Grand Cal and DL hotel questions

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I have reservations at the DL hotel for next summer and I have a few questions. FYI-If in a few months it's financially possible I'm going to upgrade to Grand Cal. But do both hotels have refrigerators and coffeemakers in the standard rooms? My mom can NOT go without coffee in the morning. I would like a refrigerator because I'm going to surprise her with a rum cake (we will be there on her birthday) and I need somewhere to put it. Any help would be great.Thanks! :teeth:

There are coffee makers at GC but not at the DLH. On the flip side, there are frigs. at the DLh, but at the GC, they are smaller and I don't think would fit a cake. We had a cake in a suite last year for my sons birthday and it did not fit in there. At the DLH we always bring slices of cheesecake back from the Cheesecake factory in Laguna and we can fit a few. Hope you have fun.

At the DLH all you have to do is ask and they will bring you a coffee pot. I always ask at check in and one is delivered in an hour or so, it comes with coffee and cups.......Also DLH has small fridge's to put stuff in. Can't comment on the GC as we haven't stayed there yet.

We've had refrigerators in our rooms at both hotels. Like someone else said they aren't that big. We usually just keep soda and maybe a few take out containers. It would have to be a small cake!

Coffee makers are no problem if you ask for it at the DLH. My husband is the same way and he always asks for it when we get there. They're really good about it.

At the GCH just ask for a fridge and they will bring one to your room at no cost (although it's a good idea to tip the CM bringing it to you). :thumbsup2

We did this on our last trip and it was great to have!

Just to reiterate...the refrig at the Grand is very small. I had a hard time putting a bottle of wine, a few sodas, water bottles and juice in there. But, it is better than nothing! Also, there is no convenient place to put it. We usually put it on the floor to the right of the bathroom sink, next to the wicker laundry basket provided. It is difficult to get into on the floor but we found no better place to put it with an electical plug close enough.

Have a wonderful trip, whatever you decide. :)

Bless the folks at vacation planning services, they didn't even laugh when I posed a variation of this question.

Last time we stayed at Paradise Pier and the coffee was just horrible. I couldn't deal with that again so I asked the vacation planning people if it was the same coffee as before as well as the same sort of coffee maker. The coffee is the same (ugh) as well as the maker. That part was important because regular filters would not work at all. I'm going to be bringing a small french press and hot pot (which will come in handy for oatmeal, etc).

I also asked if there was real creamer available on property instead of the instant powder that they supply in room. The guy I talked to found out that we could order it from room service and keep it in the fridge.

I'm a coffee snob, I admit it. But at least I know that it can make or break my vacation and I plan ahead for it.

Albort said:
Its called Starbucks :thumbsup2

The depth of my coffee addiction is too deep to wait to go out to get coffee. I must receive my first dose before leaving the room...otherwise I will leave a wake of destruction behind me. I respect cast member's far to much to do that to them.

KirklandTutu said:
The depth of my coffee addiction is too deep to wait to go out to get coffee. I must receive my first dose before leaving the room...otherwise I will leave a wake of destruction behind me. I respect cast member's far to much to do that to them.

Its called Room Service then :thumbsup2

or

Its called "bring your own coffee maker day" :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

hahahahha, im too tired to think straight :confused3

I have seriously considered bringing my espresso machine.....one less pair of jeans or so and I'll survive. Bad coffee in the morning? NEVER!!!

Just got back from a Thanksgiving trip to Maine where we brought the perk pot, grinder and what we call power beans.

The coffee arsenal is packed just like pajamas.

I do wonder how much longer the Nescafe contract will last. With more and more of the country being brought around to the Starbucks way of life, and the coffee at the resorts being so sub par, I would have to imagine it would only be a matter of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter