on WDW property if I'm going to pay hundreds for a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter