Grand Californian Hotel- EARLY CHECK IN?

funhouse8

<font color=teal>How can you invest so much money
We are arriving in ca. on July 16th at 9:30am. I'm sure there won't be any rooms available because I do know this is a busy time but....Will they hold our lugguage at the desk. I'm going to make a reservation to do the lilo & stich breakfast at 12:00pm (it's a Sunday) So I can check in after but can I go to the hotel first to store our bags. :confused3 Thanks, Gina

Also it's my brothers birthday - should I call ahead of time to let them know or just get a pin when we check in? :wizard:

Check-in at the Disney resort hotels isn't until 3pm, but they will hold your bags for you.

Definitely call ahead to let them know about the birthday. They will note it in your reservation, and sometimes there's an extra surprise for the birthday person. Also be sure and mention the birthday wherever you go (restaurants, etc.)

We did this during our trip in Oct. We arrived at 8:30am and they held our luggages. We were travelling with other family members. We had 4 rooms booked and happily 1 was ready to be chceked into at 8:30 in the morning. The rest of us had bellhop hold our luggages.

Thanks, do you think we could swim in the pool earlier in the day. Would there be anywhere for my nephew to change? If mot I guess we could go hang out at DTD while waiting for our reservations to come up.

I believe when you pre-check in in the morning, they give you a key. You'll need that key to access the pool. There's a bathroom near the pool by White Water Snacks where your nephew can change. Towels are by the pool. Have a great trip. I'm sure you'll enjoy the hotel. We sure did.

we went over labor day and checked in at 8 AM, they didn't have a room yet, but because it was so early we got a good pick at a great room-really helpful! They chose a room hat wasn't ready, took our luggage and told us to call the front desk to find out our room number after 3 PM. WSe checked at 1:30 and it was ready. (They give you the key in the AM so you don't have to wait in line again) And there is a phone by the bathrooms in the lobby that you use to find out your room number. It's so easy! Have fun!

one time at WDW we had driven all night and got there at 0430 am....we were not suppossed to check in until 3pm but we went to the desk and asked if they had any rooms available...they did and we checked in then...we were able to get some sleep in our room and then spend the afternoon at a waterpark....

it never hurts to ask! :cool1:

I have gotten in the room at 9 AM and have waited until 3 as well.

They will actually give you your room key before that. All you need to do is call back to see if the room is ready and go on up when it is.

txaggie94gigem said:
one time at WDW we had driven all night and got there at 0430 am....we were not suppossed to check in until 3pm but we went to the desk and asked if they had any rooms available...they did and we checked in then...we were able to get some sleep in our room and then spend the afternoon at a waterpark....

it never hurts to ask! :cool1:
NICE! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter