GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

What a crazy morning! I can't believe how crazy it was ... running DVC and AP at the same time was definitely surprising. I was in the DVC queue with multiple browsers and NONE of mine were anywhere close to the front of the line - Maybe bad karma from Disney for leaking that DVC link early? :rotfl2:

At the same time the DVC queues were loading, I heard the sound that plays to say it is your turn to enter the website, I was going crazy looking through the DVC ones to see which one had loaded and I couldn't find one - and then I saw a post that said the AP previews were also live.

As we were approaching 9am, I happened to load up a bunch of browser windows with the AP link and they were all hitting, telling me it was my turn - I finally figured it out and was able to grab May 8th which just so happens to be the last day I'm at WDW.

Then had to convince the wife to change our flights, extend hotel and rental car ... phew, I hope I didn't forget anything!

I still don't have a confirmation on my AP preview though - but I know it processed because when I tried to go back into the AP Preview link to see what the dates were (I clicked so fast I didn't remember what they all were) - it said I had already registered. I do have a screenshot and PDF of the website confirmation though (thanks to whoever recommended that!)

Been a fun filled last week or so since the original preview email dropped checking every day to see if the preview went live - congrats to everyone who got into the preview - now I'm moving on to trying to get Moonlight Magic at Hollywood Studios, another nail biter but at least I know the date/time ahead of schedule! :)

I'm exhausted from all of the excitement - I wish I could go take a nap!
Thanks so much for helping us all here!

I had a similar experience I was no where near the front of the DVC line and I happen to click on these boards and I saw someone's post that they had gotten in for the AP preview so I clicked the link on the first page and got in so fast and was able to pick a day/time. Still no confirmation email (been checking spam all day too) I have a saved PDF of my confirmation just in case.

My husband, sister and I are flying in on the 6a flight hitting up MK for the morning then heading over to Epcot to ride and enjoy flower and garden then flying home on the 9:30p flight. We've been trying to plan this "Best Day Ever" for a while and this is the perfect excuse!

Thanks to all! These boards are the only way we got to go to the pandora and galaxy's edge previews!

Soooo disappointed in how these AP preview reservations were handled. We missed out because we were actually *in a Disney park* when they released the news that they had opened up ressies. Yep, checked this morning before leaving home and nothing was posted and no email sent. Left the park around noon to come home for lunch and found the email that had been sent to us at 9:15 AM, but registration was already filled. We even have EPCOT park reservations for the dates but no GotG previews for us. Congrats to those who were sitting around and actually got the message before they filled up. We just couldn't sit home day after day waiting for an email notice. Would have been nice if they had at least let APs know what day to be expecting the registration to finally open, but oh well. Eventually we will manage to experience it after it opens to everyone.

I 100% only got a spot due to this group. I never received an email. Just wanted to say thanks! This is happening for my upcoming birthday trip and first trip with my baby and going into the parks since Covid happened so it couldn’t have worked out more perfectly

I agree with what everyone else said. I would not have gotten a spot without viewing this thread and already having the registration link. I never received an AP preview email and neither did anyone in my family with an AP. I used other people's methods of having various tabs open (chrome, incognito and my phone) and the chrome one loaded first with a less than a minute wait. It was annoying to have to swap my Epcot and HS days around (RIP my ADRs that I woke up at 6 am for) but I'm still excited regardless. I'm the only one in my group with an AP so to make up for it I'm buying everyone in my group a Remy LL, hopefully that'll soften the blow.

Still never received a confirmation email, so I hope I'll get the one closer to the actual preview. Thanks to everyone here for the helpful tips :)

We’re going to be in Universal until the 8th, so I added a day at Riverside with the AP discount and changed our flight to the 9th.
I would’ve done a value but didn’t see any. I’m hoping for a last minute dvc rental but we’ll see

I agree with what everyone else said. I would not have gotten a spot without viewing this thread and already having the registration link. I never received an AP preview email and neither did anyone in my family with an AP. I used other people's methods of having various tabs open (chrome, incognito and my phone) and the chrome one loaded first with a less than a minute wait. It was annoying to have to swap my Epcot and HS days around (RIP my ADRs that I woke up at 6 am for) but I'm still excited regardless. I'm the only one in my group with an AP so to make up for it I'm buying everyone in my group a Remy LL, hopefully that'll soften the blow.

Still never received a confirmation email, so I hope I'll get the one closer to the actual preview. Thanks to everyone here for the helpful tips :)
You don’t need to swap your days around. You’ll have both park reservations in your accounts and if you got a morning preview time you can go there and then over to HS before 2pm

Soooo disappointed in how these AP preview reservations were handled. We missed out because we were actually *in a Disney park* when they released the news that they had opened up ressies. Yep, checked this morning before leaving home and nothing was posted and no email sent. Left the park around noon to come home for lunch and found the email that had been sent to us at 9:15 AM, but registration was already filled. We even have EPCOT park reservations for the dates but no GotG previews for us. Congrats to those who were sitting around and actually got the message before they filled up. We just couldn't sit home day after day waiting for an email notice. Would have been nice if they had at least let APs know what day to be expecting the registration to finally open, but oh well. Eventually we will manage to experience it after it opens to everyone.
this just sounds bitter and rude. nobody here was sitting around waiting for an email,in fact most of us booked before the email even went out because we followed the thread and knew what to do. probably spent 5 minutes a day on this.

How exactly was the registration link found prior to it going live? Worked great as I was in here and had my date within 2 min of it going live. But how did the link come about?

You don’t need to swap your days around. You’ll have both park reservations in your accounts and if you got a morning preview time you can go there and then over to HS before 2pm
I know but I got a 12:30-1pm slot and none of the people I'm going with have a park hopper ticket so I wanted all of us to be able to go to the same park. I wanted a morning but was surprised to see that even at 9:00 am the earliest time wasn't until 11:30-12.

Btw I hope you enjoy going to Disney with your baby : )

Does anyone has a list of the dates of each group and how many tickets there were?
D23 is on the 15th and were 500(?) Tickets or groups?

That is the week I am there, I didn't get tickets, but trying to assess if this will influence crowds for that week or not.

I guess not, but maybe more experienced people can help :)

Does anyone know what will happen if one of our kids backs out of riding? Would they let the parent who stayed out ride after everyone else gets out? We should be fine but just in case.

I also want to send out a huge thanks to @Liquidice and @Haley R for posting the threads and links and everyone who posted and kept the faith. After many many people mentioned calling DVC and being told that dates hadn't been sent and the links were not valid, I think we have proven that Disney doesn't tell their CMs anything about the special events. Based on that the email receipt 15 minutes after the links dropped - there is NO way I would have been able to go to any preview! Unfortunately the DVC dates didn't work, but I was able to score for me and my hubby for the 21st. My kiddos (all college age) don't arrive until later so too bad for them, lol!! We leave on the 27th, and I was able to get park reservations as soon as they announced the opened date, so I guess we (they) will be rope-dropping for that. Should be loads of fun :) Again thank you, thank you!!

As an AP holder i'm a little disappointed I didn't get a spot. I don't follow these boards so I didn't know it was coming. I saw the email about 35 min after it was sent waited in line and it was full. I'm not sure why they couldn't make enough spots for everyone who has a pass.

As an AP holder i'm a little disappointed I didn't get a spot. I don't follow these boards so I didn't know it was coming. I saw the email about 35 min after it was sent waited in line and it was full. I'm not sure why they couldn't make enough spots for everyone who has a pass.
I totally agree the information sharing from Disney was awful! It makes no sense to me why they couldn't have sent out the email BEFORE the queues opened???

I also want to send out a huge thanks to @Liquidice and @Haley R for posting the threads and links and everyone who posted and kept the faith. After many many people mentioned calling DVC and being told that dates hadn't been sent and the links were not valid, I think we have proven that Disney doesn't tell their CMs anything about the special events. Based on that the email receipt 15 minutes after the links dropped - there is NO way I would have been able to go to any preview! Unfortunately the DVC dates didn't work, but I was able to score for me and my hubby for the 21st. My kiddos (all college age) don't arrive until later so too bad for them, lol!! We leave on the 27th, and I was able to get park reservations as soon as they announced the opened date, so I guess we (they) will be rope-dropping for that. Should be loads of fun :) Again thank you, thank you!!

I will say in my post I advised to not call DVC Member Services about the DVC preview link, dates or why they didn't get an email. (I know you didn't call, but it did sound like a bunch of people called.)

It is clear they aren't informed about these events and they are working hard enough on actual calls that overwhelming their phone lines with questions about the ride preview is probably not good. Plus, it could have tipped them off and caused them to change the link.

Just for future reference - that would be my 2 cents. Calling in this case is not the best course of action!

I noticed none of the people who scooped my link up on social media added my caveat not to call though :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter