Goodbye, Maxpass. Hello, Disney Genie.

I don’t think it will be that soon at DL. We would be hearing about CMs going to training sessions, signage change outs, etc. at least a month+ prior to launch.

Supposedly there's been training at Lincoln theater all this month with it scheduled to end next week. I'm only repeating what others have said. I have no inside

I don’t think it will be that soon at DL. We would be hearing about CMs going to training sessions, signage change outs, etc. at least a month+ prior to launch.

LOL. Nope. They are gonna switch out those signs the night before or a week prior at the most.

Cast members have *mostly* all been trained but they were NOT told when Genie will launch. The CM was like "We are all hearing early October to coincide with the launch of the 50th anniversary celebration over at Walt Disney World. It should just start now because it's ready to go, so we're not sure what they are waiting for. It could be any day now "

Cast members have *mostly* all been trained but they were NOT told when Genie will launch. The CM was like "We are all hearing early October to coincide with the launch of the 50th anniversary celebration over at Walt Disney World. It should just start now because it's ready to go, so we're not sure what they are waiting for. It could be any day now "

Thanks for asking and posting it! I get there next weekend so it would be nice to know. Im prepared either way thanks to this board

Well MaxPass always said 90 mins or until you scan at that ride (which ever is first), but often times it let you after an hour. So I will be interested to see if LL will be actually 90 mins vs 2 hours they are stating.

Well MaxPass always said 90 mins or until you scan at that ride (which ever is first), but often times it let you after an hour. So I will be interested to see if LL will be actually 90 mins vs 2 hours they are stating.

It sometimes let you after only 30 minutes, in the mornings.

I think this system will be similarly fluid but they aren't gonna publish that ahead of time.

I am on the fence if I will get 1 to 3 days of Genie+ for my park days. It is the same cost as Photopass per day but Genie + is photopass and Lightening Lane. Then again I may not buy Genie+ any of the time, because we will have Free pics at the first night of Merriest Nites after hours party and that and selfies is probably enough.

It sometimes let you after only 30 minutes, in the mornings.

I think this system will be similarly fluid but they aren't gonna publish that ahead of time.

Yea and after 1 hr was common if the park was not slammed busy. So people's mileage varied on this. I cannot imagine they stick to the 2 hrs. While I'd like to still be able to add it to my Magic Keys for $100 it is probably better we cannot. Most Magic Key holders will only add this every once in awhile if at all. And with that and no free ones it hopefully will not make standby lines grow as crazy as FP did.

Yea and after 1 hr was common if the park was not slammed busy. So people's mileage varied on this. I cannot imagine they stick to the 2 hrs.

But remember, it's 2 hours OR as soon as you redeem a LL reservation. There weren't too many rides that had long waits for fastpass windows in the past, and now given the lack of a free lightning lane option, I really think return times will be within short periods of time from when you book them. I have a feeling a lot of people won't buy Genie at Disneyland and you'll be able to hit rides one after the other in quick succession if you do buy it, especially on weekdays when it's less crowded.

No, it was a 90 minute maximum, but otherwise it was when your return window opened (after a 30-minute minimum or you scanned in, if that was sooner than 30 minutes).

Other than the fact that the 30-minute minimum was added a few weeks into its run, Maxpass was 100% consistent on when you could get the next one, regardless of crowd levels, time of day, or anything like that.

ETA, after reading a few more posts, just want to reiterate that Maxpass was not "fluid" at all, so I would not expect Genie+ to be unless they've really changed up their system.

Rumor via WDWMagic: "Disney is yet to make an official announcement on a live date, but since our last update, sources tell us that the rollout of Disney Genie has been pushed back a couple of weeks, shifting from the first week to the third week of October 2021. Timings may shift further, and until officially announced by Disney, should be treated as speculation. For the west coast, the debut at Disneyland is expected a few weeks later."

Folks on this site/board have been spot on the past year with their rumors so figured I'd share. Wish they'd just rip the band off and do it already.

Rumor via WDWMagic: "Disney is yet to make an official announcement on a live date, but since our last update, sources tell us that the rollout of Disney Genie has been pushed back a couple of weeks, shifting from the first week to the third week of October 2021. Timings may shift further, and until officially announced by Disney, should be treated as speculation. For the west coast, the debut at Disneyland is expected a few weeks later."

Folks on this site/board have been spot on the past year with their rumors so figured I'd share. Wish they'd just rip the band off and do it already.

Disney seems to be having regrets about this system. If they were confident in its ability to generate revenue, they'd have released it already. Why leave money on the table? Something is up. I suspect we will *magically* get the ability to add Genie+ to annual passes at launch and we see the Individual Attraction Selection feature go bye-bye.

The backlash was bad and they HAVE to be tweaking something.

Disney seems to be having regrets about this system. If they were confident in its ability to generate revenue, they'd have released it already. Why leave money on the table? Something is up. I suspect we will *magically* get the ability to add Genie+ to annual passes at launch and we see the Individual Attraction Selection feature go bye-bye.

I always enjoy reading your take on things. I hope you are right! I was so happy my boys (21, 18, 15) were able to hit both RotR and WS for their first time a couple weeks ago. They had a 1 day park hopper on a Saturday, so I was worried. I will never use the IAS feature.

Individual Attraction Selection. Has there ever been a worse name for an official offering? Could it possibly sound any more like a line item on a corporate accounting spreadsheet? That may be what they call it behind the scenes, but how on earth is that the actual publicly announced name?

Some other favorites:
Reduced Overhead Walkway
After Hours Upcharge Event
High Profit Margin Dinner
Impulse Purchase Cart
Limited Time Cash Grab Offering
Nostalgia Gouge

Sadly, I doubt the delay is due to any reconsidering of the program. I hope you are right, though.

I don’t like the IAS part of the program, but honestly I don’t think the results of eliminating the free FPs are necessarily going to be bad. I do wish there was an option to add it to the keys, like MaxPass, but otherwise I’m taking a wait and see approach.

I always enjoy reading your take on things. I hope you are right! I was so happy my boys (21, 18, 15) were able to hit both RotR and WS for their first time a couple weeks ago. They had a 1 day park hopper on a Saturday, so I was worried. I will never use the IAS feature.

I also find it pretty interesting that the Standby line for RotR this last few days at WDW hasn't been bad at ALL. Seems like that "plan" backfired on them too. Who is going to be willing to pay for an Individual Attraction Selection for a ride that has an average Standby wait of only about an hour? And from most reports, that hour is typically more like 35-45 minutes.

Nothing about this is going the way Disney thought it would.

Individual Attraction Selection. Has there ever been a worse name for an official offering? Could it possibly sound any more like a line item on a corporate accounting spreadsheet? That may be what they call it behind the scenes, but how on earth is that the actual publicly announced name?

Some other favorites:
Reduced Overhead Walkway
After Hours Upcharge Event
High Profit Margin Dinner
Impulse Purchase Cart
Limited Time Cash Grab Offering
Nostalgia Gouge

For real. Like, why not just go with Lightning Lane+?

I also find it pretty interesting that the Standby line for RotR this last few days at WDW hasn't been bad at ALL. Seems like that "plan" backfired on them too. Who is going to be willing to pay for an Individual Attraction Selection for a ride that has an average Standby wait of only about an hour? And from most reports, that hour is typically more like 35-45 minutes.

Nothing about this is going the way Disney thought it would.

Exactly. I downloaded the WDW app specifically to watch the wait times for RotR for a couple days. I was pretty surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter