GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

Some have noticed that the AP dates are gone for Epcot on May 16, 18, 19, 20, 21 which means Disney has pulled some Reservations back to account for the ones they'll assign to AP's with preview spots
That's very few dates though, most previews have been more than 5 days so I'd like to think it's more than those dates. Who knows why those are now gone. Maybe some AP think they need to book reservations too?
Well those dates cover my trip. But if it’s such a short window that’s not a lot of availability and would go fast. Hope everyone on this post gets a spot!

Also does anyone see a notification for this post and immediately think it’s someone posting it’s live or is that just me lol

Lots of EPCOT dates in May unavailable for AP holders.
I don't think it was that way just a couple of days ago. I wonder if they pulled the park reservations from Epcot so they can include them with with the previews and not flood the rest of the park with people.

If that's the case, it's a good sign for us because the week that's mostly gone is the week we will be there.

Well those dates cover my trip. But if it’s such a short window that’s not a lot of availability and would go fast. Hope everyone on this post gets a spot!

Also does anyone see a notification for this post and immediately think it’s someone posting it’s live or is that just me lol
Honestly, at this point in the day, not so much. Earlier this morning, yes.

Lots of EPCOT dates in May unavailable for AP holders.

Here's the current, non-Resort stay AP calendar, as of right now
May 4th is Hollywood Studios, obviously, LOL
10, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 27, Epcot
No other days are sold out of any park yet
Screenshot 2022-04-06 145643.png

Does anyone have a feeling for what might be the most likely preview dates?

Feeling.... Remy was four week before, with a few dates blocked out during that time, and then a couple of days just before opening to the public were blocked out as well.

Really anytime from the 1st of May on.... doubt it would be before that. With Remy the announcement came a month before the previews started. If I were betting... May 7th thru May 24th with every Tuesday blocked out.

(but I wouldn't put money on it)

Last edited:

I feel seen.

Some have noticed that the AP dates are gone for Epcot on May 16, 18, 19, 20, 21 which means Disney has pulled some Reservations back to account for the ones they'll assign to AP's with preview spots
That's very few dates though, most previews have been more than 5 days so I'd like to think it's more than those dates. Who knows why those are now gone. Maybe some AP think they need to book reservations too?
Pandora was 10 days, but had two rides, new store and new restaurant.

Galaxy Edge was only 5 days, I think because they only had one ride (not the big one) maybe they expected less demand.

Then Remy had 12 days, perhaps to pull more families into the park.

Pulling into the park isn't a problem anymore, this has height restrictions so it could be anything, even just 5 days ... perhaps the Blocked Out dates do mean something 16 and 18-21 right now. Haven't they usually held the days prior to official opening for Media and VIP previews, which would be next week?

My only thought is the preview is to test the ride operations, making sure things are running smoothly as they can prior to opening. As much as to pull people in. More so really. No amount of testing of staff can replace general public testing. And you want as many bugs out prior to the general public coming as you can get. That's what the AP are for. Well, other CM, then AP, and DVC, etc. The previews are to give you your test subjects. Sure they are good for word of mouth advertising too. But #1 they are for your test subjects. I guess only they know how many days they think are needed for a given ride

My only thought is the preview is to test the ride operations, making sure things are running smoothly prior to opening. As much as to pull people in. More so really. No amount of testing of staff can replace general public testing. And you want as many bugs out prior to the general public coming as you can get. That's what the AP are for. Well, other CM, then AP, and DVC, etc. The previews are to give you your test subjects. Sure they are good for word of mouth advertising too. But #1 they are for your test subjects. I guess only they know how many days they think are needed for a given ride

So what you're saying - or Disney PR might be trying to tell me is the reason I didn't get the email for previews is because they value me so much as a customer, they don't want to disappoint me with a sub-par experience during testing? :) Kidding of course!

Pandora was 10 days, but had two rides, new store and new restaurant.

Galaxy Edge was only 5 days, I think because they only had one ride (not the big one) maybe they expected less demand.

Then Remy had 12 days, perhaps to pull more families into the park.

Pulling into the park isn't a problem anymore, this has height restrictions so it could be anything, even just 5 days ... perhaps the Blocked Out dates do mean something 16 and 18-21 right now. Haven't they usually held the days prior to official opening for Media and VIP previews, which would be next week?
What did Mickey/Minnie's have?
Or Rise?
I haven't the energy or even knowledge to go back and find the info.
Ride complexity may have a lot to do with it. I'm just tossing out thoughts, not sure by any means. But I do know previews are to test full on operations in addition to encourage excitement in rides. These have replaced soft openings which used to test full on operations.
I know when we had our preview ride on Mickey/Minnie it had a problem (which we never have figured out) and they pulled us and had us ride again.

My only thought is the preview is to test the ride operations, making sure things are running smoothly as they can prior to opening. As much as to pull people in. More so really. No amount of testing of staff can replace general public testing. And you want as many bugs out prior to the general public coming as you can get. That's what the AP are for. Well, other CM, then AP, and DVC, etc. The previews are to give you your test subjects. Sure they are good for word of mouth advertising too. But #1 they are for your test subjects. I guess only they know how many days they think are needed for a given ride
That’s what happened with pandora. Those in the beginning had a lot of issues that got worked on throughout the previews. We had the last day and it all worked, but I heard a lot of others had to deal with bugs in the system

What did Mickey/Minnie's have?
Or Rise?
I haven't the energy or even knowledge to go back and find the info.
Ride complexity may have a lot to do with it. I'm just tossing out thoughts, not sure by any means. But I do know previews are to test full on operations in addition to encourage excitement in rides. These have replaced soft openings which used to test full on operations.
I know when we had our preview ride on Mickey/Minnie it had a problem (which we never have figured out) and they pulled us and had us ride again.
I think MMRR just had soft opens outside of cast preview I know SDMT was a soft open and we waited maybe an hour and they kept saying over the PA that this was a test run and the ride could close at any time

I think MMRR just had soft opens outside of cast preview I know SDMT was a soft open and we waited maybe an hour and they kept saying over the PA that this was a test run and the ride could close at any time
I know 7D had soft openings. It may have been the last ride to have them. Can’t remember if Pandora did

I thought we had a preview for Railway. I know we came down in March about 4, 5 days before the Covid shut down. Very quick trip just to do the ride. We stayed at WL, first people to stay in the room upon it reopening from remodeling. I think it has reopened the floor the day before we arrived. When we left they had started putting out sanitizer dispensers. Maybe we’d just been able to book FP on opening day? Just too long and too much happened to remember.

Just saw information was released for D23 previews May 15. Are those typically before or after the annual passholder time?

Is there zero chance of riding this before opening as part of general public? We are there 5/12-23. A disney visa card holder soft opening perhaps? :)

Is there zero chance of riding this before opening as part of general public? We are there 5/12-23. A disney visa card holder soft opening perhaps? :)
Unlikely, but you never know. I’ve heard of other rides where people were walking by and got invited to go on the ride when nothing was going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter