Grand Californian Super Thread

yep, everyone is let in at once but then at the rope drop area hotel guests can keep going
For DL, you'll veer to the right as you get near the hub and show your room key/reservation on your phone and they'll let you pass, everyone else gets herded behind the rope... its a remarkable feeling seeing that massive crowd just standing and watching as you walk from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland and vice versa through the castle. If you are interested in rope dropping Rise, you have a big headstart on everyone who is roped off, as you can wait in line for when they open the big doors from FL near Red Rose Tavern. If you don't like Rise, you can get right to Big Thunder quickly and ride it a few times at rope drop... you just need to be prepared to dodge people running towards Galaxy's edge if you are heading to Frontier/New Orleans square.

For DL, you'll veer to the right as you get near the hub and show your room key/reservation on your phone and they'll let you pass, everyone else gets herded behind the rope... its a remarkable feeling seeing that massive crowd just standing and watching as you walk from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland and vice versa through the castle. If you are interested in rope dropping Rise, you have a big headstart on everyone who is roped off, as you can wait in line for when they open the big doors from FL near Red Rose Tavern. If you don't like Rise, you can get right to Big Thunder quickly and ride it a few times at rope drop... you just need to be prepared to dodge people running towards Galaxy's edge if you are heading to Frontier/New Orleans square.
and the DCA area is right by Avengers campus right?

yep, everyone is let in at once but then at the rope drop area hotel guests can keep going
and the DCA area is right by Avengers campus right?
yes, its right in the Carthay Circle - Avengers area where they split up EE guests and the other rope-droppers. If you are interested in RSR for rope drop, try to get over to Cars land before 8am and you can beat the mass rush of people and get a good spot in line. As long as the ride is not down (which it feels like happens a lot), you can look at anywhere from 10-20 mins to walk on. But, get there before 8 because the line builds up so quick.

We are staying at the GC in November for Dapper Day. My reservation doesn't show up on my reservations. Is there a trick to getting a conference room to show on your account?

We are staying at the GC in November for Dapper Day. My reservation doesn't show up on my reservations. Is there a trick to getting a conference room to show on your account?
Have you tried linking it with your confirmation number from Dapper Day convention? I mean, go to the Disneyland app/site and try entering your confirmation number yourself.

So we are doing our first stay at the GCH in November…. I booked using the Disney visa discount that was released today. No standard or woods views available….. I had to book a DTD view. I realize this will be louder, but we have older children, no nappers, and we’ll be up for EE hour both days. I always wear earplugs and my kids could sleep through the apocalypse.

Does anyone have any tips for a room request or an area with that view?

We check in 11-30… will all the holiday decorations be up at the hotel?

Thanks! This is a bucket list item for myself and my parents, so we’re really excited!

I just linked a conference reservation. Copy and paste the confirmation number into the app, in the hotel section. I don't think it happens automatically with conference reservations.....but admittedly, that's just a guess.

So we are doing our first stay at the GCH in November…. I booked using the Disney visa discount that was released today.
Ooooh, I have the Disney Visa, but I haven't seen this about a room discount. Can you share where you saw it? Promo email or website?

Very interesting about the Chase discount. I wonder if we'll see Magic Key discounts in the next day or two...

Also interested and hoping for one for the general public. We would save $775, which I wasn't expecting so that would be lovely.

I just linked a conference reservation. Copy and paste the confirmation number into the app, in the hotel section. I don't think it happens automatically with conference reservations.....but admittedly, that's just a guess.

Ooooh, I have the Disney Visa, but I haven't seen this about a room discount. Can you share where you saw it? Promo email or website?

Disney Rewards sent me an email. It mentioned booking before the offer is open to the general public, so it’s going to open up soon. On the days we wanted, only DTD and pool views were available.

Email.

It’s only 15%….. I was hoping for 20% but oh well.

So you guys are saying daily housekeeping IS back??? That's what I came here to ask (our trip is 10/2-10/8), and omg ... please confirm! We're pretty tidy, but I can't express how much of a bummer it was coming back from a day in the parks to find unmade beds and full trash cans (in our $800/nt room).

So you guys are saying daily housekeeping IS back??? That's what I came here to ask (our trip is 10/2-10/8), and omg ... please confirm! We're pretty tidy, but I can't express how much of a bummer it was coming back from a day in the parks to find unmade beds and full trash cans (in our $800/nt room).
Yes, since at least prior to summer.

I had it every day in a woods view room Sept 8-12.

Question for those who have stayed recently - have you received a free poster during your stay? I’m asking because Bret Iwan said at the PNWMM (Disney fan convention held in July in Washington state) that guest of GCH would receive his new National Park series poster with Mickey during a stay at GCH. I’m wondering if that has started yet because we check in Oct 14th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter