GotG nausea with patch??

jodybird511

DIS Veteran
Anybody out there who has bad enough motion sickness to require the patch tolerate GotG ok? I'm talking about WITH the patch. I wouldn't even try it without, but based on all I've read, I'm concerned even with the patch....

With the patch I could definitely tell that I’d have been in bad shape without it! However, I was ok on the ride (although slightly queezy) and completely fine once I got off the ride.

With the patch I could definitely tell that I’d have been in bad shape without it! However, I was ok on the ride (although slightly queezy) and completely fine once I got off the ride.
Thank you! This is helpful!

I took bonine the night before and was fine.
Unfortunately, bonine doesn't do squat for me. I have to use the patch, and I'm good for most everything, but with all the reports on this one, I was worried that the patch wouldn't even be enough.

If I can ride Rock n Rollercoaster, Everest and have done Gringotts at Universal, think I'll have any issues on this ride? Now, that said a fast carousel or Teacups will get me dizzy but generally do good on coasters with some Dramamine in the a.m. an lunch time!

Just rode it a few hours ago with the patch (and a Bonine in the morning) and I felt GREAT. I was shocked. I get sick on almost everything but this trip with the patch I’ve done Remy, RnR, even Star Tours with no issues. Today I added the Bonine just in case but not sure if it added anything.

Just rode it a few hours ago with the patch (and a Bonine in the morning) and I felt GREAT. I was shocked. I get sick on almost everything but this trip with the patch I’ve done Remy, RnR, even Star Tours with no issues. Today I added the Bonine just in case but not sure if it added anything.
I find the patch to be almost like a miracle. At this point in my life, I can hardly even stand a carousel, so that patch is a must. I'm a big Harry Potter fan, but the first time I rode Forbidden Journey (no patch), I almost didn't make it off the ride and must have looked green; however, I have ridden that and basically anything else I've wanted since making sure I get a script for the patch before our trips now. It's pretty bad when you can't even hack Star Tours without meds on board. Lol

Man i LOVE the patch and how incredibly well it works for my intense motion sickness. Without it I can't hardly manage the TTA! I too tried Forbidden Journey once without it and I Straight up wanted to die...I was green and oozed off the ride.

That said, the blurry vision it gives me has become problematic. To the point I don't want to use it anymore. I'm so bummed out. So I tried on our last trip switching to meclizine taken the night before and it worked very well! We rode GotG and I was only mildly woozy but recovered fast.

Man i LOVE the patch and how incredibly well it works for my intense motion sickness. Without it I can't hardly manage the TTA! I too tried Forbidden Journey once without it and I Straight up wanted to die...I was green and oozed off the ride.

That said, the blurry vision it gives me has become problematic. To the point I don't want to use it anymore. I'm so bummed out. So I tried on our last trip switching to meclizine taken the night before and it worked very well! We rode GotG and I was only mildly woozy but recovered fast.
Good to know! As I've gotten older and my need for readers has increased, I am actually less bothered by the visual side effects--maybe bc I just have them all the time! Hah!

Unfortunately, bonine doesn't do squat for me. I have to use the patch, and I'm good for most everything, but with all the reports on this one, I was worried that the patch wouldn't even be enough.
I'd say if you're good for almost anything, the patch will work.

My first time riding was without bonine and I wasn't sick, just a little blah. I'm probably the middle of the spectrum for motion sickness.

I love this coaster. It is SOOOOO much fun!!

If I can ride Rock n Rollercoaster, Everest and have done Gringotts at Universal, think I'll have any issues on this ride? Now, that said a fast carousel or Teacups will get me dizzy but generally do good on coasters with some Dramamine in the a.m. an lunch time!
I thought it was pretty tame without any medication at all.

My take is that the beginning is the only part that is a little hard to tell one's direction.

After that, the music starts and to me, it felt like the ride just moved (somewhat gently) to the music.

It is not nearly as intense as Everest or RNRC. It is more on par with 7DMT, but better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter