Got a new Toad

Stratman50th

Loving all things Fort Wilderness!
So the old Tahoe has served us well for 11 years now. Lot's of trips from MD to Florida over that time. 124k miles on the clock and she's been drug behind the coach over 50k. We're moving toward that phase where we're looking to take more trips and wanted reliability and flexibility. A big thing was being able to load the golf cart in the bed so it would be available and still have grown up sized transportation when we get someplace.
So we traded the Tahoe in on a new Sierra. Here's a couple pictures of it on the lot. When I test drove it I brought it home to see if it would fit in the garage. It did..... barely. There's inches to spare at the garage door, but just....
New Sierra 1.jpg
New Sierra 2.jpg

Next step is a hard Tonneau, I like the Undercover brand. They only weigh about 60lbs and I can take it completely off myself when we need the use of a full bed.
Most important so it can be towed is the base plate and wiring, and I'm going to install a battery disconnect switch on the negative side to make it easier to shut off when we tow.
Now all I have to do is get used to all the weird electronic stuff that nobody needs!

Last edited:
Next step is a hard Tonneau, I like the Undercover brand. They only weigh about 60lbe and I can take it completely off myself when we need the use of a full bed.
Most important so it can be towed is the base plate and wiring, and I'm going to install a battery disconnect switch on the negative side to make it easier to shut off when we tow.
Now all I have to do is get used to all the weird electronic stuff that nobody needs!
We have had one since 2018, love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter