Grand Californian Super Thread

Does anyone think there’s a chance of a magic key late fall discount for Sunday through Thursday? We want to stay that first Thursday in December.

Does anyone think there’s a chance of a magic key late fall discount for Sunday through Thursday? We want to stay that first Thursday in December.
I'm waiting for a discount too, not MK though. I researched about a month or so ago and they seem to put out the seasonal discounts mid September each year and they go through mid December for stay dates.

I'm waiting for a discount too, not MK though. I researched about a month or so ago and they seem to put out the seasonal discounts mid September each year and they go through mid December for stay dates.

This is super helpful…. Thank You!!!! I keep checking obsessively.

Is room service back yet? I was hoping to order a little something the mornings before the convention.

edit: Never mind! Found the menu of what they offer.

Last edited:
Great info everyone, quick question that's probably been answered thousands of times regarding room request. We reserved a 2BR suite, checking in today. (For some reason you can only check in online 48 hours out, so hopefully we don't have to wait in a huge line at front desk). I'm not familiar with what views are associated with the specific parts of the hotel. What area/view should we request to be close to DCA and DL entrances but not too far from the pool/restaurants in that area?

Great info everyone, quick question that's probably been answered thousands of times regarding room request. We reserved a 2BR suite, checking in today. (For some reason you can only check in online 48 hours out, so hopefully we don't have to wait in a huge line at front desk). I'm not familiar with what views are associated with the specific parts of the hotel. What area/view should we request to be close to DCA and DL entrances but not too far from the pool/restaurants in that area?
There are a very limited number of 2 bedroom suites, and as the game of Tetris has been played by now, not sure you will actually get to request a specific area this late in the game. Most of the 2 bedrooms will be the ends of hallways. See Pic below for areas like 447/450/357.

GCH Layout Colors.jpeg

Curious the view you got and where about it was.

We just booked a cabana for late October. Super excited! This is such a dream come true to stay at the Grand Californian. I never thought we could have stayed here, especially with the price of rooms now, but now we're not only staying in a Woods/Courtyard view room - we're also doing a cabana. I keep saying this is a one time stay and we'll return to Disneyland Hotel after this. We shall see!

Curious the view you got and where about it was.
It's basically a 2BR suite but seems more like connecting rooms but worked great. View is a pool view directly on opposite side of the big pool slide. Right next to elevator that drops us down next to the napa restaurant. Great location

We just booked a cabana for late October. Super excited! This is such a dream come true to stay at the Grand Californian. I never thought we could have stayed here, especially with the price of rooms now, but now we're not only staying in a Woods/Courtyard view room - we're also doing a cabana. I keep saying this is a one time stay and we'll return to Disneyland Hotel after this. We shall see!
Congrats. After first GCH stay, if you end up in love, it can be hard to walk past that entrance on your way to DLH. There is that feeling "If you lived here, you'd be home by now".

But every trip was different. The prices & value proposition changes all the time depending on what's happening at the resort (construction) and with your group/family. If choosing DLH or PPH over GCH was the difference in going or not going, then it's a no brainer. You can always drop into the GCH on a future trip for a stroll (And to plan your next stay) :thumbsup2

It's basically a 2BR suite but seems more like connecting rooms but worked great. View is a pool view directly on opposite side of the big pool slide. Right next to elevator that drops us down next to the napa restaurant. Great location
2 bedroom suites are a 1 bedrm suite with a connecting room. We are currently in a 1 bedrm and we get the same room when we do 2 bedroom, just with the connecting door open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter